NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

DAWL123

Reaction score
Hello, my status was also changed. Did your 'withdraw' button disappear too?
When is your interview date and do you have to do the EPT? Because I did not receive any notification for EPT today but my status is still "In Process" :(

Max_power

Reaction score
When is your interview date and do you have to do the EPT? Because I did not receive any notification for EPT today but my status is still "In Process" :(

4 July as shared earlier. Nope, no notification. When was yours? Maybe it is processed in batches.

heelheel

Reaction score
Hi guys, just an update, after I received the ept update email, I received another email stating the following:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview.

We*would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be*19 December 2019,*barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 19 December 2019, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by*7 November 2019.*

Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.

Hi, I received this email yesterday at 3pm too. I went for the interview on 3rd July, Wednesday for Primary School (Eng & Maths). I didn't receive any EPT email too. I guess I am exempted?

However, I just login to career gov portal to check, and my status is still shown as "In Process". But I am quite worried that those who have received the above email, their status has changed to "Shortlisted", while mine is still "In Process". :(

Max_power

Reaction score
Hi, I received this email yesterday at 3pm too. I went for the interview on 3rd July, Wednesday for Primary School (Eng & Maths). I didn't receive any EPT email too. I guess I am exempted?

However, I just login to career gov portal to check, and my status is still shown as "In Process". But I am quite worried that those who have received the above email, their status has changed to "Shortlisted", while mine is still "In Process". :(

You should be exempted if you have indicated your availability for the Aug 1 session and did not receive any email.

Don't worry about the status, I think it should be updated over the next few days. Let's keep each other updated.

Last edited:

heelheel

Reaction score
You should be exempted if you have indicated your availability for the Aug 1 session and did not receive any email.

Don't worry about the status, I think it should be updated over the next few years. Let's keep each other updated.

Hi, I didnt receive any email about EPT to ask about my availability too. I only just received the email that you received yesterday only. :(

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was during 11th July. Hopefully, fingers crossed. :/
Hello. I think we should be hearing some updates from them by next week. It seems like they are processing applications in batches as those who got shortlisted this week went for their interview in the first week of July.

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am shortlisted for Pri Eng and Maths. Anyway, I just received EPT confirmation for 1 Aug. Those who have to take EPT should be receiving the notice soon too.
Best of luck for your EPT. Did you also receive a SMS notification informing you of the EPT confirmation?

badchoices

Reaction score
Best of luck for your EPT. Did you also receive a SMS notification informing you of the EPT confirmation?

Thanks Nugeme! :) Yes, I did. I received a SMS to inform me there will be an email coming in. The email came in a few seconds after. It’s a good thing if yall are exempted from EPT! EPT is like one more hurdle I have to overcome ><

badchoices

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find more learning resources for EL EPT? Or can anyone provide me with any tips on how I can prepare for it? So far I could only find a sample on the MOE website. Greatly appreciated if anyone can help! :)

Last edited:

Aidan888

Reaction score

Same as you. Went for interview on 3rd July for Pri Eng and Maths and got the same email that they are processing. In career gov status say still in process but no email for EPT. I am worried too

strangerjun

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got shortlisted for PE as teaching subject? Applied few times but failed. Should I change teaching subject for better chance?

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Teaching another subject

Has anyone encountered the situation in which you were asked if you were interested in teaching another subject? How did you react to it and what was the outcome? Thanks!

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered the situation in which you were asked if you were interested in teaching another subject? How did you react to it and what was the outcome? Thanks!

Hi, was asked if I was keen to teach Art (Sec) near the end of my interview last week.

Was surprised but I guess they felt that I was more suitable at the secondary level after experiencing my teaching demo. I replied saying that I'm open to both, though I prefer to stick to my originally shortlisted subject. Which was Art (Pri), due to my love of teaching children. They then followed up with questions as to why and I explained till they were satisfied (Hopefully?).

Still recieved the EPT availability email this week, which could be good news? Fingers crossed with you while we wait for the much awaited 2nd email everyone seems to be getting this week.

Last edited:

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Thanks Nugeme! :) Yes, I did. I received a SMS to inform me there will be an email coming in. The email came in a few seconds after. It’s a good thing if yall are exempted from EPT! EPT is like one more hurdle I have to overcome ><

All the best for your EL EPT.
By the way, did you state that you were available for both 1 Aug and 15 Aug?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.