Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
Hello all. I was reading the new & old threads. I just need some advice.

I used to do alot of online gambling 2/3 years ago and lost close to 20k. When I couldn't pay up, the boss contacted me directly and started to add on late interest and such.

From 20k become 41k. I'm clearing them per month but as some months I couldn't afford. And he starts harassing me by calling non stop, threatening messages, planning to end my career and post online.

I know what I did was wrong, my actions have crumbled my entire life, personal relationships, social life. At times, I feel like taking my life away. But I know I should be strong.

What can and should I do?
Soccer betting with bookie??? If u lose 20k,u, pay them 20k that's all, why they can add another 21k interest to you??? It sounds like loanshark to me, but usually bookie and loanshark don't work together leh...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

Reaction score

I used to do alot of online gambling 2/3 years ago and lost close to 20k. When I couldn't pay up, the boss contacted me directly and started to add on late interest and such.

From 20k become 41k. I'm clearing them per month but as some months I couldn't afford. And he starts harassing me by calling non stop, threatening messages, planning to end my career and post online.

I know what I did was wrong, my actions have crumbled my entire life, personal relationships, social life. At times, I feel like taking my life away. But I know I should be strong.

My personal feeling is they are part of the crime syndicate. Once in a while get loan ads and them online gambling ads which I believe is rigged to make you lose money then later they seem like kind people to loan you and then extort you dry.

Your life is worth more than all this, stay strong.

Maybe those got experience in the gambling side can advise you. If they harass etc for money with ridiculous terms and interest etc then its all loan scam. Break contact and ignore until they give up.

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
My personal feeling is they are part of the crime syndicate. Once in a while get loan ads and them online gambling ads which I believe is rigged to make you lose money then later they seem like kind people to loan you and then extort you dry.

Your life is worth more than all this, stay strong.

Maybe those got experience in the gambling side can advise you. If they harass etc for money with ridiculous terms and interest etc then its all loan scam. Break contact and ignore until they give up.
From my experience, bookie just want money that's all, but i never heard of bookie will charge interest one... Maybe his bookie he find one is non friend bookie??? Meaning he does not know the bookie at all???

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Online gambling can give you credit one meh? I thought usually have to deposit in then they credit into your account to let you play. It’s like you have how much then you play with how much. I think you got scammed by the fake bookie. No such thing called late interest. Also, did you provide any IC or information? Just inform your company that you have been scammed.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
I saw some of the comments where those ah long posted others IC or work permit. Seriously their admin didn’t bother to delete or report it. Think that Facebook page cannot be trusted. They also never update regular. So maybe scam.

Same syndicate?

Mibro10

Reaction score
If i dont pay back what he lended to me he loss money . He get more angry right ?
I know im naive pls help . I just want to make this right . Please

Update .
I told him that i informed my company and families regarding this and we are ready what to come . Then he start to slowdown his voice and talk nicely n give me more time to pay this n that and even lowered the clearance amount .

Pls advice

Hi, i am in the same shoe as you which was forced loan. I posted about my experience in the earlier threads too.
Now since the incident, it had been 2-3months. I however do not transfer any payments to them at all. PLEASE DONT PAY THEM ANYTHING! Take that forced loan amoubt to do something good.
All they can do is send threats via sms, whatsapp, videos etc.. Ignore all contacts from them.
Btw,i did not change my phone number, nor close my bank acc. Dont worry, be vigilant, install cctv/ if you want.
Cheers!!

Reaction score
And what form of harrasment u get so far?

Hi, i am in the same shoe as you which was forced loan. I posted about my experience in the earlier threads too.
Now since the incident, it had been 2-3months. I however do not transfer any payments to them at all. PLEASE DONT PAY THEM ANYTHING! Take that forced loan amoubt to do something good.
All they can do is send threats via sms, whatsapp, videos etc.. Ignore all contacts from them.
Btw,i did not change my phone number, nor close my bank acc. Dont worry, be vigilant, install cctv/ if you want.
Cheers!!

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
That’s the right way. Even if those idiots offered to give more time to clear is also another trick. No need to pay a single cent. You did the right way by ignoring.

Cheers!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.