Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

maxis5885

Reaction score
Just got my paperwhite but yet to buy any books, my vpn provider just kaput on me. Any recommendations?

U try booksavenue lo...Recently I see they got some promo on free audiobooks. Before 30th june to sign by their site.

They also got a guide how to get free VPN via their promo links. Dunno how this company still can survive with all the promo codes sia.

Power to the consumers! Lol

GreggMQ

Reaction score
I heard that color version of it spends much more battery charge, that black-white version. But how much faster?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for Kindle to have 'dead pixel'?

Just noticed a black dot on my Paperwhite 4 today :(

mikeymesina

Reaction score
Is it normal for Kindle to have 'dead pixel'?

Just noticed a black dot on my Paperwhite 4 today :(

It's definitely not normal, but it happens. You either try to have it replaced (contact Amazon) or just live with it if it's not too noticeable.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not normal, but it happens. You either try to have it replaced (contact Amazon) or just live with it if it's not too noticeable.

Thanks. If I bought from third party seller (on Carousell), am I able to return to Amazon? Or no choice already...

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
oh yar.. some folks ship via ezbuy US for kindle rite? any comments on the packaging/delivery?

i'm gonna ship via ezbuy US for the new oasis.. quite apprensive abt it.. my stuff from china(in cardboard boxes) usually came squash / flatten badly.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian now the kindle books on Amazon like getting more and more expensive. Even physical copies now cheaper then kindle version.

Amazon kindle store getting more and more smelly :(. When never login show 60% discount. Then when login want to buy become 30% discount knn :(:(

Last edited:

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found out why the price different liao in Amazon. Apparently Singapore address the kindle books will be cheaper somemore no tax. I change back to local address.

Should be safe right? Tiagong no need VPN or US address liao :s11:

mikeymesina

Reaction score
Found out why the price different liao in Amazon. Apparently Singapore address the kindle books will be cheaper somemore no tax. I change back to local address.

Should be safe right? Tiagong no need VPN or US address liao :s11:
Should be safe for Kindle books. I always buy kindle books under my local address. I get a lot of free books from Amazon.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 10 using GAGT

copy83

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can read ebook (from national library) on our paperwhite?
Or how do we convert the epub format in overdrive app n send to our kindle?

mikeymesina

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can read ebook (from national library) on our paperwhite?
I have tried but I couldn't find a way. Calibre cannot convert epubs from NLB to Kindle-friendly format. I haven't tried those paid programs that claim to remove DRM from epubs.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 10 using GAGT

bigrooster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes you can.

I use Calibre to convert the books from ePub to either .mobi or kindle format.

kaya14

Reaction score
Yes you can.

I use Calibre to convert the books from ePub to either .mobi or kindle format.
What programme do you use? None I've tried thusfar works for the NLB titles cos of the DRM protection

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
dun use calibre if you have chinese books tho.

a few years ago when i tried to upload a few bòoks via calibre , the titles of my chinese books got corrupted. the contents page will show squares n symbols for all the chinese titles. the books itself is fine when u go in.

had to do a clean reset and it happen again when i test load a few chinese books and use calibre to upload and sync.

tried to feedback in calibre forum and the dev dun seem to get whats the issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.