New EC at Sumang Walk

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Many measures are in to ensure most don't over commit.

Read more & you know most buyers are Singaporeans.
AMDKs don't stay long term & few buy here.
Levies stop many Chinese buyers.

That's why you have to think very carefully lo. If both not working, very jialat. Bank dont pity anyone de. Cannot pay, take your house n fire sale liao. My company also got retrenchment n got news that there will be a 2nd round.

Deutsche Bank most jialat liao. Current property market like that thanks to AMDK n chinese. If bo lang buy then really gg.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
So will the good old price be back :o ?
早知道.........

Less than 1.5 year ago in 2018 Q1, prices were still S$800psf. Now, prices are $1,150, or a 43% jump. You all can think for yourselves before jumping into the queues trying to secure your fav unit..
]

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
So will the good old price be back :o ?
早知道.........

Definitely it is unlikely that $800psf will come back unless the market crash.

But it can easily go back to $1000psf if buyers think carefully and don't rush in to buy on euphoria.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Some of those low end area have many non working elderly & newer areas more working young couples.
But hor, their old flats can be worth a lot more.

Seems that there are plenty of views in this thread which is a good thing.

Anyway, there was an interesting thread in reddit some time back but I managed to dig it up.

Not sure where the stats came from but this is from one of the post.

Poorest areas in Singapore

Metric being % of residents with gross monthly income of under $2000
]

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Seems that there are plenty of views in this thread which is a good thing.

Anyway, there was an interesting thread in reddit some time back but I managed to dig it up.

Not sure where the stats came from but this is from one of the post.

Poorest areas in Singapore

Metric being % of residents with gross monthly income of under $2000

8DSsoov.png

Thread is here

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/94w7f0/where_is_the_richest_areadistrict_in_singapore/

High salary cheap housing (chiongster)
Ex housing Low salary (semi retired)

:s22:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Less than 1.5 year ago in 2018 Q1, prices were still S$800psf. Now, prices are $1,150, or a 43% jump. You all can think for yourselves before jumping into the queues trying to secure your fav unit..

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2019/7/181929/are-ec-prices-becoming-too-high

if im not wrong, 2018 Q1, there is no EC launches.. only in Apr 2018 the Rivercove EC launched..

"For example, the EC, Rivercove Residences set a new high for EC prices when it came close to breaching the $1,000 per square foot (psf) threshold during its April 2018 launch." -> source from the Propertyguru link that you provided...

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
if im not wrong, 2018 Q1, there is no EC launches.. only in Apr 2018 the Rivercove EC launched..

"For example, the EC, Rivercove Residences set a new high for EC prices when it came close to breaching the $1,000 per square foot (psf) threshold during its April 2018 launch." -> source from the Propertyguru link that you provided...

Even last year when Rivercove was launched, the prices ady crossed $10xxpsf... so is Piermont really so much more expensive than Rivercove? those who went and see Rivercove and Piermont would know best whats the difference for these 2.. I have personally seen both projects showflat before.. but I shall save the comments to myself as im a property agent..later ppl think im trying to hard sell Piermont... :eek:

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I seriously don’t understand what’s so good about piermont. Tbh, if there are 5 ECs launching this year, piermont definitely won’t sell at all, and will be the weakest.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Even last year when Rivercove was launched, the prices ady crossed $10xxpsf... so is Piermont really so much more expensive than Rivercove? those who went and see Rivercove and Piermont would know best whats the difference for these 2.. I have personally seen both projects showflat before.. but I shall save the comments to myself as im a property agent..later ppl think im trying to hard sell Piermont... :eek:

Rivercove got really good view for certain facing.

You are lucky that rivercove served as a bridge for piermont, if not it will be a direct 43% jump which will make piermont price look even more unreasonable.

kiatme

Reaction score
The next few launches sites aren't good as well to be honest.. tampines ave 10, imagine priced at 1k plus PSF, santorini, alps, qbay etc are just slightly older and selling at the same price.

I'm unsure about Canberra cause I do not hang around there but the location seems good, this is probably the only one that can beat sumang if you ask me.

The anchorvale EC is literally so near rivercove, with the number of ECs around, it doesn't seem attractive at all, at least compared to sumang, sumang is nearer to MRT.

I would recommend people who are considering Sumang to consider private resales instead or new launches, I really don't think there is any value left to flip for this project, furthermore you have to hold 7-8 years before you can sell.

Just see the recent transaction for Watertown. To make a profit for this EC, you've to sell at the same price as what Watertown is selling. Does anyone here think they can flip this EC more than Watertown

sukidexun

Reaction score

Many ppl anti this EC. Some can even think that River ec is better. really no comment.

River ec Better facing? see long kang water lo. Most ppl are going for P ec mainly they are already staying in punggol so to them is not much of a difference.

Both project have pros n cons but my belief is punggol is going to be a better bet due to many + points factors (google yourself)

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos its good la

It's CDL ffs

Same logic like y some ppl prefer buy LV bag at 2k v.s Coach at 1k

Cos its branded and sign of quality!!!!

I seriously don’t understand what’s so good about piermont. Tbh, if there are 5 ECs launching this year, piermont definitely won’t sell at all, and will be the weakest.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Of cos its good la

It's CDL ffs

CDL is over-rated la, its just a local developer. Quality depends on which construction company they contract to build the ec...

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Many ppl anti this EC. Some can even think that River ec is better. really no comment.

River ec Better facing? see long kang water lo. Most ppl are going for P ec mainly they are already staying in punggol so to them is not much of a difference.

Both project have pros n cons but my belief is punggol is going to be a better bet due to many + points factors (google yourself)

Who don't like river-view, with also the sengkang riverside park view in the distance, plus views of nice private condos like riverbank and rivertree. i guess you prefer those hdb flats directly facing the pasir gudang smoke.:o

I suggest you take a step out of your lovely town of punggol and take a look outside. Punggol is definitely not the best place to flip properties if that is what you are betting on.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
And you believe you will the old price if 5 new ECs this year?

The reality is that there will not any other new EC.

Dream on. :o

sukidexun

Reaction score
Of cos its good la

It's CDL ffs

no need to waste your breath. Its cdl that's why everyone go take a look. if anyone can just build n claim that ( only local developer ), ok one. no need to go for atas.

Wait till condo collapse then cry father cry mother. never say never.

For those keep listening to those noobs anyhow give advice one, take care cos u r going to need it. but of cos no buy no risk.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
And you believe you will the old price if 5 new ECs this year?

The reality is that there will not any other new EC.

Dream on. :o

Precisely the point, no new ec means the only one launched is good? :s22:

It’s obviously just because it’s e sole ec this year that’s why peeps are interested. If there are tons of it, no one would consider this.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
no need to waste your breath. Its cdl that's why everyone go take a look. if anyone can just build n claim that ( only local developer ), ok one. no need to go for atas.

Wait till condo collapse then cry father cry mother. never say never.

For those keep listening to those noobs anyhow give advice one, take care cos u r going to need it. but of cos no buy no risk.

Are you writing english, no one will understand half of what you have written. So, those that say don't buy piermont are noobs? :s13:

Don't get to close to ahboy82.., his writing easily shows what kind of man he is...

So the Piermont by CDL is a better buy than Sky Everton by SL Capital (6)! Better ballot for piermont this weekend! What crappy company is sl capital (6) right? :s22:

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
It was only a few years the govt had to cut back on EC land sale as many unsold.

Sigh.... 早知道....

Precisely the point, no new ec means the only one launched is good? :s22:

It’s obviously just because it’s e sole ec this year that’s why peeps are interested. If there are tons of it, no one would consider this.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.