[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joge517

Reaction score
weitzmani is uncommon and who wont hide from the gudgeon.

Add some Tucano leh..=:p

if have longer tank with dark oyama backing ...50 kubotai...:s13::s13:
LOL, I think we share similar interests. Been considering to add tucanos for a while and the initial midground fish was a choice between the kubotais and blackeye pristellas :deg:
. Tried African butterfly barb recently but up lorry within a week, super pain to the heart and wallet :frosty:

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
I give you a thinker, eat veggie or eat meat? Eat meat as in live food, eat veggie as in pellet food. The cleanliness differs for both. Pellet food more economical and less dirty on the water. You can lengthen your maintenance cycle there.

Eat meat, yes, the fish will be strong...super strong, can fight type but also can bite you also. Too aggressive, you need to know how to deal with it. Pellet food can be sold in a big bottle, much like those CNY tibits bottle, so go LFS walk walk, the feeding cost will lower significantly. Do watch for expiry. Get some activated charcoal from those $2 shop, dump inside, the fish food last longer.

Thanks fgor the reply, unfortunately my monsters are stubborn they after starving them for months they still refuse to eat pellets

Tried a few brand AZoo, oceanfree and jbl all failed.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monster tank a lot depend on what u have the load, how much u want to feed

Some cheap pellets the Poo dirty , easier to feed no need prepare . I used hikari carnivore massivore before imho cleanest But my rays already gg. The rest of the inhabitants now take
Sinking cichlids pellets .

So only feed is my aro on MP now Its cheapest in long run but must prepare . And you dun always need to feed them super full it’s a vicious cycle

14-16” aro gets 2-3mp daily for 6 days A week

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the fish habit is established, hard to change.

yah. i kept him fed but not overfed.

always dislike simi 发福龙 ..those weird stuff.

in this way also good..he will stay semi aggressive, which is interesting to watch. Hungry or annoyed Chut his AURA all the underlings hide under drift woods :s13:

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
What type of fish you have there?

Got try these?
xo-pack-of-4-pcs-fish-xo-400-original-imaep3ahynvahsfb.jpeg

Best thing you have a photo on the food type too.

I bought all the most recommended pellet for monsters all the containers got show Arowana n other monsters...

I even bought dried krill....

Tonight I will go SS look for frozen fish fillet to try

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sian, fifth up lorry this morning. The black one. Really don't know what's wrong. I am not sure if I should add more females in liao... :'(

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

buy fishes, in small quantity from different shops. the upkeep of their tanks, water quality, can affect the fish health. its a gamble.

introduce new fishes slowly, over a short period by mixing 50/50 tank water and original water for 30mins or so if fishes are still active, then drain half away and top up with tank water again. sometimes different water conditions can stress the fish and they may gg..

I think one female going to give birth soon. Body become squared like what online articles said.

Running out of tanks and pumps to separate the fishes liao.

1 main tank, 1 tank for this pregnant guppy, 1 for guppy fry, 1 for remaining female guppies. Siao liao

J4NnZjR.jpg

I saw that happen before too. tubi can be fed to babies and the babies are really aggressive. 1 small body pulling 1 tubi worm. There are times where the baby get caught by the worm colony.

Last time we use fish breads, clouds water, but we use them for fish, for tadpole feedings, works well.

have plants in tank, small fish (fry) can hide. feed proper for adult fishes and as well as small feeds for small fish.

i have these plans in my tank
16990949087_73a1364caa_b.jpg

they provide more hiding space than this type
hydver.jpg

cjp0Ks6l.jpg

Finally managed to win the algae war after 4 mths !!

what was it like before this?

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This morning suddenly noticed two guppy babies in the tank. My usual practice is let them be and survive. But they seem not that smart darting in the open and there is a particular female seems to be aiming them. 心疼 so I use siphon to suck them into another container which I am using to keep clean water for topping the main tank de. Threw in two snails from the main tank and sprinkle a little micro pebbles food. Hopefully they can grow.
But I didn't notice any very very pregnant female though. Hmm

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
wuhooo my Arowana ate pangasius food that is within my budget and all my fishes can eat soon i will insert pellets into the fillet to increase the nutrients content of the fillet

1kg $4 4slices can last for at least 2week

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway curious. For newborn guppy babies if I leave them in container say 1L size without any filter, air pump, or live plants. Will they have problems surviving? I will still sprinkle some micro pellets as food

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Anyway curious. For newborn guppy babies if I leave them in container say 1L size without any filter, air pump, or live plants. Will they have problems surviving? I will still sprinkle some micro pellets as food

1L is too little water for the baby fish. I will go 5L at least.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turtle tank will do. Hornwort untie, they will spread the surface. Babies will hide near to surface. Easier for oxygen xchange. Baby food is pinching. I usually use powder food. My dad time use fish bread, so big the babies still eat.
What is fish bread? Normal bread human eat de???

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turtle tank will do. Hornwort untie, they will spread the surface. Babies will hide near to surface. Easier for oxygen xchange. Baby food is pinching. I usually use powder food. My dad time use fish bread, so big the babies still eat.

Wow...long time never seen those fish bread liao...seems can't even find a pic of it on the internet.

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
wuhooo my Arowana ate pangasius food that is within my budget and all my fishes can eat soon i will insert pellets into the fillet to increase the nutrients content of the fillet

1kg $4 4slices can last for at least 2week

got cheated i thought my monster ate the fillet but no the fillet all got sweep until the driftwoods :(

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, now inside memory only. That was one of the cheapest fish feed around.

面包虫干 <- This one you all can google image.

CNY bottle style, dry food. Those trying to switch food regime maybe can give it a try.
面包虫 live ones, not necessary you go fish shop, bird shop also selling them. A bit messy on the water. Eats wheats 麦片 <- this one Giant got sell.

Testing wise, ask for the dry bread worm and buy the smallest bottle you can find. Dun end up with a lot and the fish isn't eating. This is applicable for monster fish keepers.

3082616002_1547783085.220x220.jpg

This? This is what i found on google, but seems like for hamster wor. :p
Hmm. Now that you mention, i think yearssss ago de LFS I vividly remember got sell bread. Something like those french loaf type.

Btw, I brought the two guppy fry home le. House them in those CNY transparent plastic container, put in two stalks of hornwort and a couple snail. a pinch of the micro pebbles. See how they survive bah. I did see 2-3 more babies in the guppy tank this morning, but they are too fast for my siphon to catch up. So can only hope they can survive on their on liao bah

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyways those dory and shrimp that are iqf fun feed fish bah ,’seems like added stuff one

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
which lfs or farm carry good selection of rocks for scaping?
went seaview yesterday. can't find what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.