The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I am off today! Will help you check what are the available Brand’s able to make tmr when I am back.

Hi GANGSTERKIA

With regard to transition lens, can i make if based on below deg?

14.74 -2.00 180
14.00 -2.25 165

Got 1 shop said essxxxxxx unable to make as too high haha

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA

14.74 -2.00 180
14.00 -2.25 165

possible but you must use 1.74 ess rx range which is their thinnest available.
after done go back and inform them that it can be done :s13:

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Went to taeng but he doesn't carry kodak total blue. ☹️
Am looking at shamir also. Mostly for home use i spend a lot on phone laptop and tv. At least 5 to 10hrs a day.
Gt quotes can PM me?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to taeng but he doesn't carry kodak total blue. ☹️
Am looking at shamir also. Mostly for home use i spend a lot on phone laptop and tv. At least 5 to 10hrs a day.
Gt quotes can PM me?
for those perfect eyesight, do they wear glasses to protect blue light etc?!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
User gardens got it right! Can be done. Price range about 650! With transitions. Maybe that shop staff is supporting other Brand’s. But from what I know, among big Brands, essilor can but hoya zeiss cannot!

Hi GANGSTERKIA

14.74 -2.00 180
14.00 -2.25 165

dannyphone

Reaction score
User gardens got it right! Can be done. Price range about 650! With transitions. Maybe that shop staff is supporting other Brand’s. But from what I know, among big Brands, essilor can but hoya zeiss cannot!

They also have hi top brand.
Ok will go look for other optical shop.

Thank for the advise

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Ok so far no much diff between kodak uv blue and crizal prevencia. But prevencia doesn't block sun glare as well as uv blue. Hmm

Reaction score
Was quoted ZEISS 3D light progressive for 1.67 at $788. Is it an ok lens

Zeiss has pretty good lens material, but 3D light progressive design is very basic. For that price, you could get similar material with much better progressive design (Less side distortion, less wavy effect, easier adaptability)

Reaction score
I've come up with some drawings to let more bros better understand what is UV/ Blue Block/ Blue Filter

Light Spectrum (Left side of chart being most harmful to humans):

Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated:s13:

Ok so far no much diff between kodak uv blue and crizal prevencia. But prevencia doesn't block sun glare as well as uv blue. Hmm

Prevencia is Blue block, Kodak UVblue is Blue filter

both are similar but not the same :s13:

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
It should be classified as blue reflect or blue absorb. Both also filters blue light to a certain amount.
Nikon seecoat blue is a blue reflect.
MoGdjDq.jpg

Nikon seecoat blue is block or filter?

Posted from PCWX using Valar Morghulis 挖了磨菇必死

victorhee

Reaction score
Digital vs Progressive

Hi all,

I have read that Digital Lenses may be a better option than Progressive Lenses for people who are new to Presbyopia. Can the experts share the pros and cons of Digital, and possibly the price difference?

I am approximate:
Myopia 4.00
Astig 2.00
Presbyopia 1.50
each side

Never wore Progressive before.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read that Digital Lenses may be a better option than Progressive Lenses for people who are new to Presbyopia. Can the experts share the pros and cons of Digital, and possibly the price difference?

I am approximate:
Myopia 4.00
Astig 2.00
Presbyopia 1.50
each side

Thank you.

Hi bro!

Digital lenses are generally recommended to people with Presbyopia of +1.00Ds or less & progressive lenses for those with >+1.25Ds.

A pair of basic 1.50 index progressive lenses starts from $180 onwards (Depending on the brand you choose).
Depending on your needs/daily activities, you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)

:)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Your reading addition/presbyopia is already over the limit for digital lenses which is 1.25(from what I know).
It is better as there is lesser distortion as compared to a progressive so it helps you to adapt to the new way of reading/looking far/walking easier before you actually transit to a progressive.

Hi all,

I am approximate:
Myopia 4.00
Astig 2.00
Presbyopia 1.50
each side

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.