New EC at Sumang Walk

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
You are totally in love with punggol. Let me tell you one fact, punggol is 95% hdb flats, far more than the national average.

Fact is, property price more or less is based on distance from the city. The further you are, the cheaper it gets in general. If you think your punggol can surpass bishan pricing then continue dreaming..:s13:

Other hdb don't have pasir gudang smoke like yours. By the way the waterway water that runs through punggol is the same water as the rivercove "longkang".:o

What facts have you provided? Could you please pull up data on resale prices in pungol?

Think before you talk and don't live in your own world. Thats my best advice for you. All the best to you too.

If go by your logic, can you explain to me why j gateway at Jurong east (not near CBD) is currently transacting at 18xxpsf and is sold out within a day during launch? Sky vue at Bishan (suppose to be nearer to CBD) is pale in comparison and probably transacting at 16xxpsf to 17xxpsf.
Recent just June alone saw 40 rental records at J gateway. Sky vue on the other hand only see 15 rental records in june. Weird huh, why suddenly Jurong more popular than Bishan but no one said a thing?
Not forgetting Jurong is totally unheard of in the past and Jurong is famous for its overpowering smell.
Why Jurong price can be priced ridiculously at 18xx psf but not Punggol? Please enlighten, I want to learn more.

Last edited:

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Just to share. Done an onsite recce. Walking from piermont (side gate facing school) to wwp took me around 8.5 mins, 676m. If walk via waterway park, around the same because need to cross bridge (although direct dist is shorter)

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
If go by your logic, can you explain to me why j gateway at Jurong east (not near CBD) is currently transacting at 18xxpsf and is sold out within a day? Sky vue at Bishan (suppose to be nearer to CBD) is pale in comparison and probably transacting at 16xxps to 17xxpsf.
Recent just June alone saw 40 rental records at J gateway. Sky vue on the other hand see 15 rental transaction. Weird huh, why suddenly Jurong more popular than Bishan but no one said a thing?
Not forgetting Jurong is totally unheard of in the past and Jurong is famous for its overpowering smell.
Why Jurong price can be ridiculous but not Punggol? Please enlighten, I want to learn more.

First of all, I’m sure you well know the reason.

East west should be a separate comparison from north-east or north south.

For east-west the most ulu towns are jurong west and changi/pasir ris. Jurong west, pioneer and Boon Lay are definitely cheaper than jurong east. Jurong east may be a small outlier when compared to clementi but queenstown and red hill follows the trend that I described and are generally more ex as you go nearer to the city.

You should well know the attraction of jurong east. There are 3 huge shopping malls and more in the vincinity, office tower with MNC tenants, genting hotel, numerous office/industrial buildings and not to forget the HSR that we have forgotten about. AYE from jurong takes you direct to city in less than 20mins. Does punggol not pale in comparison?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Just my guess, this EC likely to sell well despite the comments here, for the very reason given that it is the only EC launch and prices are still within 11xxpsf, and Punggol digital transformation. And if this EC sells out fast (within 1 year), it gives developer an edge on future EC pricing despite similar land bids.

Haha you better don’t make this comment.
Else The pple here are very aggressive and may accuse you of being an agent.
Even if it’s just your Guess, keep it to yourself. :D

I already said this many time, no one can talk up or talk down a property, it’s driven by public sentiment. I rather wait to witness the actual sales rather than arguing senselessly here for nothing.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Haha you better don’t make this comment.
Else The pple here are very aggressive and may accuse you of being an agent.
Even if it’s just your Guess, keep it to yourself. :D

I already said this many time, no one can talk up or talk down a property, it’s driven by public sentiment. I rather wait to witness the actual sales rather than arguing senselessly here for nothing.
He is right. Piermont May sell well for the sole reason that it is the only ec.
And you are right too. Piermont May be very overpriced but if people believe in the “transformation” and join the hype then it will sell. Make money or not next time another story.. :)

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
First of all, I’m sure you well know the reason.

East west should be a separate comparison from north-east or north south.

For east-west the most ulu towns are jurong west and changi/pasir ris. Jurong west, pioneer and Boon Lay are definitely cheaper than jurong east. Jurong east may be a small outlier when compared to clementi but queenstown and red hill follows the trend that I described and are generally more ex as you go nearer to the city.

You should well know the attraction of jurong east. There are 3 huge shopping malls and more in the vincinity, office tower with MNC tenants, genting hotel, numerous office/industrial buildings and not to forget the HSR that we have forgotten about. AYE from jurong takes you direct to city in less than 20mins. Does punggol not pale in comparison?

Now I’m confused, for a moment, you mentioned the price goes by distance and proximity to CBD, for the next moment you talk about Jurong’s fantastic stories. If my memory serves me well, I have not step into Jurong east for years because driving to Jurong east seems like an endless journey. Why would I need to go to Jurong 3 Malls when I easily find a sizeable mall at Waterway mall? Why would I need to go JLD park if I can do my jogging routine at Waterway park that spans 8km across the waterscape? Why would I need to go Jurong to find food if I can find a cosy place at Punggol settlement to have a meal by the sea? Why must I pay 18xxpsf for Jurong if I can pay 11xxpsf for Parc centros at Punggol?
Why would I need to work in Jurong if Punggol will be transform into digital town where 28000 jobs will be created?
There’s so many why but there’s none you can convince me.
18xxpsf compared to 11xxpsf, how big the difference, you know the math.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Now I’m confused, for a moment, you mentioned the price goes by distance and proximity to CBD, for the next moment you talk about Jurong’s fantastic stories. If my memory serves me well, I have not step into Jurong east for years because driving to Jurong east seems like an endless journey. Why would I need to go to Jurong 3 Malls when I easily find a sizeable mall at Waterway? Why would I need to go JLD park if I can do my jogging routine at Waterway park that spans 8km across the waterscape? Why would I need to go Jurong to find food if I can find a cosy place at Punggol settlement to have a meal by the sea? Why must I pay 18xxpsf for Jurong if I can pay 11xxpsf for Parc centros at Punggol?

Jurong east is an international town with MNC tenants, HSR and HOTEL. The prices are boosted by foreign purchasers. Can you say the same for punggol?

20000 manufacturing jobs you mean?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Dont bluff hor. You are happy for yourself. all the best. Agent nowadays wanna earn more also very hard those to morons clients and they think are smarter than agent.

Haha.. of cos i happy cos i oso can make money, but tbh, EC comm is pathetic.. unlike private condo, the comm is so much higher!

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Freshly taken. The next EC will be launch 1st Half 2020 as stated on the site hoarding of Canberra plot. Site hoarding up, site office up, bored pile machine is in. Developer will probably start piling works soon coz pile test already completed.

Will be colonial black & white theme, similar concept to the sold out The Verandah Residences.

This enclave is surrounded with less than 5 years old BTOs. Right next to above ground red line. So far no sound barriers along this stretch. Walking distance to Canberra MRT which due to open end of this year, that’s a plus point.
VpKTMOb.jpg

Ex5zSzq.jpg

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Jurong east is an international town with MNC tenants, HSR and HOTEL. The prices are boosted by foreign purchasers. Can you say the same for punggol?

International town? Lol
Where is the HSR by the way? Up to now still no cfm news. Will u or me live that Long to witness the completion?
Which tourist would travel all the way to the west to stay in the hotel there when our airport jewel is so nicely done up.
If go by erp by distance to Jurong to work, you can be sure the price they have to pay is gonna to be hefty.
I still dunno what’s the motivation of staying in Jurong and pay 18xxpsf for j gateway but I must applaud your effort to try so hard to convince me. Oh ya, till now, no one mention the overpowering smell in Jurong that the residents have been breathing for past 20 to 30 years. :D

Last edited:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Errr... not manufacturing job la.. White collar jobs.. u will be looking at Cyber security, Artificial Intelligence, SIT lecturers and what-nots for the IT nerds..

2-E86-A2-F8-DE00-4-B82-8443-1-CDCD565-C4-BA.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway, to put things in perspective, my aim is not to condemn Jurong or Punggol.
What I’m trying to say is each town/district has its own attributes and a price tag.
Different crowd will be attracted by different attributes in different districts.
If everyone here senselessly Attack Punggol about the pricing, then I was wondering why no one talk about how overprice Jurong is. Is 700psf price difference between Jurong and Punggol justifiable?

Not going to argue, but quite sick and tired of all these arguments I read Everyday, it’s like a spoil recorder keep repeating non stop. Can’t we wait for the actual sales to justify what the public sentiments felt about Punggol?
To be honest, if u read my post on sumang SF I visited last week, I was not impressed.
But then again, there will be some people who appreciate it.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
International town? Lol
Where is the HSR by the way? Up to now still no cfm news. Will u live that Long to witness the completion?
Which tourist would travel all the way to the west to stay in the hotel there when our airport jewel is so nicely done up.
If go by erp by distance to Jurong to work, you can be sure the price they have to pay is gonna to be hefty.
I still dunno what’s the motivation of staying in Jurong and pay 18xxpsf for j gateway but I must applaud your effort to try so hard to convince me. Oh ya, till now, no one mention the overpowering smell in Jurong that the residents have been breathing for past 20 to 30 years. :D
I neither have a interest in JE or Punggol. I’m just giving you an impartial explanation. I’m sure you’re knowledgeable and sensible enough and not argue with me for the sake of it.

There is no HSR for now indeed but many have priced it in when buying j gateaway. Jurong east is marketed as the second CBD. What you call “sentiments” are definitely stronger in JE. The profile of tenants in JE is also much stronger with the MNC tenants. Let me repeat, MNC, you may have missed the point.

The international schools and good schools in the clementi/buona vista area also contributes to its attractiveness. Add in the rich petrochemical companies like Exxon mobil in the vincinity.

Btw, I’m replying on mobile so I can’t get too much info.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Errr... not manufacturing job la.. White collar jobs.. u will be looking at Cyber security, Artificial Intelligence, SIT lecturers and what-nots for the IT nerds..

2-E86-A2-F8-DE00-4-B82-8443-1-CDCD565-C4-BA.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I always wanted to ask you this question but keep forgetting.
You mentioned sumang has around 1600 applicants.
What about Rivercove that time? Do u still recall?
Because this may give us some hints how this sumang ec will perform. Thanks.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I always wanted to ask you this question but keep forgetting.
You mentioned sumang has around 1600 applicants.
What about Rivercove that time? Do u still recall?
Because this may give us some hints how this sumang ec will perform. Thanks.

How many ppl e-app doesnt change how the ec will perform. You have to do your homework n compare to see if its worth the price. Its alot of work and not like some just keep typing wall of texts.

If you are considering this ec, i can also suggest to look at those nearby condo but depends on your budget.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
How many ppl e-app doesnt change how the ec will perform. You have to do your homework n compare to see if its worth the price. Its alot of work and not like some just keep typing wall of texts.

If you are considering this ec, i can also suggest to look at those nearby condo but depends on your budget.

I can’t buy ec. I go there just kaypoh only since there’s so much debate here. :D
I ask for a comparison of number of applicants (betw sumang and Rivercove) just to have a sensing of public sentiments.
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual launch day could tell a different story.

Last edited:

sukidexun

Reaction score
I can’t buy ec. I go there just kaypoh only since there’s so much debate here. :D
I ask for a comparison of number of applicants (betw sumang and Rivercove) just to have a sensing of public sentiments.
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual day could tell a different story.

Power la. u go there but cannot go in i think plus you want to squeeze meh? I dare to say sold out (just a matter of time).

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual launch day could tell a different story.

Just like you, there are many punggol hdb residents go and kaypoh and see see only without any intention of buying but got coerced by agents to do e-app. Hence I would say the 1600 is actually a low number of e-apps as half will not be buying.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Power la. u go there but cannot go in i think plus you want to squeeze meh? I dare to say sold out (just a matter of time).

I only visit the showflat and interested to see its layout and quality only.
Won’t be present on actual day, but will camp here to get updates from u guys :D

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Just like you, there are many punggol hdb residents go and kaypoh and see see only without any intention of buying but got coerced by agents to do e-app. Hence I would say the 1600 is actually a low number of e-apps as half will not be buying.

Yap, I won’t dispute on that. :D
Anyway, I reject doing the e app.
That’s y I was keen to know when Rivercove launch, theres how many applicants during that time to get a sensing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.