NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

badchoices

Reaction score
I went for interview on 1st July and received the email about availability to take EPT on 8/7, one week after my interview. The status on career@gov changed to shortlisted but I have not received any email.

Hi chilipeppers!

I have about the same timeline as you. Interview on 1st July, and EPT availability email on 8th July. Received a call few days back to verify some details on my academic transcript. But my status is still unchanged, unlike you. Which subjects are you shortlisted for? :)

Last edited:

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EPT

Is there anyone who has got shortlisted but did not receive the EPT availability email?

DAWL123

Reaction score
EPT / Status Update

Hi all,

I went for the interview on 11th July. I got the EPT notification on the 15th July but they did not schedule me to go for the test. Anyone able to advise or is in the same predicament as me? Still hoping for the best even though i think i screwed up the interview...

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I went for the interview on 11th July. I got the EPT notification on the 15th July but they did not schedule me to go for the test. Anyone able to advise or is in the same predicament as me? Still hoping for the best even though i think i screwed up the interview...
Hello. Receiving the EPT availability email does not mean you will definitely sit for the EPT. They are checking on your availability first. If you are not scheduled for the EPT, I think you are exempted from sitting for it because you have satisfied their requirements. However, I don't know what the requirements are now, they just said they would schedule candidates to sit for the EPT at their discretion. Anyway, the first EPT date is on 1 Aug and they said they would inform candidates one week before the test date if they are required to sit for it. For the first EPT date, I think they would inform you by tomorrow if you are required to sit for it. Which dates did you indicate that you are available on?

DAWL123

Reaction score
Hello. Receiving the EPT availability email does not mean you will definitely sit for the EPT. They are checking on your availability first. If you are not scheduled for the EPT, I think you are exempted from sitting for it because you have satisfied their requirements. However, I don't know what the requirements are now, they just said they would schedule candidates to sit for the EPT at their discretion. Anyway, the first EPT date is on 1 Aug and they said they would inform candidates one week before the test date if they are required to sit for it. For the first EPT date, I think they would inform you by tomorrow if you are required to sit for it. Which dates did you indicate that you are available on?
Thank you for replying!

I have indicated on both dates that i am available to sit for the EPT. But hopefully my status on Careers@Gov would change soon. i don't know if i should wait for this though because i might have job offers coming in soon in the next few weeks ..... Any advice guys? It's a risk that i am taking if they might eventually take too long to get back to me as well...

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for replying!

I have indicated on both dates that i am available to sit for the EPT. But hopefully my status on Careers@Gov would change soon. i don't know if i should wait for this though because i might have job offers coming in soon in the next few weeks ..... Any advice guys? It's a risk that i am taking if they might eventually take too long to get back to me as well...
Hopefully we will all get a status change soon! I have PM you.

Max_power

Reaction score
Hi guys, just an update, after I received the ept update email, I received another email stating the following:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We*would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be*19 December 2019,*barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by*7 November 2019.*

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just an update, after I received the ept update email, I received another email stating the following:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We*would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be*19 December 2019,*barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by*7 November 2019.*

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.
Awesome. I think it is a good sign that they are keeping you updated on your application status. When was your interview?

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Hi, I’m shortlisted for Pri english and Science. I just received an email update about my application. Do not lose hope. They are probably updating the system by batches.

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Hi, when is your interview date?

My interview was on 1st July, status changed to shortlisted yesterday. Today received this email

“We would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be 19 December 2019, barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by 7 November 2019.

Max_power

Reaction score
My interview was on 1st July, status changed to shortlisted yesterday. Today received this email

“We would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be 19 December 2019, barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by 7 November 2019.

Thanks for the update. I received the same email but my status remains as 'In Process'. Will update if there is a change

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.