USB-C to USB-C Cables

minamikaze

Reaction score
Anyone bought USB-C to USB-C cables? Not in a hurry to get it, but wondering if I should get it online at about S$4 (wait for a week or so), or at the show (is it same price?)

Last edited:

llmarachll

Reaction score
Normally the Indian shop will have , but to be honest , go MB’s just to get a cable is not worth the time

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought USB-C to USB-C cables? Not in a hurry to get it, but wondering if I should get it online at about S$4 (wait for a week or so), or at the show (same price?)

Get it online ba. I always buy cables at Aliexpress lol More options. Just get from the more reputable stores

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought USB-C to USB-C cables? Not in a hurry to get it, but wondering if I should get it online at about S$4 (wait for a week or so), or at the show (is it same price?)

If buy online, at least get trusted brand one lol. Not sure if there's any good C to C cable for $4. I bought ugreen one around $10.

b_ongzhenyu

Reaction score
Try taobao, got mine USB 3.1 for $3 each, bought a few. Good fast speeds and support PD up to 60W.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UGreen from aliexpress quaility quite good. Their lighting cable also MFi certified.

007Mi6

Reaction score
If want quick and reasonable cost, 1.5m by Xiaomi at Mi store selling $14.90.

No hard and fast rule to say where to buy is the best, just more options

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get the AmazonBasic ones from Prime now. They're all USB-C certified and work great

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for USB-IF Certified cables guys, especially if you are using it to charge your usb-pd devices.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Charging Speeds

USB-C cables are mainly rated at 3A and 5A. For USB-C to USB-A cables, we only selected 3A level, because 3A is enough to charge most devices with USB-C ports. The 5A USB-C to USB-A cables have a relatively small application range unless your phones are from Huawei, OnePlus or OPPO. However, these brands have their exclusive fast charging protocols like Huwei’s SuperCharge, Oneplus’s Dash Charge, and OPPO’s VOOC Flash Charge, which are not compatible with some common fast charging protocols. That is to say, USB-C to USB-A cables should not only support 5A but also support their proprietary protocols, which leads to the narrow applicability of 5A USB-C to USB-A cables.

As for USB-C to USB-C cables, 3A is enough to fully power up all existing PD-enabled mobile devices and some low-power-consumption laptops. If you need to juice your high-powered laptop (like a MacBook Pro 15”), then a 5A cable will meet your requirement. And only 5A USB-C to USB-C cables can hit 100W power delivery level.

USB-C to Lightning cables can only charge Apple devices equipped with Lightning ports. Thus, we will be A-OK with them, as long as they support 2.4A.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.