Genting FAQ - Part 3

ZenTape

Reaction score
Hi guys, please pardon a noob question because we have not go genting for over 8 years.

Do we need to carry mostly cash on us or the shops/restaurants/etc accept paywave/credit card etc?

Thank you so much :)

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
More vids of the GPO flood.. this is what happens when you cut all the trees down and pour concrete in its place :s13:

7OMLdUr.gifv

iE47j06.gifv

rbHW3it.gifv

4ZMG408.gifv

g0n1UFV.gifv

EBzmROO.gifv

Best not to go up now.. imagine being stuck in traffic jam halfway down mountain then some bus crash into you cos the drum brake overheat :eek:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading to Genting this week or early next week?:o I be heading to Genting next Wednesday.:o

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, please pardon a noob question because we have not go genting for over 8 years.

Do we need to carry mostly cash on us or the shops/restaurants/etc accept paywave/credit card etc?

Thank you so much :)

What a great question. :s13:

I usually pay cash so I never really notice but I would think it's very unlikely that the shops and restaurants dun accept credit card.

Why you want to pay the horrid exchange rate charge by the bank is another question altogether. :s11:

Justin_T

Banned
Reaction score

I usually pay cash so I never really notice but I would think it's very unlikely that the shops and restaurants dun accept credit card.

Why you want to pay the horrid exchange rate charge by the bank is another question altogether. :s11:

Most if not all merchants in Genting accepts the usual Master and Visa. Although American Express seem not to be too widely accepted

Smarty2

Reaction score

Agree...unless one has a local Malaysian credit card, the forex rate will not be favourable... nevertheless, almost all outlets there - big or small accept Mastercard & Visa...

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why you guys don't use youtrip? go apply free youtrip card the exchange rate is better as compare to cc and is convenient too.

datolim

Reaction score

Correct pay cash. Money changer buy sell spread is 0.5%
Credit card charge 3%.
Never let the merchant make you pay in SGD. Insist on local currency. Merchant can use a 10% exchange rate.

ALS-SONG

Reaction score
I will be going on 22-26 July . Taking night coach (WTS), staying at first world hotel , book superior deluxe room . Any kaki want to meet up for coffee ,Beer, durian 😂 at the mountain can pm me. Cheers🍺

smilingbuddha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very long never go Genting alr. Any recommendations on hotels

Resort Hotel, Theme Park or Maxims more convenient ah?

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be going on 22-26 July . Taking night coach (WTS), staying at first world hotel , book superior deluxe room . Any kaki want to meet up for coffee ,Beer, durian 😂 at the mountain can pm me. Cheers🍺

I will be there 24-26.:o see you all.:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.