New EC at Sumang Walk

sukidexun

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprise that some kpkb but yet take action quietly and buy Piermont.. so they have lesser 'competitors' on 27th … hahah.. just kidding..

I agree with you. Many ppl kpkb but in the end still buy. Not sure why. Always remember you buy with your own money and we are not talking about a few thousands dollars.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Tpy safra alot of ppl sia n its not becos of the swimming pool. There's still many things out there to do lo.

Some ppl think they punggol think its so cheap. If cheap why they dont buy themselves? Siao lang alot but remember to make your own judgment if you are planning to make a move.

I find safra punggol a lot of enrichment centers / dance studio and what-not for kids... trying to find a carpark lot on weekend is madness !!! probably those who frequents there is mostly cos of the kids

sukidexun

Reaction score
In that case, I probably shouldn't waste my time going to the balloting, moreover the 4 bedroom units price will probably be too expensive.

You have to ask yourself why are you looking at this ec?

Upgrading?
Investment?
near parents?
Near school?
near whatever there is?

If you are planning to sell within the 5 years, i would strongly suggest to hold on for more than 10 years or dont go for ec.. 5 years still can earn but not much.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I find safra punggol a lot of enrichment centers / dance studio and what-not for kids... trying to find a carpark lot on weekend is madness !!! probably those who frequents there is mostly cos of the kids

which is why many like to stay near safra esp if you dont stay in a condo. Get to have bonding time with your young ones.

I stay condo also nv go swimming lo. Its a waste if you take big units n pay more maintenance.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself why are you looking at this ec?

Upgrading?
Investment?
near parents?
Near school?
near whatever there is?

If you are planning to sell within the 5 years, i would strongly suggest to hold on for more than 10 years or dont go for ec.. 5 years still can earn but not much.

Thinking of upgrading to a bigger place and for investment too.

But compared with my flat, this EC is much further away from my kids' schools and me and wife's workplaces. Looks like this EC is not a good location for my family.

I should probably just keep my flat and not buy a new place. No condo means no debt which means I can retire much earlier.

dark heart

Reaction score
Last year rivercove residence ec only launch at 800+psf, 1 year only the approximate EC asking price is 1000+psf? EC price rise est 25percent in one year? Price increase likely resulted from increased land price from bidding.

The Punggol EC location quite far but confirm still will have buyers one. Utimately still boils down to individual needs.

Given a choice will go for Treasure condo at tampines, next most affordable after Punggol EC, no need wait 3 years to TOP and then no need to be tied down another 5 MOP years before i am free to consider selling.

Tampines nearer to city, temasek polytechnic(the food there) safra, 3 shopping malls, near to tekong if have son, near to airport(no absurb taxi fare if alight sg at owl timing), CGH hospital, tasty hawker food from experienced hawker, 85 bedok market, tampines HUB, Bedok Heartbeat.

Dont want to squeeze into punggol, nowadays so crowded.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading to a bigger place and for investment too.

But compared with my flat, this EC is much further away from my kids' schools and me and wife's workplaces. Looks like this EC is not a good location for my family.

I should probably just keep my flat and not buy a new place. No condo means no debt which means I can retire much earlier.

You can share your flat value n size so that agent can advise you further. Others also can if u have faith in anyone of them. Please do not trust those who keep saying punggol no good one. No point talking to those when they dont even know the stats n value in the current market of punggol.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Last year rivercove residence ec only launch at 800+psf, 1 year only the approximate EC asking price is 1000+psf? EC price rise est 25percent in one year? Price increase likely resulted from increased land price from bidding.

The Punggol EC location quite far but confirm still will have buyers one. Utimately still boils down to individual needs.

Given a choice will go for Treasure condo at tampines, next most affordable after Punggol EC, no need wait 3 years to TOP and then no need to be tied down another 5 MOP years before i am free to consider selling.

Tampines nearer to city, temasek polytechnic(the food there) safra, 3 shopping malls, near to tekong if have son, near to airport(no absurb taxi fare if alight sg at owl timing), CGH hospital, tasty hawker food from experienced hawker, 85 bedok market, tampines HUB, Bedok Heartbeat.

no la, last year Rivercove launching at average $900+psf and up, no have $800+ psf.. the smaller units oso hit $10xxpsf... looking back at this transactions for Rivercove, suddenly Sumang doesn't looks so ex afterall.. Location wise, Sumang is much better than Rivercove, and finishes also better ..

rivercove.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

rivercove2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

sukidexun

Reaction score

but i drive at tampines hor, i damn dulan one. traffic light all damn slow. If you buy a mega project like treasure, u need to share (more often) facilities with your neighbour. Want to book things also must months in advance. That's one thing you need to consider. One thing good. cheaper maintenance.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
but i drive at tampines hor, i damn dulan one. traffic light all damn slow. If you buy a mega project like treasure, u need to share (more often) facilities with your neighbour. Want to book things also must months in advance. That's one thing you need to consider. One thing good. cheaper maintenance.

Piermont maintenance oso very cheap !! 3bdrms = $264 and 4/5bdrms = $308 oni ! :s39:

dark heart

Reaction score
yeah i think most condos face this problem. Want to use facilities must book months in advance. Better than paying more maintenance fee and also must queue to use facilities.

dark heart

Reaction score

yeah i think most condos face this problem. Want to use facilities must book months in advance. Better than paying more maintenance fee and also must queue to use facilities.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Very few developers which won the highest land bids over the years have lost money in their projects.
It is mostly a matter of big/small profit.

Is that the land bid price? Really don’t understand what the ec developers are thinking. That they can squeeze all the irrational buyers dry?

sukidexun

Reaction score

Imagine if you want to have a swim or play with kids but realise that pool always full. Abit sian one also. If dont use their facilities then wasted. Some bbq still need to pay money + deposit. TMD.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

The issue is more prevalent for mass-market condos. The first-time condo owners are exceptionally keen to hold parties in the function rooms to show off their new "grand" residences. Condo = success = rich right? :s13:

dark heart

Reaction score
no la, last year Rivercove launching at average $900+psf and up, no have $800+ psf.. the smaller units oso hit $10xxpsf... looking back at this transactions for Rivercove, suddenly Sumang doesn't looks so ex afterall.. Location wise, Sumang is much better than Rivercove, and finishes also better ..

rivercove.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

rivercove2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last year when rivercove just launch i see the price only 8xx + psf. Cant find the records of the details like you. You property agent ah?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
You probably have not stayed in condo.
After the initial euphoria, most of the time you have to point a gun to force most residents to swim.

BbQ may be a bit more difficult at certain days mostly.

Imagine if you want to have a swim or play with kids but realise that pool always full. Abit sian one also. If dont use their facilities then wasted. Some bbq still need to pay money + deposit. TMD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.