Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Heng I deposited with SBI @2.2% on Saturday which is the last day for this promo, I think rates will be falling in the near future due to the fed rate cut.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
As mention before, what is missed in the table is Maybank pay your FD interest out front. You can choose to deposit it or spend it immediately.

He already said at the start that the interest paid upfront lah. I think it's you who has missed out that juicy bit.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He already said at the start that the interest paid upfront lah. I think it's you who has missed out that juicy bit.

Yes, but in the calculation, he did not add in the potential interest earned for this out front payment.
Also, if I remember correctly, Maybank pay more then 0.1875% in saving account if you are already at age of 55 and above.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in the calculation, he did not add in the potential interest earned for this out front payment.
Also, if I remember correctly, Maybank pay more then 0.1875% in saving account if you are already at age of 55 and above.

Answer to my own:
is call Privilege Plus Savings Account.
Interest rate is 0.4375% currently.
Applicable to age 50 or above.

Privilege Plus Savings Account

FirstS$3,000

0.4375% p.a.

NextS$47,000

0.4375% p.a.

Remaining balance above S$50,000

0.5000% p.a.

Last edited:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score

Because the amount is peanuts lah.
Earn a little bit here, a little bit there also won't make you rich. Just more tired, running around in circles for a few extra cents.

snowieee

Reaction score
Earn a little bit here, a little bit there also won't make you rich. Just more tired, running around in circles for a few extra cents.

yes, if the returns is not much diff
i agreed, running here and there, can be very tiring with the queuing and waiting time.

unless the amt is huge and u can see the difference:s12:

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
High rate with other conditions to be met. Why simple FD needs to be tied down with savings account? Obviously it's not that simple yo. Used already then will know.

That's how some banks choose to structure their products. I don't find anything wrong with that as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course Ah Neh bank always give the best no gimmicks deal when they show hand. No other banks can match their offer! :s13:

SBI and CIMB are Mr.Canberra's favourite no gimmicks fixed depositers with competitive rates.

I want to support local banks but local banks don't support poor uncles like me leh. :s8:

yes cimb and sbi - no gimmicks
most banks need $500 in the saving account
but like u said if the quantum is huge, den $500 is fine, if they dun ask for more... :s12:

but currently sbi no more promo...
only maybank offers 2% for 24mths for min 50k placement
and its online FD:s12:

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
It is about capturing the offer details accurately and completely so that informed decision can be made. Nonetheless, I agreed that the difference is usually insignificant and does not worth the time and effort running around and that's why I stick with MBB and did not want to start a banking relationship with SBI.

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is about capturing the offer details accurately and completely so that informed decision can be made. Nonetheless, I agreed that the difference is usually insignificant and does not worth the time and effort running around and that's why I stick with MBB and did not want to start a banking relationship with SBI.

agreed with you.
i will do the same as well
if the interest is insignificant, then i will stay with MB or CIMB
where they have online placement, easier
save the time and transport, travelling here and there;):s12:

cowfart

Reaction score
yes cimb and sbi - no gimmicks
most banks need $500 in the saving account
but like u said if the quantum is huge, den $500 is fine, if they dun ask for more... :s12:

but currently sbi no more promo...
only maybank offers 2% for 24mths for min 50k placement
and its online FD:s12:

SBI promo @2.05% is ongoing until 31 July 2019.

happi3friend

Master Member
Reaction score
is anyone following the fintech digital bank scene?
I saw MAS award some digital only banking license

May I ask does anyone have any idea when they will be launching promos?

Because my FD expiring soon and I want to know how long I can lock in?
If not, when these offerings appear in the market, no funds to deposit

I'm assuming because they are online, they have low cost and able to offer better rates

lkhwee

Reaction score
is anyone following the fintech digital bank scene?
I saw MAS award some digital only banking license

May I ask does anyone have any idea when they will be launching promos?

Because my FD expiring soon and I want to know how long I can lock in?
If not, when these offerings appear in the market, no funds to deposit

I'm assuming because they are online, they have low cost and able to offer better rates

Still some time to go for digital banking, at least not in the next 12 months

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.