police selection assessment

Strawbelly

Reaction score
Hey all I want to ask something for a friend since he is too lazy to make an account. For those who have applied for SPF and CNB direct-entry inspector, are the timelines for both application process similar? He is applying for both positions but most of the information available is only for the SPF one.

Sugarcoated

Reaction score
Anyone who went for the Direct Entry Sergeant interview on 19 July, do share your updates here as well. Thank you!

*Sharing account with a friend as well.

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hey all I want to ask something for a friend since he is too lazy to make an account. For those who have applied for SPF and CNB direct-entry inspector, are the timelines for both application process similar? He is applying for both positions but most of the information available is only for the SPF one.

Anyone who went for the Direct Entry Sergeant interview on 19 July, do share your updates here as well. Thank you!

*Sharing account with a friend as well.

I dont rly focus on rank i just wan to do the job😂 rank if they give me i take but otherwise will work till cannot hahaha

Personally i would recommend you going through NS first and if you're lucky to get spf then you will experience it first hand before making a decision on whether to sign on or not

be a security guard is better. higher salary. police salary is low and long working hours. too much responsibility.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
be a security guard is better. higher salary. police salary is low and long working hours. too much responsibility.

Who do you suggest should do what a police does if we don’t have people like them who’s willing to do it? You?

Strawbelly

Reaction score
Just received an email to go for their medical checkup . If Im a smoker, does it affects the outcome of the application?

Unless your smoking causes you to have lung diseases/issues, I don't see it as an issue because I think smoking is rather common.

kaixin18

Reaction score
Who do you suggest should do what a police does if we don’t have people like them who’s willing to do it? You?

Just received an email to go for their medical checkup . If Im a smoker, does it affects the outcome of the application?

Unless your smoking causes you to have lung diseases/issues, I don't see it as an issue because I think smoking is rather common.

Hi, when was your selection assessment date? I went mine on 18 July, Thursday

after you leave the police force you can become like this guy.

While his current field of expertise is far from what people consider exciting, Dale actually led a different life as a police officer at one point of time.

When asked why he signed on, he candidly blames “too many Hong Kong movies” for giving him a thirst for action.

“The first two years were exciting!” he says, but he later found out that the reality of police work was more mundane than he expected, and by the seventh year there wasn’t much he still looked forward to at the job. After leaving the Police Force in 2007, Dale simply wanted to find a new job and get by.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/money/com...TXMxN27Bs1Ldg46e1J4ylmzA3-VilBQnWlDsHEsm2Ceng

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

While his current field of expertise is far from what people consider exciting, Dale actually led a different life as a police officer at one point of time.

When asked why he signed on, he candidly blames “too many Hong Kong movies” for giving him a thirst for action.

“The first two years were exciting!” he says, but he later found out that the reality of police work was more mundane than he expected, and by the seventh year there wasn’t much he still looked forward to at the job. After leaving the Police Force in 2007, Dale simply wanted to find a new job and get by.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/money/com...TXMxN27Bs1Ldg46e1J4ylmzA3-VilBQnWlDsHEsm2Ceng
You still not addressing the question of who will do the job of a police.

NotThomas

Reaction score

You quote this person who explains he left the police because he found it boring. And yet you ask ppl to work as a security guard, which Im sure is way more exciting.

Furthermore, every job has people resigning and changing jobs. SPF is not immune to that.
You dont know each person's motivation in joining SPF, they may not just be joining for the excitement.

Sugarcoated

Reaction score

Looking at your previous reply in a different forum, a bit contradicting eh. Is it you got hatred against police since your husband got rejected by police a few times?

Im also pretty sure security guard work is more mundane as compared to police. I have seen security guards sleep on duty as well.

Lehaa123

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone went for interview for Sergeant on May?
Able to share the timeline ?
From 1st interview to signing contract, how many months should I wait till I get accepted.

kaixin18

Reaction score
Anyone went for interview for Sergeant on May?
Able to share the timeline ?
From 1st interview to signing contract, how many months should I wait till I get accepted.

sergeant for what actually? to get the $30,000 bonus after 5 years and then leave? you can't even buy a hdb toilet with $30k.

PikachuOh

Reaction score
Why u always got comments on others haha a bit of opinions here and thr okay but dont comment until like we only want that 30k leh we want to apply because we are interested in the job. The 30k is included in the bond mah so take lor but what makes u think we gonna leave after 5 years😅

sergeant for what actually? to get the $30,000 bonus after 5 years and then leave? you can't even buy a hdb toilet with $30k.

nicholeswong97

Reaction score

If you keep and invest the 30k, the other bonuses that you get every year like mid year, performance, end of year and save a good amount of your monthly salary that you get every year like mid year, performance and end of year amount will depend on the economy and your performance. If we assume a diploma sign on at age 20, the take home pay around 2k and save 1k every month means he or she can save 60k in that 5 years. And if the yearly total bonuses equal to 3 months (could be more depending on economy and ur performance), it would be another 30k in 5 years. At around age 25, one would have 120k and this is not including promotion, pay raises, allowances and other bonuses. If you were to invest the money in a globally diversified portfolio, you can even get 6%-8% annual returns based on ur risk appetite. If you work for long term, there are also other bonuses and benefits that they provide. But of course being a police officer is not easy as well so money shouldnt be the only factor.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you keep and invest the 30k, the other bonuses that you get every year like mid year, performance, end of year and save a good amount of your monthly salary that you get every year like mid year, performance and end of year amount will depend on the economy and your performance. If we assume a diploma sign on at age 20, the take home pay around 2k and save 1k every month means he or she can save 60k in that 5 years. And if the yearly total bonuses equal to 3 months (could be more depending on economy and ur performance), it would be another 30k in 5 years. At around age 25, one would have 120k and this is not including promotion, pay raises, allowances and other bonuses. If you were to invest the money in a globally diversified portfolio, you can even get 6%-8% annual returns based on ur risk appetite. If you work for long term, there are also other bonuses and benefits that they provide. But of course being a police officer is not easy as well so money shouldnt be the only factor.
learn to type in paragraphs

Kraken203

Reaction score
Having just ORD-ed from SPF as a GRF/NPCO, I wouldn’t recommend anyone joining as direct entry SGT. The current mgt is a mess and manpower crunch is quite severe especially on the frontline. Many of the regulars are looking are resigning (now ppl resigning cannot even cover people leaving) due to f up mgt, lack of posting/advancement opportunities (Many secure posting but kena delay until cancel) and MOPs getting more and more rabak.

Mgt doesn’t give a **** about your work, they only care about stats and numbers. Officers progression is least of their concern. Don’t be blinded by CLIF or sign on money. But if you really wanna join, get degree and join as direct inspector.

My 2 cents. Cheers.

SinglePaul

Reaction score
Having just ORD-ed from SPF as a GRF/NPCO, I wouldn’t recommend anyone joining as direct entry SGT. The current mgt is a mess and manpower crunch is quite severe especially on the frontline. Many of the regulars are looking are resigning (now ppl resigning cannot even cover people leaving) due to f up mgt, lack of posting/advancement opportunities (Many secure posting but kena delay until cancel) and MOPs getting more and more rabak.

Mgt doesn’t give a **** about your work, they only care about stats and numbers. Officers progression is least of their concern. Don’t be blinded by CLIF or sign on money. But if you really wanna join, get degree and join as direct inspector.

My 2 cents. Cheers.

Bro ur 2 cents make sense BUT not all are able to get degree lah haha.. 😋

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.