The American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
platinum-reserve-credit-card.png

Just got this card as I feel the Platinum Charge card was overkill as my lifestyle would not enable me to make full use of its benefits. Decided to do a mini resource for the Platinum Reserve Credit Card here.

Welcome Offer:

Spend S$5,000 within the first 6 months of Card Approval and receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points enough to redeem a return flight to Philippines.

*50,000 Membership Rewards points = 27,777 KrisFlyer Miles

Card Benefits:

Enjoy a complimentary 3D2N stay every Card Membership year at participating Frasers Hospitality properties worldwide.
https://www.frasershospitality.com/amex-platinum

*Total of 44 properties in 15 countries. (As of July 2019)
Have yet to try this free stay and will update more once I have.

Love Dining - Hotels:
Savings of up to 50% off your food bill for unlimited visits at top hotels around Singapore.

Privileges of up to 50% savings at selected restaurants in some of the best luxury hotels in Singapore such as
Fairmont Singapore
Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore
Swissôtel Merchant Court
Love Dining - Restaurants
There’s more: a range of delectable cuisines await, island-wide, with up to 50% off at our handpicked selection of restaurants.

Discover all the outlets under our Love Dining program at amex.co/lovedining.

*Have personally tried the 50% off love dining benefits and it feels quite worth it.

Understand that this a more of a lifestyle card so it’s focus is on its benefits and not on earning miles or Cashback. So if you are a person who wants to play the miles game or only want Cashback on your spending then this card will not be suitable for you.

To be continued..

Last edited:

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
Do share your experience here if you do own this card. Teach uncle here a thing or 2.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
Nothing special about this card... I only use it for the diner offer

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

seannyboiboi

Reaction score
the card also allows u to enter tower club as well... and got some vouchers for discounted spa / massage session

Ecadua

Reaction score
Does this plat reserve come with perpetual fee waiver as well? Or just the regular plat?

louist

Reaction score
There's the 3-4 bottles of free wine also. And the stack of staycation discount vouchers.

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
the card also allows u to enter tower club as well... and got some vouchers for discounted spa / massage session

There is $100 food voucher for tower club with no minimum spend, just need to call platinum concierge to make a reservation before going down

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
After researching, I found they do send you some sort of travel or lifestyle magazine. They also send you a card to redeem a birthday cake.

harveyss

Reaction score
Anyone tried booking the Fraser stay? How easy/difficult to book? And how long is the hotel voucher valid for?

Gerrad

Reaction score
Are you referring to the website with the hotels blocking out every date from Y2020 onwards?

harveyss

Reaction score
Are you referring to the website with the hotels blocking out every date from Y2020 onwards?

Yes. Just wondering if it is available for redemption on most dates (of course expect holiday periods to be blacked out) or it's very limited in options

Gerrad

Reaction score
I strongly suggest you call the Platinum Reserve customer hotline for assistance.

I am facing the same situation, and AMEX is assuring me that my complimentary voucher is completely and officially valid for Y2020 (up till the stated expiry date of course).

harveyss

Reaction score
I strongly suggest you call the Platinum Reserve customer hotline for assistance.

I am facing the same situation, and AMEX is assuring me that my complimentary voucher is completely and officially valid for Y2020 (up till the stated expiry date of course).

May I know when did you get the card/how long was the validity of the voucher?

Gerrad

Reaction score
I've been using the card for quite a few years, and the renewal date is around July.
The voucher is valid for a year so mine is 30/07/2020
Sometimes the renewal pack (all the vouchers and stuffs) comes abit late. This year it came in around September.

Annual fees, well... It's perpetually waived cos of my charge card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.