The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

victorhee

Reaction score
Thank you bro GANGSTERKIA. Kindly PM your workplace location please. Will drop by if it is not too inconvenient for me. Cheers!

Hey,
Your reading addition/presbyopia is already over the limit for digital lenses which is 1.25(from what I know).
It is better as there is lesser distortion as compared to a progressive so it helps you to adapt to the new way of reading/looking far/walking easier before you actually transit to a progressive.

victorhee

Reaction score
Thanks EyezoneOpticalSG. I found your website. Will try to find time to visit one of your shops. Cheers!

Hi bro!

Digital lenses are generally recommended to people with Presbyopia of +1.00Ds or less & progressive lenses for those with >+1.25Ds.

A pair of basic 1.50 index progressive lenses starts from $180 onwards (Depending on the brand you choose).
Depending on your needs/daily activities, you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)

:)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bedok:
KfKbzg7l.jpg

I also saw the one just opposite marsiling mrt

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

kimchye

Reaction score
Zeiss progressive lens 1.6 price range

Hi guys,

I was quoted S$1368 for the Zeiss progressive lens 1.6.
Is the normal price range or I can get a better price by sourcing around other shops?

Thanks in advance.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you know which tier of prog they recommended you? With photofusion/transition? Got blue protect?

Hi guys,

I was quoted S$1368 for the Zeiss progressive lens 1.6.
Is the normal price range or I can get a better price by sourcing around other shops?

Thanks in advance.

MGuest

Reaction score
Hi all, if got both lens and frame but to cut the lens and put into frame, is there such services in SG and how much roughly it will cost. TIA :)

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, if got both lens and frame but to cut the lens and put into frame, is there such services in SG and how much roughly it will cost. TIA :)

If you ask me, i wouldn't want to take the risk helping you do it.
But i'm sure others will, for a fee depending on how much they deem fit.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly, not many places will take up this job UNLESS you are fine with accidental damage to your frame or lens or both. Most place won’t bear the warranty/risk unless you give them the go ahead to do it. You got them both overseas?

MGuest

Reaction score
Honestly, not many places will take up this job UNLESS you are fine with accidental damage to your frame or lens or both. Most place won’t bear the warranty/risk unless you give them the go ahead to do it. You got them both overseas?

Yes, no problem, can bring back and get them to fix it up. Thanks again for all your unselfishness replies for this sub forum :s12:

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
what kind of lenses should i go for

if my degree is 100 for one eye, 125 for the other.
with slight astig.

use my handphone quite often so im thinking the blue ray thing should be quite handy too?

I'm also not sure if i should get the transition kind of lenses to help with the sunlight in the times when im out in the sun.

what do you guys suggest?

are all these anti blue ray + transition a must have in current prescription lenses ?

If so, what brand lenses will you all recommend? and what will be the prices i will be looking at?
I already got my frame. just need the lens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what kind of lenses should i go for

if my degree is 100 for one eye, 125 for the other.
with slight astig.

use my handphone quite often so im thinking the blue ray thing should be quite handy too?

I'm also not sure if i should get the transition kind of lenses to help with the sunlight in the times when im out in the sun.

what do you guys suggest?

are all these anti blue ray + transition a must have in current prescription lenses ?

If so, what brand lenses will you all recommend? and what will be the prices i will be looking at?
I already got my frame. just need the lens.

Hi Sherra,

HEV(blue filter) & transition/photochromic lenses are considered add-ons based on individual requirements. (E.g. HEV filter for long hours in front of electronic devices, Transition/Photochromic lenses for long hours under the sun.)

For HEV filters + photochromic lens, you can consider Kodak Evoblue. :)

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Sherra,

HEV(blue filter) & transition/photochromic lenses are considered add-ons based on individual requirements. (E.g. HEV filter for long hours in front of electronic devices, Transition/Photochromic lenses for long hours under the sun.)

For HEV filters + photochromic lens, you can consider Kodak Evoblue. :)

okay..
may i know the reason behind the particular brand recommendation?
Not doubting your recommendation, but i dont do much spectacles shopping, and the few brands im only familiar with are carl zeiss, hoya, and crizal.

Even then within this 3 brands, i dont know which is superior.
So will like to understand better.

Nickkkyy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to buy a new pair of spectacles which is Budget friendly, which shop would you guys recommend? I’m looking to get a pair of glass <$100. I am not familiar with glasses as I’ve been buying mine from my neighbourhood shops and realised that I could get a similar specs at cheaper price. I bought my spectacles @ $180 and my friend told me he bought his from a shop at Sim Lim for only $130 with crizal lens

Reaction score
okay..
may i know the reason behind the particular brand recommendation?
Not doubting your recommendation, but i dont do much spectacles shopping, and the few brands im only familiar with are carl zeiss, hoya, and crizal.

Even then within this 3 brands, i dont know which is superior.
So will like to understand better.

Hi!

Thats the only brand with HEV(Blue) Absorb (~94% filter) technology built into the material + changes colour under the sun, while the rest(Essilor, zeiss, hoya) depends on a layer of blue coating on the lens surface to reflect away up to 30% HEV(Blue) light.

In terms of value for money & good protection, Kodak Evoblue would be recommended. :)

Quick illustration of the difference between Blue reflect & Blue absorb

Light Spectrum (Left side of chart being most harmful to humans):

Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated:s13:

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Thats the only brand with HEV(Blue) Absorb (~94% filter) technology built into the material + changes colour under the sun, while the rest(Essilor, zeiss, hoya) depends on a layer of blue coating on the lens surface to reflect away up to 30% HEV(Blue) light.

In terms of value for money & good protection, Kodak Evoblue would be recommended. :)

Quick illustration of the difference between Blue reflect & Blue absorb

Light Spectrum (Left side of chart being most harmful to humans):

Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated:s13:

Thanks for for enlightening.
I went to a store, they don't have evoblue but instead evosun.
Is the evoblue technology in it and the range I can get is evosun?

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Not the same 🤭

EvoSun = Photochromic only
EvoBlue = Photochromic + 94% HEV(Blue) light filter

ahh i saw the Clean N Clear in the catalog though?
could it be that ? i asked for evoblue the guy say dont have then he said evosun , which i went ahead thinking its is the same with the technology inside.
shucks.

Reaction score
ahh i saw the Clean N Clear in the catalog though?
could it be that ? i asked for evoblue the guy say dont have then he said evosun , which i went ahead thinking its is the same with the technology inside.
shucks.

Clean N Clear refers to the coating😂
Next time then get the HEV(Blue) filter lenses ba :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.