WEMAX projector discussion

Element5_Projector_Audio

Reaction score
1. brand xiaomi vs wemax

Wemax is a premium brand of xiaomi projector,
Just like Infiniti to Nissan, Lexus to Toyota.
quite easy to understand.
every xiaomi projector should have a matching wemax model.
white color xiaomi vs black color wemax one
xiaomi 4k vs wemax 4K cinema

2. company xiaomi, company wemax(feng mi), and company appotronics

It all begin from Appotronics, the owner of ALPD® technology, and the largest laser cinema projector maker. You can google the name and know more.

So xiaomi company introduce first generation white color "xiaomi projector", with appotronics ALPD

Then xiaomi and appotronics form a joint venture company (fengmi), and bring us "wemax one"

As for the owner of ALPD and +++ laser display tech. the hidden big bro, APPOTRONICS, introduce their own "wemax one PRO" (quite confusing from wemax one, but now new hi-end model is A300, no longer share same name)

Yes, later they will use their own "appotronics" brand.

Thanks for reading. I think this is the biggest question here. Hope it helps!

Element5_Projector_Audio

Reaction score
I wonder the new Wemax 4K cinema uses the same DMD chip TI DLP660TE as Xiaomi Mijia 4K?

I think so. quite similar spec. Wemax mentioned lower noise level. Meaning improved ventilation, as xiaomi 4k's noise level was badly complained.

we can palace them side by side and compare.

Last edited:

Occupy HK

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone interested in group buying a 100" screen? Have also posted on the Xiaomi thread. Would like to team up to save on shipping! I will buy direct from China warehouse.

https://www.xyscreen.com/ambient-li...rt-throw-projector-screen-zhk100b-pet-crystal

Will be ordering this one. Important features:

BEZEL:
- Ultra thin: 12mm
- Black aluminium; no velvet finish which feels and looks cheap to me
- No logo

SCREEN:
- 100"
- ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting)
- PET Crystal designed for UST (Ultra Short Throw)
- Gain: 0.8

amelia80

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just bought the xiaomi youth edition projector u all know how to install google play in it? i google very long but still dono the answer leh

Element5_Projector_Audio

Reaction score
No offence but XY last MO quotation was $970 incl. shipping to a collection point in Singapore. We manage to make it $900 cash & carry locally. If you buy bundle still have discount. Why not consider a "mass order" here? LOL

What I really concern is "NO logo". If no logo, I suggest do not cite "XY brand" or link. It confuse not only readers but also me. Thanks!

Hello,

Anyone interested in group buying a 100" screen? Have also posted on the Xiaomi thread. Would like to team up to save on shipping! I will buy direct from China warehouse.

Will be ordering this one. Important features:

BEZEL:
- Ultra thin: 12mm
- Black aluminium; no velvet finish which feels and looks cheap to me
- No logo

SCREEN:
- 100"
- ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting)
- PET Crystal designed for UST (Ultra Short Throw)
- Gain: 0.8

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
There is already a distributor for xy UST screen in Singapore. Why mass order just to save a few % of the price. Its not like u save a few hundreds $.
We shld support those local distributor if their price is reasonable.
I'm not affiliated with the seller/distributor.

olivier_sg

Reaction score
Hi deadrick
may I know where is this distributor since I would like to buy one from XY?

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi deadrick
may I know where is this distributor since I would like to buy one from XY?

Refer to the post above his. :)

I went to the showroom to see the screen before. However regardless where you buy from, you will need to assemble yourself.

olivier_sg

Reaction score
Hi Delson_Tan :D

you mean there? :s22::
Element5 Projector & Audio Pte Ltd
Reg. 201999888M
#03-02, 38 JLN Pemimpin, 577178

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Delson_Tan :D

you mean there? :s22::
Element5 Projector & Audio Pte Ltd
Reg. 201999888M
#03-02, 38 JLN Pemimpin, 577178

Yup. There's another vendor at LINK@AMK too. But they are selling don't know what brand and it is a hard screen (something like a big piece of wooden board that is like 30kg). You can Google LINK@AMK and xiaomi projector, you can find them.

My personal preference is actually XYScreen even though you need to self assemble, I think it's lighter and lesser risk of falling off the wall due to weight.

olivier_sg

Reaction score
Thank you Delson_Tan: I have contacted Element5 Projector & Audio Pte Ltd and they confirmed they have 100 and 110" >> Perfect!!

klilynwong

Reaction score
Anybody got contact no. for Element5? Would like to view the XYscreen for UST projector. Thanks

No offence but XY last MO quotation was $970 incl. shipping to a collection point in Singapore. We manage to make it $900 cash & carry locally. If you buy bundle still have discount. Why not consider a "mass order" here? LOL

What I really concern is "NO logo". If no logo, I suggest do not cite "XY brand" or link. It confuse not only readers but also me. Thanks!

cedekh1

Reaction score
Hi. Can the Fabulus screen or the XY-Pet Crystal screen be installed onto the wooden feature wall?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.