Back from South island New Zealand

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
This is levied on those visa waivered countries and yes, it affects us.

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT

How did you two read that there is no impact on Singaporeans? putting aside that a1v1n_'s travel period is before start of new rule.

Oh I thought visa and NzETA are the same thing and since we are in the list of visa waiver countries, we need not apply for the NzETA.

But I stand corrected, as lurker88 bro has rightly pointed out. :o

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is parking easily available? Free? Paid? Thanks!

Sent from me using GAGT

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is parking easily available? Free? Paid? Thanks!

Sent from me using GAGT

Mostly free. Only paid for bigger cities like queens town and Christchurch. Parking not cheap for those that need to pay but still ok ba unless u stay very long at this few places then keep paying daily.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mostly free. Only paid for bigger cities like queens town and Christchurch. Parking not cheap for those that need to pay but still ok ba unless u stay very long at this few places then keep paying daily.

Thanks for the quick response! How does the paying works ah? Pay into machine using coins?

Sent from me using GAGT

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! How does the paying works ah? Pay into machine using coins?

Sent from me using GAGT

Eh.. they have a machine there at the carpark. U can pay at the machine. They have Wilson there too.

For roadside parking, pay at the roadside slot machine lo.

Some can use cc to pay one. If roadside I think mostly is cash.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless u r driving motor home or big camper but If u r driving normal car, u can have free parking at park Street or the garden beside at Queenstown. It is a very leisurely 10 mins walk.

For Christchurch. Most shopping malls and supermarket also offer 2 to 4 hours free parking.

angy

Reaction score
Most larger cities are not free. You have to pay for it. Auckland, Wellington are the most expensive.

If you are driving a campervan, you could struggle to park on the roadside carpark. You pay by coins for the carpark unless you goto multi storey car parks where it is like Singapore.

If you want free parking, park at shopping malls. However, if you hire a big campervan, you will struggle to find a park for the vehicle.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh.. they have a machine there at the carpark. U can pay at the machine. They have Wilson there too.

For roadside parking, pay at the roadside slot machine lo.

Some can use cc to pay one. If roadside I think mostly is cash.

Unless u r driving motor home or big camper but If u r driving normal car, u can have free parking at park Street or the garden beside at Queenstown. It is a very leisurely 10 mins walk.

For Christchurch. Most shopping malls and supermarket also offer 2 to 4 hours free parking.
Most larger cities are not free. You have to pay for it. Auckland, Wellington are the most expensive.

If you are driving a campervan, you could struggle to park on the roadside carpark. You pay by coins for the carpark unless you goto multi storey car parks where it is like Singapore.

If you want free parking, park at shopping malls. However, if you hire a big campervan, you will struggle to find a park for the vehicle.
Thanks guys!

Sent from me using GAGT

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
This is levied on those visa waivered countries and yes, it affects us.

now they follow australia liao. everyone must apply eta or visa so that they can earn money.

Now NZ no longer chop passport right?

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you all get your rental from? Thanks!

Sent from me using GAGT

lurker88

Reaction score
The best recommendation is gg thru all pages. That's how I derived my itinerary

nyleve

Reaction score
Booked a campervan for 10 days on South Island in Jan 2020. Is anyone able to advise if we should book the campsites in advance? Will require powered sites for our campervan. Thanks!

angy

Reaction score
Booked a campervan for 10 days on South Island in Jan 2020. Is anyone able to advise if we should book the campsites in advance? Will require powered sites for our campervan. Thanks!

January is the peak period for all camping sites and most of them are usually fully booked. if you goto NZ after the 15 January, you will be safe as the school re-opens. If not, I recommend you start booking the right campsites now. The popular ones will be booked very quickly. Most campsites will provide power for your campervans.

nyleve

Reaction score
January is the peak period for all camping sites and most of them are usually fully booked. if you goto NZ after the 15 January, you will be safe as the school re-opens. If not, I recommend you start booking the right campsites now. The popular ones will be booked very quickly. Most campsites will provide power for your campervans.

Thanks Angy for your advise! Our travel period will be from 8th to 17th Jan. We did read that it will be peak period in January but we weren’t sure if we wanted to book because we might want to try stopping over at free campsites in between and not want the booking to go to waste. But seems like booking will be a better choice. Thanks again!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.