Wireless IP Camera thread

Hot2002

Reaction score
Dean is definitely providing good support! He even helped me at 11pm. Unlike another China brand where I can only email to their Support

Before anyone flame me, I am not sineoji staff

One of my cam is just out of warranty and failed. Looking at pt816v. Sineoji now has a new apps, however it seems that it doesn’t not support the older cam. I need to use 2 different sineoji apps now ? Not cool.........

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dean is definitely providing good support! He even helped me at 11pm. Unlike another China brand where I can only email to their Support

Sorry to burst your bubble.

For the price you paid, you ought to have the 24 hours support. So make use of Dean more often. The last time Dean contacted you was last year. :p

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/113763791-post5005.html

I used 2 different Foscam cameras for 5-6 years. I don't even need to call a support.

Hot2002

Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble.

For the price you paid, you ought to have the 24 hours support. So make use of Dean more often. The last time Dean contacted you was last year. :p

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/113763791-post5005.html

I used 2 different Foscam cameras for 5-6 years. I don't even need to call a support.

Bro, that was for configuration issue which was sorted out more than a year ago. Not because the product is faulty.

Yes, now I do have a faulty sineoji. the infra-red LED is dim. night vision not working properly. but it's out of warranty. can't be helped.......

A $30 IP cam without pan/ tilt capabilities is a show stopper to me. To each his choice. Peace

Last edited:

Hot2002

Reaction score
It seems like a HW issue.

So what did Dean do on the phone?

sorry if my previous post is misleading. I have edited my post

my issue with sineoji IP CAM last year is due to configuration issues which Dean assisted remotely. really appreciate his help

for pan/tilt, I am referring to the $30 IP cam. it may be cheap but not useful when it cannot pan/tilt. just my personal opinion ........

the issue with my sineoji IP cam now is that the infra-red LED is dim, night vision not working properly. it's a hardware issue. but it's out of warranty so it's not right for me to ask for repair/ replacement

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13: they should sponsor this thread hahha

Becareful readers.

Dave27= earthlink = sgnimo are all Sineoji staffs.

Just check their historical posts. All of them are only posting in the same thread for the last few years.

In every post, there will always be some positive reviews or praises about Sineoji cameras only.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u all know the grab shoes thief?? wonder what camera the house owner used.
so small tht install inbetween the gate and door

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u all know the grab shoes thief?? wonder what camera the house owner used.
so small tht install inbetween the gate and door

You can just search for pinhole cameras.

https://shopee.sg/search?category=11&keyword=pinhole camera&subcategory=10249

I think can also make use of an old smartphone.

But still preventive is the best.

I put my running or expensive shoes in between the main gate and main door.

You can buy a long and tall shoe rack that can fit in between. Can build up to 10 levels.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those interested to get the Wyze Cam Pan, I recommend you to just buy from Carousell. Someone is selling brand new for $70.

Lazada is selling for $80+. At least, you have 3 months warranty I think.

The one I am buying through ezbuy is a bit slow and costs add up to under $70. More expensive if inclusive of agent fee and home delivery.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Wyze Cam Pan camera this morning.

For those who are interested, here is a breakdown of my total damage bought from ezbuy.

Item(s) Subtotal S$59.34
Agent Fee S$5.07
Shipping Fee S$3.99
Agent Fee Discount S$-5.07
Order Subtotal S$63.33

Ordered on 27/Jun
Received on 19/Jul

There was some delay because of my fault in putting an incorrect price. Must pay for local delivery charge apart from the cost of camera. Also, there was a holiday on 4/Jul.

Camera setup was really so simple and quick. I think I setup less than 10 minutes.

You don't need to do any port forwarding or setup any DDNS like my previous Foscam cameras.

You don't even need to contact Dean in the middle of the night.

Setup with TinyCamMonitor is also very simple.

Motion sensitivity is much better than my previous Foscam. The camera can pan and tilt very fast.

Free 14 days cloud storage. Videos are stored safely in Amazon web server. A server which you can trust.

2 way audio is very clear.

The only thing I miss is the optical zoom.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
got sample image to see how gd the quality is?

I just installed my Wyze Cam Pan camera this morning.

For those who are interested, here is a breakdown of my total damage bought from ezbuy.

Item(s) Subtotal S$59.34
Agent Fee S$5.07
Shipping Fee S$3.99
Agent Fee Discount S$-5.07
Order Subtotal S$63.33

Ordered on 27/Jun
Received on 19/Jul

There was some delay because of my fault in putting an incorrect price. Must pay for local delivery charge apart from the cost of camera. Also, there was a holiday on 4/Jul.

Camera setup was really so simple and quick. I think I setup less than 10 minutes.

You don't need to do any port forwarding or setup any DDNS like my previous Foscam cameras.

You don't even need to contact Dean in the middle of the night.

Setup with TinyCamMonitor is also very simple.

Motion sensitivity is much better than my previous Foscam. The camera can pan and tilt very fast.

Free 14 days cloud storage. Videos are stored safely in Amazon web server. A server which you can trust.

2 way audio is very clear.

The only thing I miss is the optical zoom.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got sample image to see how gd the quality is?

I think pictures you can just review from online.

I don't want exposing my location.

The other thing, the night vision is not as powerful as my previous Foscam.

For $63 price tag, I don't expect much.

ksksksks

Reaction score
I have the Wyze cam pan as well.
It is good and cheap. They work with Google assistant - easy viewing on Chromecast and home hub.

They just introduced AI tech into the camera which would mean smarter detection - lesser notifications.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.