Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had post on this thread sometime back about wanting to buy my first rolex. Recently chance upon a pre-owned half gold DJ and bought it. Loving it but very sayang/flashy for daily use.

Recently have a paradigm shift in mentality and steering clear of sports model, so year end likely got spare cash and thinking of getting a 39mm 114300 from AD for daily use. Though I know it is next to impossible to walk in and out with a sports model, even a "basic" Explorer I, is it possible to just walk in and purchase something as basic as a 39mm OP?

Zero exp with AD here, paiseh for noob qns.

Buy it and put your name for sub date or no date. High chance
If your agent has Buddha heart will keep one for you

Buy that and sell your OP or flip the sub for few k profit

If you want to skip the trouble or uncertainty, just buy grey preowned or brand new

kikilin

Reaction score
I assume you have no previous history with any ADs?

If so, the best bet for you is to go to all the ADs to put your name down. A sub (no date) is easier to get, and I don't expect you having to wait for more than six months.

Wah. Yes, I totally dont have any purchase history with ADs. I put my name in THG by email to them. and not sure their interest list is apply to individuals outlet or as a whole of THG.

I even tried asking at knightsbridge the hour glass outlet today. One of the sales lady scan me from head to top. I feel wth.
Also visited corina watch at paragon, sales lady again. She told me their list very long need to wait 2-3yrs for black sub.

Last edited:

makingfriends

Reaction score
Wah. Yes, I totally dont have any purchase history with ADs. I put my name in THG by email to them. and not sure their interest list is apply to individuals outlet or as a whole of THG.

I even tried asking at knightsbridge the hour glass outlet today. One of the sales lady scan me from head to top. I feel wth.
Also visited corina watch at paragon, sales lady again. She told me their list very long need to wait 2-3yrs for black sub.

ur chance is almost close to 0...if u manage to get 1, go pray.
the waiting i guess is plain wayang...
my frien THG ViP...spend probaby close to about 200-300k overall on all brands only manage got get a sub no date after 1yr for another frien.

i got my sub date after couple weeks after i gotten DJ and with history of IwC and oTher rolex models...and i know personally know the sales person.

he told me...nowdays rolex shipment in...ADs dunno what is coming and even if comes also dunno wat is the allocation.

this time round, heard abt only 5 sub came in for the entire SG...
imagine the sheer nos of ADs...ThG only allocated 2...and the nos of branches THG has? my outlet gotten 1. and the nos of salesman wanting? my sales fight limbs for me...hahaha...

so...i guess, if u dun hv previous historical record, i guess if u really wan it, probably u got to get from resales market and pay higher premium.

if u manage to get at retail price with no background...happier than strike 4D.
and my sales say...Sub already so jia lat...Daytona, dun even dream...hahahaa...
got $ also canno guarantee hv...even DJ are losing ground coz many cun get sport, tends to get DJ 1st...

Good Luck...

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i would always recommend bringing watch Friends with heavy hitters watch when visiting ADs. Theirs eyes only scan your watch when you enter. At least a daytona, ap or full gold watch before you are taken seriously.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
my frien THG ViP...spend probaby close to about 200-300k overall on all brands only manage got get a sub no date after 1yr for another frien.

i got my sub date after couple weeks after i gotten DJ and with history of IwC and oTher rolex models...and i know personally know the sales person.

he told me...nowdays rolex shipment in...ADs dunno what is coming and even if comes also dunno wat is the allocation.

imagine the sheer nos of ADs...ThG only allocated 2...and the nos of branches THG has? my outlet gotten 1. and the nos of salesman wanting? my sales fight limbs for me...hahaha...

so...i guess, if u dun hv previous historical record, i guess if u really wan it, probably u got to get from resales market and pay higher premium.

and my sales say...Sub already so jia lat...Daytona, dun even dream...hahahaa...
got $ also canno guarantee hv...even DJ are losing ground coz many cun get sport, tends to get DJ 1st...

Good Luck...

200-300k is not a VIP. Actually what I think constitutes a VIP is not only the absolute amount but the discount you ask from the AD. If you ask for huge discounts then your 'hot models' will come slower.

I asked RWS AD before (Gassan), the sales told me straight in the face 70k spend w/o discount for a Daytona (2018)

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would always recommend bringing watch Friends with heavy hitters watch when visiting ADs. Theirs eyes only scan your watch when you enter. At least a daytona, ap or full gold watch before you are taken seriously.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

That's sad.. but guess it's true.. so nowadays what are the "I-will-take-you-seriously" watches?

kikilin

Reaction score

I get myself prepared by wearing all branded. XD seem like still not enough.

kikilin

Reaction score

Good Luck...

I got tot of get from reseller. But wont knw if it is a real watch or not. I wondering how ppl get from oversea AD?

benzene

Reaction score
I went to THG on dec 2017.
Went in to check if they have batman.
Was told only have GMT master ii Black and half gold.
Am considering when another lady came in to ask for the black.
I told the sales guy if she is not buying i will get it.
TBH till today i did not regret that decision.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to THG on dec 2017.
Went in to check if they have batman.
Was told only have GMT master ii Black and half gold.
Am considering when another lady came in to ask for the black.
I told the sales guy if she is not buying i will get it.
TBH till today i did not regret that decision.

what a username... benzene, nice.

makingfriends

Reaction score
200-300k is not a VIP. Actually what I think constitutes a VIP is not only the absolute amount but the discount you ask from the AD. If you ask for huge discounts then your 'hot models' will come slower.

I asked RWS AD before (Gassan), the sales told me straight in the face 70k spend w/o discount for a Daytona (2018)

Rolex no longer huge discount as compare last time...coz seem much strict on it, as last time anyhow jack up.

Gassan...we had frien mum working as regional director, we also din really approach coz usually got Rolex allocation are those bigger AD...

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

recommend ask friends to intro lobang. but when you say u want rolex sub date, the friends will lol at you because they also want it.
they can flip it. for what give you.

it's the real world out there.

I get myself prepared by wearing all branded. XD seem like still not enough.

lol. this is funny.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got tot of get from reseller. But wont knw if it is a real watch or not. I wondering how ppl get from oversea AD?

get the reseller to deal at a shop which does authentication, you choose the shop. this thread has many info as well. once the shop certify its all original then deal, cod.

i did that recently.

kikilin

Reaction score
recommend ask friends to intro lobang. but when you say u want rolex sub date, the friends will lol at you because they also want it.
they can flip it. for what give you.

it's the real world out there.

lol. this is funny.

Why funny lei? Bo yong ar? I dun like lady serve me. I prefer gay or guy to serve cos they are usually better. =X

kikilin

Reaction score
Actually I dont know how to por those SA or how to communicate with them to ask them help me. =(

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I dont know how to por those SA or how to communicate with them to ask them help me. =(

why need to por.

go in say u want, if have then jackpot, if don't have then wait... if wait too long then buy other watches while waiting....

got tudor, bell & ross, breitling, omega, iwc, panerai, grand seiko, longines, ball, hamilton.... so many different brands.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why need to por.

go in say u want, if have then jackpot, if don't have then wait... if wait too long then buy other watches while waiting....

got tudor, bell & ross, breitling, omega, iwc, panerai, grand seiko, longines, ball, hamilton.... so many different brands.

:s13:

first time hear customer need to por to buy stuff. :s13:

you por = you actually want to flip to resell the watch to make profit ? :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.