SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
Wahh, from the T&Cs, annual fee $695 that is strictly non-waiveable. Only 2 priority pass per year.

Looks to be worse than the normal SCB VI ( with annual fee $588 and 4 PP ), and the SCB PB VI ( waiveable annual fees and 24 PP )....

jmtham

Reaction score
Wahh, from the T&Cs, annual fee $695 that is strictly non-waiveable. Only 2 priority pass per year.

Looks to be worse than the normal SCB VI ( with annual fee $588 and 4 PP ), and the SCB PB VI ( waiveable annual fees and 24 PP )....

Only the bonus is appealing, most people would just cancel after getting the 100k

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still worth it right, spend $6K and $700AF for 100k miles...

only saw prepaid accounts are excluded, is Cardup /GrabPay/Insurance 100% excluded? Need to think of how to clock 6k in a month

Reaction score
Mileage earn rate is 1.2/2.0 for local and foreign spend. Same as Altitude and Premiermiles. But SCB has a 0.5% higher FCY conversion fee.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mileage earn rate is 1.2/2.0 for local and foreign spend. Same as Altitude and Premiermiles. But SCB has a 0.5% higher FCY conversion fee.

i think most ppl wont get this card just to chase miles, most if not all will take the 100k miles and go. Anyone know besides 100k miles and 2 PP per year, any other useful benefits? Like free limo etc

i see some bloggers value air miles at 0.8c-1.5c for economy class flight, so not sure if its worth paying $700 and forgoing cc rebate on $6K spend for the miles

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
i think most ppl wont get this card just to chase miles, most if not all will take the 100k miles and go. Anyone know besides 100k miles and 2 PP per year, any other useful benefits? Like free limo etc

i see some bloggers value air miles at 0.8c-1.5c for economy class flight, so not sure if its worth paying $700 and forgoing cc rebate on $6K spend for the miles

Think most would utilise the miles for biz class which is worth alot more..

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
still worth it right, spend $6K and $700AF for 100k miles...

only saw prepaid accounts are excluded, is Cardup /GrabPay/Insurance 100% excluded? Need to think of how to clock 6k in a month

Actually seeing the T&C carefully ( pg 50, section 250 ), it mentioned the upfront gift promo is 75k reward points, which is equivalent to only 30k KF miles.....Did they messed up the marketing... :s22::s22:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Annual fee prob charged upfront otherwise how they award the 30k miles. Paying $1k to buy 100k miles prob work if one fly biz class to Europe

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
$600+ annual fee with the normal air miles earning rate. Well, at least it isn't as bad as HSBC VI i will say, to be polite.

That said, the 100k miles promo is nice but unfortunately, spending $6k which you were not originally going to spend just for it isn't worth it.
But, if you were already going to spend $6k or you can do a pseudo-spend that is not excluded from the T&Cs, then its a no brainer to just get the card (assuming you meet income requirements).

rotatingfan

Reaction score
Another unnecessary card. Tried to hype things by using waiting list and all. Can’t stand such amateur marketing tricks.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I rem correctly ( at least for SCB PB VI ), for the reward points, there's no expiry. However, to convert those rp to kf miles, there are some fees involved.....

i'm trying to find out, are the points tied to specific card? from the rewards page, it seems so. anyone can confirm?

if so, if no intention to keep the card after 1 year, then need to convert to KF by the 12th month

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.