Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advice...is there any benefit to upgrade my existing ubox gen 2? There are so many type of ubox, which one should I get? Thanks

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

If your existing gen 2 box still working fine, then no benefit whatsoever to change. The apps and content are still the same across the different ubox generations. Hardware wise, the specs are negligible difference except the latest uproS which has dual band wifi, 2gb ram and 32gb rom. But its pure overkill simply for purpose of running unblock's own apps.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advice...is there any benefit to upgrade my existing ubox gen 2? There are so many type of ubox, which one should I get? Thanks

if you know how to install apps yourself, may be it is better to buy another box with better features/capabilities. e.g mibox s, which can give you 4k netflix, 4k youtube, chromecast and able to install many good VOD app.

keep you ubox gen 2 for just running UBTV.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will suggest that you sell off as the android version is too low and that kinda limit the apps you want to run.

Get the latest gen7 ubox which has 2GB ram and android 7 I would say.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will suggest that you sell off as the android version is too low and that kinda limit the apps you want to run.

Get the latest gen7 ubox which has 2GB ram and android 7 I would say.

why sell and spend so much for gen7 box? should keep gen2.

gen2 and gen7 are getting the same live channels.

live channels is the only reason to buy ubox.

if need to install apps, get a better and newer box from other brand, a $50 box is indeed better than ubox gen7 in terms of spec, workmanship and reliability.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Trying Dragon TV on my Firetv stick.
I currently have Version: 2.0.1_36
The ‘live’ channels are taking much longer to load as compared to using Dragon TV on mibox. No such problems with the VOD sections.

Suspect it’s the media format. Any idea where I can find the app settings.

alberttan746

Reaction score
In Dragon tv app 2.0.1_36, try click menu on remote control and click clear data.

Dragon tv app is recommended to use from android 6.0 OS tv box to android 9.0 tv box.

I use dragon tv app in no name android 7.1 os tv box S912 2gb/16gb no problem loading is quite fast.

Guys,
Trying Dragon TV on my Firetv stick.
I currently have Version: 2.0.1_36
The ‘live’ channels are taking much longer to load as compared to using Dragon TV on mibox. No such problems with the VOD sections.

Suspect it’s the media format. Any idea where I can find the app settings.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, how long has this ubox been ongoing? Scare buy liao then stop working

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Live TV not working tonight. Was working this morning/early afternoon.

Anyone's not working now?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI current evpad 3 users, couple days ago there was an update for the mars live tv app. And they also released a new "super" version of the live tv app but dont know why it has less channels than the old mars live. If you installed the super version from the evpad app store, do not uninstall the older mars live app without backing up first as mars live is no longer available in the app store.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I realized evpad, the apps all cannot use liao.
Now they came up with this saturn live app, only 1 app to use.

NY1106

Reaction score
Is it possible to watch the Ubox Upros on our multiple mobile devices (handphones, tablets)?

victorhee

Reaction score
X96 Mini

Hi experts,

Newbie here. Not sure if this is the right thread to post. If it is not, please let me know.

I have a X96 Mini since a year ago. Is it worth buying a new box with better hardware? It is still working, just feel a bit sluggish.

Does a MiBox have obvious speed increase compare to my current box?

Thank you.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

Newbie here. Not sure if this is the right thread to post. If it is not, please let me know.

I have a X96 Mini since a year ago. Is it worth buying a new box with better hardware? It is still working, just feel a bit sluggish.

Thank you.

I in Same situation. Changing

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

Thank you.

Wrong thread to post on... no support will be given. :o

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

Thank you.

x96mini has only 1GB RAM, it is not sufficient. The CPU/GPU is powerful enough though.

one way to solve the problem is to disable google playservice and google playstore (they are no useful anyway). You will find that your box very fast after doing that.

lazy666

Reaction score
My ubox recently becomes very laggy, playing movies or variety on UVOD will keep on stop and load, anyone knows the issue? I’m already on cable and not wifi so I thought the speed would be faster

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.