The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waiting for cheap b550 mobo :(

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5010
Got to wait another quarter or so, right?

Can consider HyperX Fury. I was able to take mine from 2667Mhz to 3333MHz @ CL16, 1.35V.
Best is to check with Taiphoon Burner for the actual RAM chips used, Kingston only assembles them.

I am just wondering if I am only using 3000mhz ram it the difference be a lot compare to 3200mhz.
Hmm, hope I can find time to test it out.

Exact same thing I ordered on Prime Day x 2 sets.

finally someone started a thread
Yeah, think it's about time too.

Zen2 deserves its own thread for being so radically improved.

Intel must be in crisis mode nowadays but it still has its own die hard supporters who think the world of its 14nm+++ thermal greased exploits+++ afflicted chips though. :s22:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
cos im seeing people reposting the same thing over and over again :s22:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos im seeing people reposting the same thing over and over again :s22:
Bigger forums are like that mah.

Wanted to wait for grey/red of the same stick to stock up.
but my casing doesnt have window, and this colour is 10 bucks cheaper. :s13:
imo, white is nicer than the other colours. Grey is too drab while red is too garish. Besides, white reflects better any other RGB LED colours one uses too.

Grabbed another white Corsair pair from Amazon flash sales last night too.

Personally, I am for total silence, darkness and stealth though.

The most amazing feature of RYZEN 3000 - Power Saving (and some CCX OC)

* Remember to grab the Asus CCX OC Tool Easter egg while you are there watching der8auer.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aorus master looks good between top end and fair prices here. More interesting than Asus WS. Targetting that hope got NDP vouchers. :s13:

Any one review gigabyte for us? How is their bios and rma support now?

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is 3700X and B450 board a good combination?

Posted from PCWX using Jedi mind trick.

moonSymph

Reaction score
I'm using 3700x and msi b450 mortar titanium.. so far so good.. except bios is kind of buggy right now.. that can be said for other board as well..

Is 3700X and B450
board a good combination?

Posted from PCWX using Jedi mind trick.

Pepperisk

Reaction score
Bought the 3600. Pairing it with my old motherboard ( B350 tomahawk ) and so far it runs. Having some issues with video playback though. If I put the computer to sleep, then turn back on, can't play any videos on any browser. Youtube/twitch etc will load the picture but the video won't play. Restarting the computer will fix it. No clue why.

Also waiting for the ballistix ram to test. Hope it works out well.

curryloti

Reaction score

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Nice job in o'cing these! :)

Thanks. It's possible to do better I think if you want to try up to 1.40V, but I felt scared to try.

Also I believe these RAMs are not expensive.

Edit: Actually I just found old record showing I did push these to 1.43V (forgot I tried) and achieved 3400 CL14.

Last edited:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the 3600. Pairing it with my old motherboard ( B350 tomahawk ) and so far it runs. Having some issues with video playback though. If I put the computer to sleep, then turn back on, can't play any videos on any browser. Youtube/twitch etc will load the picture but the video won't play. Restarting the computer will fix it. No clue why.

updated your bios?

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score

Take note this is a beta BIOS and there are still some bugs give msi some more time to roll out the official version lah

Pepperisk

Reaction score
No updates to the beta bios yet. Still at version 7A34v1OM(Beta version). Now also got issue when navigating the bios menu, very slow. Gonna reset the cmos after work and see if it helps

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.