[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the aquarium before going to sleep and saw a small fish swimming about! Quickly transfer it to a small tank before it got eaten up.

Funny thing is I found it in the tank where the females only spent like 3 hrs in before I segregate them again. Must have dropped a few then but I didn't see them.

5qjLBAe.jpg

Posted from PCWX using ALP-L29

Pssst....it will grow into a shark. :D

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
I was looking at the aquarium before going to sleep and saw a small fish swimming about! Quickly transfer it to a small tank before it got eaten up.

Funny thing is I found it in the tank where the females only spent like 3 hrs in before I segregate them again. Must have dropped a few then but I didn't see them.

5qjLBAe.jpg

get a breeding box if you see the female about to give birth.

iamnagel

Reaction score
I'm buying stuff from taobao.

Is the black sponge usually used in filters called 生化棉?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

生化棉 is used to grown BB. normally it comes in black but there is blue color as well.
other colors I don't know liao.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either 生化棉 or 过滤棉 . also can la.

go different hole size one.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

活性炭 stands for activated carbon. Of course you can add the Mian behind. Once you find the product, you further define things by mm which is thickness. How much to buy by metre.

活性炭除甲醛过滤网棉 工业废气/空气过滤净化器聚氨酯活性炭海绵

This is full title...<: )
Depending on the use, Aircon can use it. The holes, finer holes makes water harder to filter so take note.

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw u can look at 信友 brand stuff

Their filter wool pretty good

Last edited:

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, placed my order for breeder tank, foam, etc already

It will be easier to just go market LFS to get the $1-2 foam, comes in 3-4 pieces depending on thickness. Thereafter you can use re-size them to your needs.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The agony is that the more "longkang" looking guppies seem to be more hardy... :s22: I mean those reddish or look messy type.

I see the markets' LFS, they usually have a tank full of males and another tank full of females separately . Its so packed, do they actually start fighting each other??? Btw, curious though. Wont it be more profitable for the LFS if they breed the more fancy looking guppies? They sell at $0.80 - $1.20 to sucker like me, quite profitable bah. :s13:

That is true. Beauty is skin deep, “longkang” is longevity.

Once a saw a LFS selling a guppy for $25 a piece. It will be an agony if it died.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, if abit of things no point
I have ezbuy prime to cater for all the pets stuff 😂. Every month one order

Like filter wool I use 2 pack every 3 weeks , pee pad 1 pack every 2 weeks and other supplement and consumables

So every month order once

It will be easier to just go market LFS to get the $1-2 foam, comes in 3-4 pieces depending on thickness. Thereafter you can use re-size them to your needs.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian, 4 out of the newly bought 7 females died. Just this evening one male died. It doesn't look crowded leh. Is the bio issue?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Sian, fifth up lorry this morning. The black one. Really don't know what's wrong. I am not sure if I should add more females in liao... :'(

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Sian, fifth up lorry this morning. The black one. Really don't know what's wrong. I am not sure if I should add more females in liao... :'(

U keep them for how long before start dying 1 by 1?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U keep them for how long before start dying 1 by 1?
These seven ladies are quite new. Some died with a few days, the deaths all within about a week. But the existing guppies all seem healthy, so I can't understand what may be causing the problem...

iamnagel

Reaction score
Yes, if abit of things no point
I have ezbuy prime to cater for all the pets stuff 😂. Every month one order

Like filter wool I use 2 pack every 3 weeks , pee pad 1 pack every 2 weeks and other supplement and consumables

So every month order once

I share sea shipping with a group of people. So shipping is very cheap. 60*60*60cm (0.20cbm) roughly only about $16.40

Don't even need to hit minimum cbm for each individual. As long as everyone combine more than 1 cbm, we ship out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.