Cheap EO - Where to buy?

HellHunter

Reaction score
do your research leh.. doh just cut & paste :s13:
EGAS is a state own company and Toyota can only invest into joint projects. there will always be restrictions when in joint projects in certain countries (eg. Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, China)

on the other hand, are you trying to say the local Toyota EO are refined from Egypt? :super:

It's a joke. Don't wet yourself. :s8: :s13:
I've already said the EO they sell is almost certainly subcontracted to a 3rd party. :vijayadmin:

Last edited:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Engine Oil threads almost always get people arguing. I say just use any oil and change it early very early like every 5,000km.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
If u guys read the wordings on the bottle, both Toyota and Lexus oil made in UAE by SNLOC, with the Toyota one in collaboration with Idemitsu.
Car manufacturers also don’t make their own spark plugs, brake fluid, water pump etc isn’t it..even if their brand may be put on the box.
But people buy because of the trust in the brand, or rather the QC associated with it.

Don't expect too much out of these cheap oil though. They are cheap because they are made to just satisfy basic API ratings, which are sufficient for typical Japanese/Korean engines.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u guys read the wordings on the bottle, both Toyota and Lexus oil made in UAE by SNLOC, with the Toyota one in collaboration with Idemitsu.
Car manufacturers also don’t make their own spark plugs, brake fluid, water pump etc isn’t it..even if their brand may be put on the box.
But people buy because of the trust in the brand, or rather the QC associated with it.

Don't expect too much out of these cheap oil though. They are cheap because they are made to just satisfy basic API ratings, which are sufficient for typical Japanese/Korean engines.

I got $25/5L bottle. With Markings: sae sl/cf, acea a3, b3, vw 505 and MB 229.1.

EO brand is Delek Lubricants Motorsynth Full syn. From UAE.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
I got $25/5L bottle. With Markings: sae sl/cf, acea a3, b3, vw 505 and MB 229.1.

EO brand is Delek Lubricants Motorsynth Full syn. From UAE.

MB229.1 is quite obselete already.. it's basically ACEA A2/B2.
API SN already supersedes that.
But of course the one you mention is API SL, A3/B3 .. good for > 10 yr old cars.

Think the new cars now all require SN.. or at least SM?

weeza77

Reaction score

Bro, the golden question. Where did you buy those EO?

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I was actually keen to try it out since it's one of the lowest $/L EOs out there on discount. Will stock up when I spot a discount. The usual price is about $40 right? Or is it always $19.90 at the warehouse?

Yea :s13: still the lowest I've ever paid was through a servicing voucher stacked with discount coupon..iirc $17.xx but that time I didn't need to top up for over 4L EO. :(

I believe that might be to do with the viscosity of the oil. Two oils rated at 40 can be quite different. I think think the more ex oils like Liqui Moly are more viscous while offering the same protection. Oils sheer with use so closer to servicing time the car should generally feel lighter/better fc than immediately after servicing but the problem with this is the engine is protected less.

I'm not really too concerned about these things though, my primary concern is if the EO can protect the engine and fc isn't too negatively affected. New oil, imo, whichever brand offers adequate protection. Might just need to do a change sooner.

Where to get this carbo oil? Never heard of it..I think..

:s13: nola..they do make their own eo. Rather it's probably just repackaged oil from their subcontractor :o but it is legit..
https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=10031

Ooh, first two checked, thanks for the heads up on Forkliftparts Enterprise..will look into that :)

The workshop i service my car at is using carbo oil.

HellHunter

Reaction score

True. A lot of parts in cars are already contracted out these days to save cost. Lots of tech sharing also. It's all about the money :)

Most people seem to put 'conti' cars on some pedestal in SG though. A little too over the top at times. Majority of these are b&b cars in Europe/Aus/US/etc. and don't need $20-50 a liter EO. The 'conti' taxis plying the roads daily in Europe don't run on premium oil, just the basic bang for buck type that satisfy requirements and the engines keep going without issue. Here many people tend to think their conti is actually worth $200k :s13: when in actuality it's a low-mid range car. Of course Singapore's weather plays a part but still..see too many people going overboard :s13:

why change EO every 5000km? not 10000km? :s22::s22:

The general belief(understanding?) is that cheap EO sheers faster(esp in hot, tropical weather) and with more city/heavy traffic/foot driving. Many people prefer to change early to prevent any potential damage from oil that's gotten too thin.

I personally find if the car has a bit of horses(not the 90-110bhp type) when the oil gets thinner, you can actually feel the car becoming more responsive and FC may marginally improve also. That's when it's definitely reaching time for a change.

The workshop i service my car at is using carbo oil.

Oic. May be worth a try. How much do they charge for a standard service?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some engines have a tendency to dilute the engine oil with petrol when older or worn. So it’s better to change at shorter intervals.

bh10101

Reaction score
Some engines have a tendency to dilute the engine oil with petrol when older or worn. So it’s better to change at shorter intervals.

I agreed on this point.
if the car is above 8yrs old, a tendency to change EO will be at shorter interval. & if one use cheaper EO, then interval will be even shorter then usual. :s12:

HellHunter

Reaction score

Oil dilution would apply to both cheap and premium EOs though. Or do premium EOs maintain viscosity better with fuel mixing in? Haven't really heard about that.. Need to do some research..

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Doesn’t matter cheap or expensive. If there’s a leak, there’ll be dilution. Change every 5-8k kilometres anyway.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t exceed 8k even when the car is brand new. You honestly don’t save much dragging that few thousand kilometres.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True. A lot of parts in cars are already contracted out these days to save cost. Lots of tech sharing also. It's all about the money :)

Most people seem to put 'conti' cars on some pedestal in SG though. A little too over the top at times. Majority of these are b&b cars in Europe/Aus/US/etc. and don't need $20-50 a liter EO. The 'conti' taxis plying the roads daily in Europe don't run on premium oil, just the basic bang for buck type that satisfy requirements and the engines keep going without issue. Here many people tend to think their conti is actually worth $200k :s13: when in actuality it's a low-mid range car. Of course Singapore's weather plays a part but still..see too many people going overboard :s13:

Agreed, 80% of the BB car cost is taxes, I would print out my rd tax,coe,receipts and etc and submerge them into $100 per litre engine oil. It may make my 100k car run better....

I do change my oil at 5-6000k km interval as I always rev my engine to the red line often...

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good job. Change early and often. Won’t save much anyway.

Agreed, 80% of the BB car cost is taxes, I would print out my rd tax,coe,receipts and etc and submerge them into $100 per litre engine oil. It may make my 100k car run better....

I do change my oil at 5-6000k km interval as I always rev my engine to the red line often...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.