Apple Smart Keyboard Folio Case Issue

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those who uses Apple smart keyboard folio case, do u all have issue with its edge splitting?
Mine is 11" model and the edges along left keyboard of the folio case is splitting/opening up. Looks like the adhesive is giving up. Got it on 17 Nov less than 1 month only. Folio case under warranty? Wonder is this cover under warranty. Tried my best to take pictures but pictures still blur.

Dp9jki0.jpg

qsL1rW9.jpg

iIC9Rlk.jpg

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Go to Apple and replace. There is a short duration for accessories warranties

RT_3135

Reaction score
Contact Apple using apple chat. They will ask for the serial number and check if its under warranty. Send them a pic of the damage as well. Recently i did that for my apple pencil 2 issue.

I dropped the pencil afew times and the tip was damaged. Now i see your case i am quite worried if this batch of apple accessories is poorly made. Hope not. I bought the keyboard case as well.

Last edited:

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Contact Apple using apple chat. They will ask for the serial number and check if its under warranty. Send them a pic of the damage as well. Recently i did that for my apple pencil 2 issue.

I dropped the pencil afew times and the tip was damaged. Now i see your case i am quite worried if this batch of apple accessories is poorly made. Hope not. I bought the keyboard case as well.

Already used apple chat to inform them of the issue. However the CSO i chat with are not able to say is it exchangeable or must sent in for repair... Also he is not able to book an appointment slot for Apple orchard(i choose this) due to full. He advise me to bring the invoice and case down to apple store and see what they can do. Got case ID log for this.

Seems like no resolution..

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
But i bought it at best denki as apple store no stock. Anyway are there warranty for folio keyboard?

Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”)

Go Apple Store bring the receipt along.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already used apple chat to inform them of the issue. However the CSO i chat with are not able to say is it exchangeable or must sent in for repair... Also he is not able to book an appointment slot for Apple orchard(i choose this) due to full. He advise me to bring the invoice and case down to apple store and see what they can do. Got case ID log for this.

Seems like no resolution..

I don’t see any issue with Apple offering a replacement or refund for you. Don’t have to worry too much. Your case is just a one off.

maomao82

Reaction score
any alternative to the Apple Slim Folio? at a more affordable price?

WOuld not prefer those suing bluetooth, as scared to drained the ipad battery

Been 2 years since the product released..but still $250 for it..

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any alternative to the Apple Slim Folio? at a more affordable price?

WOuld not prefer those suing bluetooth, as scared to drained the ipad battery

Been 2 years since the product released..but still $250 for it..

You mean the 10.5" pro right? You can get the Apple Smart Keyboard here

https://vipoutlet.com/product/apple-mptl2lla-smart-keyboard-for-10-5-ipad-pro/

2 years means the 10.5” Pro. I’ve been using Logitech’s Slim Combo (using smart connector). Yes it may not be as slim as it is but I absolutely love it! Just got my second one two days back as my first one the Apple Pencil holder loop became loose over time and the Pencil tends to slip out when held vertically.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Any recommendation for Ipad air 2 keyboard as current covers is aging and would like to grasp a cheaper version.. :)

Just worry the iPad battery will drain more with keyboard cover ?

Mortgage Advisor

Reaction score
2 years means the 10.5” Pro. I’ve been using Logitech’s Slim Combo (using smart connector). Yes it may not be as slim as it is but I absolutely love it! Just got my second one two days back as my first one the Apple Pencil holder loop became loose over time and the Pencil tends to slip out when held vertically.
thanks this is very informative

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.