New EC at Sumang Walk

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If punggol is not a better location, there wont be so many families moving there. Safra is already plus point but not sure why many like safra. haha.

Tampines EC can jack up the price but then again, buyers will start to compare again. It also not near the mrt. Q bay residences is near TP which i quite like it when i was there.

Tampines EC plot is near tapestry if I’m correct. I think the price paid by developer is also more expensive than the tapestry land bid. But as an EC prices will surely be cheaper.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Gaga buy EC.

One Pearl Bank had done so well.

That one if you want to buy, have to wait for star buy. 2.2k psf is no joke. If you drive, i think tio ERP. Dont always be the first to jump in.

Those who first bought sentosa cove, now suffer huge losses.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Tampines EC plot is near tapestry if I’m correct. I think the price paid by developer is also more expensive than the tapestry land bid. But as an EC prices will surely be cheaper.

Tapestry condo psf of $565.42

Tampines New EC PSF 578

sukidexun

Reaction score
Is that the land bid price? Really don’t understand what the ec developers are thinking. That they can squeeze all the irrational buyers dry?

I wish its the selling price also wor. We are talking about external n not internal. You also have to see what is given n how they do the finishing.

Some ali baba one anyhow do then really curse n swear liao.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
If punggol is not a better location, there wont be so many families moving there. Safra is already plus point but not sure why many like safra. haha.

Tampines EC can jack up the price but then again, buyers will start to compare again. It also not near the mrt. Q bay residences is near TP which i quite like it when i was there.

Families move there because it is CHEAP. That is the main reason. Check out the demographics of punggol and you will understand better. Probably almost impossible to find CEOs in punggol outside the cluster of landed properties.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Families move there because it is CHEAP. That is the main reason. Check out the demographics of punggol and you will understand better. Probably almost impossible to find CEOs in punggol outside the cluster of landed properties.

I am not sure why u mention its cheap. The hdb price is comparable to some of the ones in central. Maybe 10 years ago, you can say its cheap. Currently Some 5 rooms hdb cost more than 600k.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure why u mention its cheap. The hdb price is comparable to some of the ones in central. Maybe 10 years ago, you can say its cheap. Currently Some 5 rooms hdb cost more than 600k.

Because you said many families move there due to it’s better location. Not so sure about hdb pricing but condo pricing is cheapest there for north east region.

When kids grow up and want to enter good primary schools, JCs and local unis, you wouldn’t want to be staying there anymore. Maybe if their kids are less smart (still smart), they will be happy staying put in punggol.

PrataKosong

Reaction score
The BTO at Sumang Link that just reached MOP (opposite the Piermont Grand showflat) has 5 room units being sold at between 660k to 750k.

Once Waterway Terrace 1 & 2 reach MOP, I'm pretty sure their 5 room prices will be even higher.

Granted those HDB estates are much nearer Waterway Point and Punggol MRT as compared to Piermont Grand.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
The BTO at Sumang Link that just reached MOP (opposite the Piermont Grand showflat) has 5 room units being sold at between 660k to 750k.

Once Waterway Terrace 1 & 2 reach MOP, I'm pretty sure their 5 room prices will be even higher.

Granted those HDB estates are much nearer Waterway Point and Punggol MRT as compared to Piermont Grand.

Would be good if you can provide the name of the hdb project and transaction volume. Definite there are die hard punggol fans. I’d rather get a resale bishan if I were in their shoes. Human psychology sometimes is hard to understand.

sukidexun

Reaction score

Those bought years back heng lo. Smart move. There's many condos out there cheaper than punggol condo so no worries. Still can plan ahead n move out. Punggol prices gg up within the next few years for sure (how much idk ah).

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Those bought years back heng lo. Smart move. There's many condos out there cheaper than punggol condo so no worries. Still can plan ahead n move out. Punggol prices gg up within the next few years for sure (how much idk ah).

If many people think like you then sure up loh. Market is all about sentiments and speculations. The 2nd tier uni and business park will definitely make many excited. Looks like punggol will surpass bishan pricing then? :o

Nobody1122

Master Member
Reaction score
Will surpass Bishan or not
I don’t know

But I certainly won’t associate the word
‘CHEAP’ with Punggol lo

If many people think like you then sure up loh. Market is all about sentiments and speculations. The 2nd tier uni and business park will definitely make many excited. Looks like punggol will surpass bishan pricing then? :o

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Last weekend, nothing to do, so I went in take a look at 4 bedder best facing stack.
Not impress with the layout for the following reasons:
1) there’s one common bedroom only 7.1sqm nia, super small. However, masterbed room was spacious I must say. Other common bed rooms have size around 8.9sqm.
2) there’s a super small balcony in the master bed room, looks more like a planter than a decent size balcony. (I always like to have a decent size balcony in masterbed room. However, if it is too small like planter size, I rather not have it and prefer masterbed room w/o balcony instead)
3) got one common toilet very small, got a wall protruding, making the pangsai area very small. weird looking.
4) the estimate price they quote was high, 1.5x to 1.6 mil for the best stack 4 bedder for a 13xxsqft (facing waterway PCN and pool). But of cos, it’s just their estimation, not confirm yet.

On the contrary, 3 bedder of size 11xxsqft, looks better in terms of layout.

Overall, furnishing so so nia. After all, it’s an EC.

yeah, agree that the showflat model for the 4bdrms type are not so fantastic, they have other better 4bdrms layout, duno why they never feature the better ones ?? some don't have Junior Master, so the rest of the common room size is slightly bigger..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
You sure "SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol"? At least anchorvale now is a cluster of private condo unlike sumang which is surrounded by hdb.

I personally think there is an over-hype over the punggol masterplan. Half of it is the 2nd tier university which is the half closer to piermont. The other half is just a business / industrial park that is near the new punggol coast mrt, 1 mrt stop away from punggol mrt. Not as if there is going to be more recreational facilities or shopping malls...

different ppl have different thinking.. if you are surrounded by all the condos, next time when u wana exit, your potential buyer will see all the condos in your cluster and compare .. ultimately, your pricing will also be affected cos trying to 'compete' with the rest of the condo

surrounded by hdb - who will be your potential buyer of piermont in future ? those HDB upgraders that stays nearby you, whom are not eligible to buy during launch date ( those HDB surrounding Piermont haven't MOP yet as of now)..

Those who stay in Punggol will notice that we don't have this condo 'enclave' cluster.. all the condos are well scattered all over punggol.. so each will have its unique selling points.. ie those who wants near to Global Intl Sch, they will look at Flo / Waterwoods.. those who wants near Horizon Pri Sch, will look at Riverparc / River Isle.. etc..

Lets take the new anchorvale EC for example, yes, its surrounded mostly by condos, you have The Vales , Treasure Crest , Bellewater and new EC.. your future buyer for your EC wont be these guys.. in fact, there are your 'competitors' .. tis is just my thoughts, of course you will have to do your due diligence checks yourself…

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Definitely there are pros and cons for sumang and anchorvale. I would argue otherwise that being surrounded by HDBs will devalue your property.

Anchorvale also has the huge riverside park and sports centre just a short walk away. I am not sure what sumang has that makes it more family friendly? The waterway?

I am not interested in both projects so I am just offering my unbiased opinions.

yea la,both has its unique selling points.. Anchorvale EC got GH just right across , Sumang EC doesn't.. Sumang EC got PDD, Anchorvale doesn't.. bla bla.. so very difficult to say which is the better one.. ultimately, its depending on buyer's needs and preference.. those in Sengkang will stick back to Sengkang and vice versa.. like me, I would choose Punggol anytime over Sengkang cos used to Punggol le even though its just 'next door neighbour' .. and also cos my kids are studying in Punggol.. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.