Mac desktop

THEMIKOS

Reaction score
Good day forummers,

Am quite confused about what imac will be suitable for me. Can someone pls recommend?

I an considering between:
1) imac 21.5" $1599
2) imac 21.5" retina 4k $1899
3) imac 27" retina 5k $2599

I am a non gamer user. For now i would want to just use the com do work like excel, microsoft word, surf net, store pics and watch videos/netflix etc.
In future i would like to go into video editing etc as i will be getting the pro apps bundle thats avail at apple.

Which mac would be a good fit considering that money is not an issue and i would like to have a good mac that would do whatever jobs i quoted as above.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
It quite obvious that if money isn't a problem, you should get the best one.

27" Retina > 21.5" Retina > 21.5" non-Retina.

Video editing? The answer is even more the above.

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
If getting the 27-inch then you might as well upgrade to an SSD. Fusion drive will cripple the machine.

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The same also applies to the 21 inch model. SSDs are a must now. Apple recently lowered the price of their 1TB SSDs for iMacs.

If getting the 27-inch then you might as well upgrade to an SSD. Fusion drive will cripple the machine.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best is replace fusion w SSD. Never mind if its lower capacity, its just for OS & apps anyway. Pics, vids, etc can store on USB HDD which are dirt cheap now.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course... :s12:

Most of the major free software like dropbox, google drive, onedrive, vlc media player, ccleaner, etc are available on mac.

Thanks Man! Now thinking of which one to get... basic 570 configuration or higher spec one... tough choice

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.