New EC at Sumang Walk

sukidexun

Reaction score
You probably have not stayed in condo.
After the initial euphoria, most of the time you have to point a gun to force most residents to swim.

BbQ may be a bit more difficult at certain days mostly.

dont assume that i have not which i did for years. Thankfully that condo is manageable.

dark heart

Reaction score
You probably have not stayed in condo.
After the initial euphoria, most of the time you have to point a gun to force most residents to swim.

BbQ may be a bit more difficult at certain days mostly.

haha point a gun to force residents to swim

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Your condo residents must have maximised the facilities just because they pay for them.

The only popular facility is gym but alas, mostly those few only.

dont assume that i have not which i did for years. Thankfully that condo is manageable.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually everything is transparent and can be found online. Don’t have to be an agent to get data.
Download URA property market info and all the data is in there.

Here’s the data for Rivecove. Average is indeed in the 900psf range.
GkyEmYq.jpg

Last year when rivercove just launch i see the price only 8xx + psf. Cant find the records of the details like you. You property agent ah?

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on data, lowest PSF for rivercove is $900.
MXhIw3H.jpg

Maybe u saw price starts from $8xxk
Rc366W3.jpg

Last year when rivercove just launch i see the price only 8xx + psf. Cant find the records of the details like you. You property agent ah?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Dun have $800+ psf leh.. i purposely get the first phase launching price.. cant see any 800+psf.. all is 9xxpsf and up.. yes, i am a property agent.. the data can be found online too, just tat oni agents with subscriptions can have the units numbers ..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
99.co Super transparent too. Unit number all showcase.

Nope, I didn’t pay for any fees.

99.co has helped me and my friends a lot in finding resale and bargaining since we can know how much the owner bought the unit for.

3X5C4sQ.jpg

Last edited:

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
More bad news about the economy today, retrenchments will continue increasing and job vacancies will continue declining. PMETs accounted for 70% of the retrenched citizens and PRs.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/gdp-growth-slow-singapore-jobs-market-11740674

What Singapore’s slowing GDP growth means for the jobs market

22 July 2019

SINGAPORE: As Singapore’s outlook darkens with growth cooling to levels last seen a decade ago, there could be more retrenchments and fewer job vacancies ahead, said economists.

The job losses will likely come from outward-oriented sectors, which have been hit by a protracted trade spat between the United States and China.

Already for the first quarter, data from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) showed an increase in retrenchments – from 2,510 in the previous quarter to 3,230 – on the back of a near three-fold jump in job losses in the manufacturing sector.

The economy grew 1.1 per cent year-on-year during the first quarter but amid falling factory activity and exports, growth in the second quarter slowed sharply to a decade-low 0.1 per cent on a year-on-year basis based on recent flash estimates.

DBS senior economist Irvin Seah said it is “pretty clear that the outlook for the labour market isn’t going to be great” given the “drastic” growth slowdown. “You can only expect retrenchments to pick up and job vacancies to decline in the coming quarters.”

Manufacturing will continue to shed jobs in the coming quarters, with the unpredictable trade spat coinciding with a fading global electronics cycle, experts said.

“The downturn in the electronics cluster has resulted in cutbacks in electronics sector jobs, which is expected to continue during the second half of 2019,” said Mr Rajiv Biswas, chief economist for Asia Pacific at data firm IHS Markit.

The manufacturing sector, which accounts for one-fifth of the economy, is also seeing old jobs being made obsolete by automation, added Mr Seah.

Beyond manufacturing, economists are also keeping a cautious eye on the outward-oriented services sectors.

While electronics accounted for 18 per cent of the retrenchments in the first quarter, services industries such as wholesale trade and transportation and storage followed close behind with 16 and 10 per cent, respectively, MOM’s labour report showed.

While domestic services segments can offer support, they make up relatively smaller shares of growth and “may not be enough to offset the receding tide”, said Mr Seah, referring to the sector’s 1.5 per cent quarter-on-quarter dip in the second quarter on a seasonally adjusted basis.

Further weakness in services is “the bigger worry”, added the economist, given how the sector accounts for about two-thirds of the economy and employment, although the tightening of foreign manpower quotas from January 2020 may mitigate the fallout on this front.

Meanwhile, “undercurrents” like the recent job cuts at German banking giant Deutsche Bank will add to the retrenchment figure in the third quarter, said CIMB private banking economist Song Seng Wun.

sukidexun

Reaction score
More bad news about the economy today, retrenchments will continue increasing and job vacancies will continue declining. PMETs accounted for 70% of the retrenched citizens and PRs.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/gdp-growth-slow-singapore-jobs-market-11740674

What Singapore’s slowing GDP growth means for the jobs market

22 July 2019

SINGAPORE: As Singapore’s outlook darkens with growth cooling to levels last seen a decade ago, there could be more retrenchments and fewer job vacancies ahead, said economists.

The job losses will likely come from outward-oriented sectors, which have been hit by a protracted trade spat between the United States and China.

Already for the first quarter, data from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) showed an increase in retrenchments – from 2,510 in the previous quarter to 3,230 – on the back of a near three-fold jump in job losses in the manufacturing sector.

The economy grew 1.1 per cent year-on-year during the first quarter but amid falling factory activity and exports, growth in the second quarter slowed sharply to a decade-low 0.1 per cent on a year-on-year basis based on recent flash estimates.

DBS senior economist Irvin Seah said it is “pretty clear that the outlook for the labour market isn’t going to be great” given the “drastic” growth slowdown. “You can only expect retrenchments to pick up and job vacancies to decline in the coming quarters.”

Manufacturing will continue to shed jobs in the coming quarters, with the unpredictable trade spat coinciding with a fading global electronics cycle, experts said.

“The downturn in the electronics cluster has resulted in cutbacks in electronics sector jobs, which is expected to continue during the second half of 2019,” said Mr Rajiv Biswas, chief economist for Asia Pacific at data firm IHS Markit.

The manufacturing sector, which accounts for one-fifth of the economy, is also seeing old jobs being made obsolete by automation, added Mr Seah.

Beyond manufacturing, economists are also keeping a cautious eye on the outward-oriented services sectors.

While electronics accounted for 18 per cent of the retrenchments in the first quarter, services industries such as wholesale trade and transportation and storage followed close behind with 16 and 10 per cent, respectively, MOM’s labour report showed.

While domestic services segments can offer support, they make up relatively smaller shares of growth and “may not be enough to offset the receding tide”, said Mr Seah, referring to the sector’s 1.5 per cent quarter-on-quarter dip in the second quarter on a seasonally adjusted basis.

Further weakness in services is “the bigger worry”, added the economist, given how the sector accounts for about two-thirds of the economy and employment, although the tightening of foreign manpower quotas from January 2020 may mitigate the fallout on this front.

Meanwhile, “undercurrents” like the recent job cuts at German banking giant Deutsche Bank will add to the retrenchment figure in the third quarter, said CIMB private banking economist Song Seng Wun.

That's why you have to think very carefully lo. If both not working, very jialat. Bank dont pity anyone de. Cannot pay, take your house n fire sale liao. My company also got retrenchment n got news that there will be a 2nd round.

Deutsche Bank most jialat liao. Current property market like that thanks to AMDK n chinese. If bo lang buy then really gg.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Dun have $800+ psf leh.. i purposely get the first phase launching price.. cant see any 800+psf.. all is 9xxpsf and up.. yes, i am a property agent.. the data can be found online too, just tat oni agents with subscriptions can have the units numbers ..

Aiyo. Dont bother to explain la. Have or not, also wont change anything. This location also got ppl buy which means the punggol one is bao jiak.

One lane in & out. Morning jam evening also jam.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Aiyo. Dont bother to explain la. Have or not, also wont change anything. This location also got ppl buy which means the punggol one is bao jiak.

One lane in & out. Morning jam evening also jam.

Punggol Way i tink is 2 lanes in / 2 lanes out if im not wrong , but oso will jam wan .. Punggol Road 3 lanes oso jam lioa..

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

frigatex

Reaction score
Even though not too sure what's the source, but good that this helps a little in debunking someone's earlier comments insinuating that punggol is cheap / for the poor / is lacking in good schools.

Perhaps it's true that punggol doesn't have the most expensive properties, but I would expect the population there to be mostly at least middle class and above. Simple reason would be because that's where new BTOs have been mostly launching for a good number of years (besides bukit panjang and sengkang). With that, many young working adults are there.

Of course you wouldn't expect the last station on the NEL to have property as expensive as in the central region; but comparing punggol to other OCR districts, prices can actually be on the higher end (can check SRX heat map).

Regarding schools, besides building a number of new primary schools, a couple of established schools have actually been purposely shifted to punggol (possibly to draw people to stay there). A quick search on singapore news will show that. Anyway, sometimes how good the primary school is, is also dependent on the population staying in that area?

Tertiary institutes I think there's no big need to discuss. If that is a significant factor, perhaps properties in jurong west (near NTU) would have a greater draw.

Last but not least, my personal observation is that punggol seems popular now with PRs, so that could have been driving up resale HDB prices there. Not exactly sure why (maybe a new enclave?).

Of course, to provide a balanced view, the fact remains that punggol is the last stop on the NEL, and is nearer to pasir gudang than to many parts of singapore. But despite that, it is still popular with young families and has transformed quite a lot in the past decade (in case anyone haven't been there for a while).

seanyboydad

Reaction score
Tertiary instituition, depending on size, may have a good positive impact on the rental

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Tertiary instituition, depending on size, may have a good positive impact on the rental

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

Yes, definitely.. all these will have impact on the prices of the property nearbys.. just like why those within 1km of TOP primary schools, their prices are pretty steep compared to their neighbouring that are slight outside of 1km..

punggol currently don't have any tiertary instituition.. only got upcoming SIT in 2023.. but got Global International School though at the end of Punggol..

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Seems that there are plenty of views in this thread which is a good thing.

Anyway, there was an interesting thread in reddit some time back but I managed to dig it up.

Not sure where the stats came from but this is from one of the post.

Poorest areas in Singapore

Metric being % of residents with gross monthly income of under $2000

8DSsoov.png

Thread is here

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/94w7f0/where_is_the_richest_areadistrict_in_singapore/

Congrats, does that mean that punggol residents are the 3rd wealthiest after bukit timah and tanglin? I better visit there more often and see if I can adopt a few rich god-children!

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
those who are keen on price of #2, #5, #10 & #15 can pm me your email addresses.

anyway, two more days you can get prices to ALL units. :s13:

Clazav

Reaction score
Punggol residents profile is younger ma, newer estate.

Congrats, does that mean that punggol residents are the 3rd wealthiest after bukit timah and tanglin? I better visit there more often and see if I can adopt a few rich god-children!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.