Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the reasons why so many fans hate Young are pretty obvious.

1. Inconsistent performances
2. He is in decline but refuse to give up his spot therefore costing United points
3. Even though he has "experience" he is a lousy captain
4. makes many mistakes himself but turns around and blame his teammates instead
5. Can't defend, can't attack. Once in a blue moon then launch a decent cross

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think its unfair to use the expression 'he refuse to give up his spot'
United been getting RB or LB but none have been able to keep fit or play well to replace Young, hence the manager is forced to continue playing him, or players like Jones Smalling

i mean, what you gonna do as a mgr if the new signings haven't adjust and results are bad? keep playing them just to keep Young out?
what do you expect Young do when manager picks him? "hey boss, im shiatty, please pick someone else, im just gonna be here collecting my wages"

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Precisely, so there's some legit reasons after all why he get to stay in his spots for so long. And he's the one that somehow managed to fit in for now, and not the one thay say he wants to look for new challenge. Not the one that somehow get to scored for the national team but cant fit into man u. Not the one that transfer. And the one still active in the team for now. So i say give him some credits...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda obvious we don't have much choices there. People who are asking for DiogoD to be played at right back will definitely be lamenting his lack of pace and possibly stamina too once they see him more often. If it's obvious to me, it's more than obvious to the trainers and to Ole. Questions should be asked of the recruitment and to the young players on why they couldn't displace a 33 year old. For a 33 year old (last season), it's already quite a feat to be able to keep going for 90 mins.

So are we going to rewind 10 years and say it was PaulS fault for coming out of retirement and costing PaulP a starting spot? Or are we going to call SAF senile for doing that?

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lets hope AWB can continue his good form and Luke Shaw stays injury free for the upcoming season so we dont need to see Young play!

If Man Utd wants to play at a fast pace AWB, Daniel James & a few young players promoted from the academy to be in the 1st team. You need to play fast counter attacks to surprise some teams & score some goals.

Sell Lukaku. Move Martial & Sanchez to partner Rashford as strikers. Daniel James as left or right winger, Tahith Chong as left winger & Mason Greenwood as right winger.

Pogba seems to play better when Man Utd played at a fast pace.

Last edited:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United's Tahith Chong and Diogo Dalot plus Man City's Phil Foden nominated for Golden Boy award

Two Manchester United players, plus Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden, have been shortlisted for the Golden Boy award.

The prestigious award is given to the best young player in Europe - and is currently held by new Juventus signing Matthijs de Ligt.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ootball-news/man-utd-city-golden-boy-16604937

Existentialist_18

Reaction score
Really, young is with man u for so long. If he can perserve to perform consistently despite all the sarcasm and tuanting during this tough period, i would give him the credits to be deserving of his positions in man u:)

Yeaa, Young used to be super good. Like Valencia, both have aged and performance hasn't been as consistent since. Maybe the team surrounding them is also a factor. Last time we had Rooney, Carrick, Ronaldo, Giggs around to support the flow...

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't give the young players games in the 1st team they will leave. There are several good young players in the youth team. Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes & James Garner.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really, young is with man u for so long. If he can perserve to perform consistently despite all the sarcasm and tuanting during this tough period, i would give him the credits to be deserving of his positions in man u:)

consistent is very hard to define haha. he's done well as a make shift rb .... what we really need is a proper rb.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Young: Where is the ball, where is the ball, GIVE ME THE BALL LA, GIVE ME.

Received the ball, BO BO SHOOT THE BALL.

Then hands up in the air.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
consistent is very hard to define haha. he's done well as a make shift rb .... what we really need is a proper rb.

I agree with you. Hard to define. Gary is no Alves is no Kyle Walker but they are all good in their own ways.

Young n Herrera stopped many. Without Herrera now, Young need to reinvent himself, but I feel AWB owns Young already.

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OGS say will let the young players play, i dun think the academy kids might get a chance...

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda obvious we don't have much choices there. People who are asking for DiogoD to be played at right back will definitely be lamenting his lack of pace and possibly stamina too once they see him more often. If it's obvious to me, it's more than obvious to the trainers and to Ole. Questions should be asked of the recruitment and to the young players on why they couldn't displace a 33 year old. For a 33 year old (last season), it's already quite a feat to be able to keep going for 90 mins.

So are we going to rewind 10 years and say it was PaulS fault for coming out of retirement and costing PaulP a starting spot? Or are we going to call SAF senile for doing that?

A feat to play badly for 90mins is really no mean feat... think anyone out there can play badly for 120mins easily..

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yayyyy got my passes to watch United train later

I’m an excited man!

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is the ball, where is the ball, GIVE ME THE BALL LA, GIVE ME.

Received the ball, BO BO SHOOT THE BALL.

Then hands up in the air.
For a second, my heart really "ouch" for him when i read this
It must feel horrible trying to prove yourself but end up...

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a second, my heart really "ouch" for him when i read this
It must feel horrible trying to prove yourself but end up...

ok la not bad la him when he was at his peak and playing in an attacking role. Always remembered 2 of his curler against arsenal. maybe thats why he cannot cross, used to take shots instead. lol. Sadly, just because his work rate is higher than average, he got tasked to play in defence and slowly became a defender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSMH5eaPsDg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.