where should i place my ceiling speakers?

krazyguy08

Reaction score
understand that due to my low post count, i am unable to attach any layout of my current living room.

I am going to move into a resale 5rm and going to bring over my existing 5.1.2 system over. My living room is squarish with beam blockage, dimension from end to end is about 5.5m (Length) x 4m (width), excluding both dining area and walkway.

TV consol is around 8ft with 2 standing speakers and 1 cntr speaker. I am planning to wall mount my surround bookshelves speakers onto the top beam (At each corner) which the sofa will be placed slightly infront of the beam.

would like to seek expert's advice where should i place my 2 ceiling speakers for atmos effect?

Option A - Should i place on top of my standing speakers, incorporate into the false ceiling?

Option B - Should i place ontop the sofa, incorporate into the false ceiling? Only concern is that it may be too near the surround speakers and the sound quality may be affected?

Appreciate all advise.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Option B. I did my Hdb renovation and added speakers above the sofa for the TOP speakers. Wire six termination points for full Atmos surround effect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.