[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendZenify

Reaction score
Toshiba doesnt have intl warranty. At least not for SG distributor. They wouldn't accept it.

If warranty is a concern and you need long warranty, this seems promising

Toshiba 8TB with 5 years of warranty https://qoo.tn/Bu8DJT/Q101126928

At $350 (grab the $50 off $400 to make it $350)

Tradepac is selling the Toshiba X300 8TB at $280, go SLS buy can save more $$ with same warranty.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tradepac is selling the Toshiba X300 8TB at $280, go SLS buy can save more $$ with same warranty.

X300 have 2 years warranty dude. Do let me know if i am mistaken and which distributor will treat it as 5 years

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any updates Mr Legend? If x300 comes with 5 years local warranty at $280 price point, i will get 5 of it.

Realized u are online yet not responding. Any reason why?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
$280 from tradepac seems the best price in local stores. I have not try go there and ask for further discount.

I am tempted to buy external drives and tear open. Cheaper alternative, sacrificing the case and warranty.

Sent from LG G5 using GAGT

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
$280 from tradepac seems the best price in local stores. I have not try go there and ask for further discount.

I am tempted to buy external drives and tear open. Cheaper alternative, sacrificing the case and warranty.

yes i am personally using multiple shucked wd elements 8TB. 129.99 per disk :)

at that price, might as well just get another disk, forgo the warranty, given that if i buy locally for warranty, i can buy 2 of that disk. In this case, i can increase my uptime by having a hot/cold spare

Ah Ken

Reaction score
yes i am personally using multiple shucked wd elements 8TB. 129.99 per disk :)

at that price, might as well just get another disk, forgo the warranty, given that if i buy locally for warranty, i can buy 2 of that disk. In this case, i can increase my uptime by having a hot/cold spare
Worthy la wow

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
Worthy la wow

ps before i mislead others,

its 129.99 USD + about 26 SGD worth of shipping via vpost/cgw/whatever.

or you can buy from amazon at 139.99 USD with 11USD worth of shipping = 151USD +/-.

or you can also choose to buy from the prime now SG app, about 192 SGD all fees included.

The 10TB is 159.99USD usually.

WoShiNiDeCrone

Reaction score
hi guys, i am trying to rma my hgst 4tb hdd for my synology NAS, in the mean time if i wish to puchase a new hdd, what brand or model would you recommend?

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.synology.com/en-global/solution/ransomware

Protect Yourself against Encryption-Based Ransomware
The risk of malware infection remains on a constant rise with new infections rapidly spreading every hour, every day. Synology addresses this growing malware problem by introducing powerful security measures such as Security Advisor and Qualysguard Security Scan, as well as offering regular security updates to protect users from potential threats. Recently, we have witnessed new encryption-based ransomware targeting personal files and even network-based devices. Below, we will explain how Synology's comprehensive multi-version backup solution can rescue your PC and NAS from malicious attacks.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ps before i mislead others,

its 129.99 USD + about 26 SGD worth of shipping via vpost/cgw/whatever.

or you can buy from amazon at 139.99 USD with 11USD worth of shipping = 151USD +/-.

or you can also choose to buy from the prime now SG app, about 192 SGD all fees included.

The 10TB is 159.99USD usually.

for that price you will likely get

a WD Red @ 5400RPM that is highly not recommended for Synology + the warranty concern...

At your own risk - too many red flags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.