Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

longdi

Reaction score
Some people say yes. For me it is a no because the depth of my right ear is shallow, so I am unable to insert it more than what is necessary for the bud to keep still even when walking. It's not like as if the bud will drop out, it will not. It moves with the motion of walking to jogging i.e. up and down and I can feel it.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

twinraven

Reaction score
I have noticed that my blue leds continue to flash despite having switched auto-off off. Anyone experienced the same?

fongwk8

Reaction score
Oh. Didn't realise that's how it works.

BTW, I feel like the treble of these are far too harsh. The high range seems to be quite a mess.

The flashing blue LEDs before you put them on shows you that the earbuds are searching for a device to connect.

twinraven

Reaction score
Righto. I realise mine is stuck in sbc. Tried to change android bluetooth default code, but that didn't work. Any ideas on this?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. Didn't realise that's how it works.

BTW, I feel like the treble of these are far too harsh. The high range seems to be quite a mess.
Yup, it uses the proximity sensor to detect. You can try to eq down the right few bars in the equalizer to lower the treble energy.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Righto. I realise mine is stuck in sbc. Tried to change android bluetooth default code, but that didn't work. Any ideas on this?
Try changing to Priority on Sound Quality in the app. This uses AAC. The default is Priority on Stable Connection which uses SBC.

twinraven

Reaction score
Try changing to Priority on Sound Quality in the app. This uses AAC. The default is Priority on Stable Connection which uses SBC.

Thanks! will try this. Priortizing sound quality on my app doesnt switch it to aac though. Have tried to repair and stuff, but always goes back to sbc.

Shadow79

Reaction score
Challenger Jurong Point has a few units going for $299 as well. Saw a couple of black and gold units.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$299 is really a good buy. Still amazed by the sound.

Shadow79

Reaction score
A quick question, is there quick device switching like Apple AirPods. I have an China TWS, I must manually disconnect the set from phone before I can connect from my iPad and vice versa. AirPods just need to go into the BT menu and click on the device and the connection will switch.

marxace

Reaction score
went to best denki clementi. only left 2 sets of white/gold ones.
went over to challenger clementi. no discount except for valueclub members. also only left 2 sets of white/gold ones.

coldkey

Reaction score
A quick question, is there quick device switching like Apple AirPods. I have an China TWS, I must manually disconnect the set from phone before I can connect from my iPad and vice versa. AirPods just need to go into the BT menu and click on the device and the connection will switch.

Details on Bluetooth pairing and switch devices

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0002289879.html

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0002289880.html

Xanthyon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought i'd share some good news! I got mine at Best Denki Clementi for $299. Not sure how long the promo will last but definitely must go! When i bought it on Thursday, still got stock for black and silver! GO GO GO!

Meanwhile, anyone have any idea if any comply's will go with these? mind telling me which too? CHEERS! :)

how to get this at $299 promo price? any T&C?

Xanthyon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to best denki clementi. only left 2 sets of white/gold ones.
went over to challenger clementi. no discount except for valueclub members. also only left 2 sets of white/gold ones.

was the price still $299 when u were there?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.