New EC at Sumang Walk

Clazav

Reaction score
The reason for subsidising is to heat up the property market, to encourage more people to join into the property game.
人也是他,鬼也是他 (playing devil and angel's roles)

Need no early bird discount to move?

Wonder why the govt must subsidize people to buy
Lexus.
Toyota is driveable too.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know why some believe staying in HDB can be debt free.. Even you paid fully don't mean debt free.

Let me try to Guess and interpret what he means

1) your HDB will be a depreciating asset as lease runs Low. So what if you fully paid your HDB but have problem selling after several years down the road.
2) family monthly expenditure, kids education, car loan, personal and parent’s medical fee and with high cost of living in Singapore, can one’s saving be adequate to put you through a comfortable retirement by just relying on savings? We may still need to work until the day we die.
3) Inflation would be a killer if your money is not working hard enough for you. Thus, some form of calculated leveraging or other forms of investment could help generate passive income or accelerate your wealth accumulation rather than letting your money rot in the bank.

I Guess this is what he meant by non debt free.
Bro correct me if I misinterpret what u mean.

Last edited:

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason for subsidising is to heat up the property market, to encourage more people to join into the property game.

The EC subsidy 30k has remained the same for so many years while the HDB subsidy has increased a lot in the last few years.

So best is don't buy first. Wait for government to give out more grants.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
E applied, was doing all my finances to loan for 29 years.

I'm priced out at almost $1100 psf average. 😥
Together with resale levy, seems like a private condo becomes a better deal now.

shin7829

Reaction score

1) your HDB will be a depreciating asset as lease runs Low. So what if you fully paid your HDB but have problem selling after several years down the road.
2) family monthly expenditure, kids education, car loan, personal and parent’s medical fee and with high cost of living in Singapore, can one’s saving be adequate to put you through a comfortable retirement by just relying on savings? We may still need to work until the day we die.
3) Inflation would be a killer if your money is not working hard enough for you. Thus, some form of calculated leveraging or other forms of investment could help generate passive income or accelerate your wealth accumulation rather than letting your money rot in the bank.

But condo also got lease wor o.0

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
But condo also got lease wor o.0

HDB SERs you are at the mercy of gov.
Condo u can still put up for enbloc when developer runs out of land inventory. 2007, 2017 are years of enbloc frenzy.

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score
HDB SERs you are at the mercy of gov.
Condo u can still put up for enbloc when developer runs out of land inventory. 2007, 2017 are years of enbloc frenzy.

U mean if our condo lease become 50 40 30 20 10 what will happen? Sorry for being noob

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

All your points applies to private condo as well unless you are saying 99year lease condo is no different from freehold condo. Wait till one private condo depletes its lease without takers then you all will wake up. Singapore is still young so we have not seen it yet...

Anyway, he meant none of these, his agenda is to scare ppl from keeping hdb and encourage them to jump onto new launch market like him. He does not want to be alone. Unfortunately he made an erroneous statement because he failed to use his brain.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
The EC subsidy 30k has remained the same for so many years while the HDB subsidy has increased a lot in the last few years.

Unlikely that will happen. Government’s primary priority is to provide a roof over everyone’s head. Be thankful they already have this ec scheme to help those who are dying to stay in condo.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
U mean if our condo lease become 50 40 30 20 10 what will happen? Sorry for being noob

No worries, here is for sharing. Me no expert either.
To me, every property cycle has its bull and bear run.
Most condo/private apartment that are put up for enbloc sales are around 30-40 year old.
Enbloc not only depends on the asking price, plot ratio, size area, location but also depends on timing. So it’s not just about lease become 50, 40 or 30yrs anymore. So many factors can influence whether an enbloc sales can go through successfully or fails.
Make a Guess, what are the chances of mega projects getting enbloc compared to those non mega projects in the next 30-40 years?
Haven’t we learn a few lessons from recent failed enbloc cases like mandarin garden and Braddell view?

Even if we want to leverage and make money from property, still got to do it right and learn from past history.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
All your points applies to private condo as well unless you are saying 99year lease condo is no different from freehold condo. Wait till one private condo depletes its lease without takers then you all will wake up. Singapore is still young so we have not seen it yet...

Anyway, he meant none of these, his agenda is to scare ppl from keeping hdb and encourage them to jump onto new launch market like him. He does not want to be alone. Unfortunately he made an erroneous statement because he failed to use his brain.

First of all, don’t get so work up, it is just a platform for sharing. Which statement did I say LH and FH are of no different? I noticed u have a bad habit of putting words in others mouth.

Eunosville, Mayfair garden, pearl bank, Normanton park which of these are freehold?
I can quote more successful enbloc cases for LH.
There are also many failed enbloc cases of LH properties, likewise for FH properties if the enbloc timing is wrong.
As said, depend on many factors. Do u think what are the chances of Super mega size projects like treasure can get enbloc 30-40 years down the road?
Who knows one day you may be the only one who is still sleeping while many others have awoken?
Don’t be too confident of yourself sometimes. And there’s no need to shame someone by saying he has no brains.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don’t think the subsidies for EC will increase; as the EC ceiling is already raised to $14k. But I think this EC scheme could be scrapped soon, since the pricing of an EC is getting closer to that of a P.C. in a less ideal location.

Given that pricing margins are nearer between EC and P.C., an EC no longer serves its intended purpose, since if given a choice, if one could he would buy a P.C.

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score

Annetyu lolx. Act gangster sia. Insult pple again.

Knn. Ur mother confirm never teach u manners when u are young.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Annetyu lolx. Act gangster sia. Insult pple again.

Knn. Ur mother confirm never teach u manners when u are young.

Hi bro, Long time no talk, still very aggressive. Haha
But I gotta agree with you sometimes her comments really pissed many off.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
See. Some other smart ones strike lottery.

Property buying has huge gearing effect too.

True, but on highsight if you had succeeded in the hundred palms ballot, you would have a huge paper gain now (given the uptick in prices and cross island line in time to come), where the profits can aid towards even earlier retirement if u downgrade later.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Sandwich people mah.
Not everyone is willing to be stuck in HDB flats like some sweet grapes here.

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, Long time no talk, still very aggressive. Haha
But I gotta agree with you sometimes her comments really pissed many off.

Bobian leh bro. Must tehkan her.

Later u noe what she say.

I am low class gangster, not her level. Cant be bother with us in real life.

Today she earn many mani money in stocks. Collecting rent from her 2or more properties.

Shaking her leg enjoying her retired life.

But, but ar. She thinking of buying terasse.

Not say i look down on terasse la. But given the way she describe herself, i really feel she shld be looking to buy d9 or d10 freehold property.

Dunno why she even bother with d19 property.

Lolx.

Anyway, whats disgust me is she can insult pple, but cannot kenna insult. Like wtf man.

This kind of pple, u say la. Kiam scolding a not.

Whole day act like very educated, but actually is a very toxic person.

Anyway, she bully one time, i scold 1 time lor.
I keyboard warrior mah. Scold pple free 1. Just scold lor

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Bobian leh bro. Must tehkan her.

Later u noe what she say.

I am low class gangster, not her level. Cant be bother with us in real life.

Today she earn many mani money in stocks. Collecting rent from her 2or more properties.

Shaking her leg enjoying her retired life.

But, but ar. She thinking of buying terasse.

Not say i look down on terasse la. But given the way she describe herself, i really feel she shld be looking to buy d9 or d10 freehold property.

Dunno why she even bother with d19 property.

Lolx.

Anyway, whats disgust me is she can insult pple, but cannot kenna insult. Like wtf man.

This kind of pple, u say la. Kiam scolding a not.

Whole day act like very educated, but actually is a very toxic person.

Anyway, she bully one time, i scold 1 time lor.
I keyboard warrior mah. Scold pple free 1. Just scold lor

Pity those who are new here, wanted to learn from others, speaks politely but always get bombarded by her sarcastic remarks or being accused as an agent if someone speaks well of a project.
She can’t tekan u because you are a gangster, and a witty one haha, and definitely not a poor one, else how u can afford a FH Kovan. Lol.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.