MBP accessories

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, MacBooks should not be covered with sleeve while using. You want the MacBook to be well-ventilated and dissipate heat thru the metal unibody.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ionai6

Reaction score
NOTE: As a relatively new user, I am not allowed to post URLs

I recently bought a 13" MacBook pro, and go the following Baseus USB-C hub:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus Mirror Type-C HUB Adapter Convertor (Type-C to 3 x USB3.0 + HDMI + PD + RJ45)

It's been working wonderfully and I have been happy with it. Delivery was relatively quick as the seller (GMX) is based in Singapore.

I have also been toying with the idea of buying the following magnetic charging cable:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus 86W Magnetic USB Type C Cable For Macbook Elbow Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 PD 3.0 Quick Charge USB C Cable

What I really need though is a (second) USB-C wall charger for the MacBook Pro. The one that looks best to me in my search so far is the "Mazer EnerG Travel 360 65W PD3.0+QC3.0+USB-AX2 Fast Charger".

Unfortunately, I can't tell difference between that product and the "Mazer EnerG.BOOST 65W TRAVEL USB-C PD+QC3.0 Wall Charger"

If any of you have an answer, or if you can recommend another wall charger, do share. Thanks!

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus Mirror Type-C HUB Adapter Convertor (Type-C to 3 x USB3.0 + HDMI + PD + RJ45)

It's been working wonderfully and I have been happy with it. Delivery was relatively quick as the seller (GMX) is based in Singapore.

I have also been toying with the idea of buying the following magnetic charging cable:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus 86W Magnetic USB Type C Cable For Macbook Elbow Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 PD 3.0 Quick Charge USB C Cable

What I really need though is a (second) USB-C wall charger for the MacBook Pro. The one that looks best to me in my search so far is the "Mazer EnerG Travel 360 65W PD3.0+QC3.0+USB-AX2 Fast Charger".

Unfortunately, I can't tell difference between that product and the "Mazer EnerG.BOOST 65W TRAVEL USB-C PD+QC3.0 Wall Charger"

If any of you have an answer, or if you can recommend another wall charger, do share. Thanks!

One comes with 1 USB-A port the other comes with 2x USB-A ports. That’s about it.

But I’ll still recommend Anker or Xiaomi 65W USB-C PD charger.

ksksksks

Reaction score
I won’t say the maz energ travel is attractive at that price point ($99) unless you really need the travel adapters.

U can easily get ugreen 65w UK charger for less than half the price of maz energy.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Yes Anker has a lot of new charger that adopts the GaN technology but most are using US 2 pin plug.

The highest wattage available in a UK plug is just 30W for now.

One comes with 1 USB-A port the other comes with 2x USB-A ports. That’s about it.

ionai6

Reaction score
I won’t say the maz energ travel is attractive at that price point ($99) unless you really need the travel adapters.

Sadly I do. And in particular, I need a plug for Australia. I could, of course, just use a standard travel adapter, but it would be nice to have a 'streamlined' charger if I could.

ionai6

Reaction score

Thanks for pointing me to Xiaomi's and Anker's chargers. A search on Lazada and Shopee for both turned up only units with US-plugs. If I had to have a unit with just one plug, then I would prefer Australian first, and UK/Singapore second - I should have mentioned it earlier. So, I'm afraid I will have to give this one a pass.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ionai6

Reaction score
I got this before my Macbook Pro 2018 delivery. I find it cumbersome each time I want to attach my ipad,iphone and external hdd.will sell it off, prefer to use usb c cables instead.

I can see how it could be cumbersome.

I also bought four USB-A to USB-C converters (search "Baseus USB Type C OTG Adapter Male to USB Female Type-c OTG Converter" on Lazada/Shopee) to use with existing USB-A devices when I need to connect only one device. They work with my existing portable external HDDs and with the iPhone/iPad, although I am not technically-savvy enough to be able to comment on the speed of data transfers from/to portable HDDs.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.