New EC at Sumang Walk

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't just look at the site plan, should survey the actual site itself.

This "river" is very narrow, and just across the "river" are HDB flats. The "river view" is actually looking at the opposite HDB flats. Stack 11 is amongst the most expensive at over $1100 psf for the so called "river view".

The "river" at RF is wider and opposite the "river" is empty land, the "river view" at RF is unblock view and far better than the Sumang EC.
Good point! Thanks for sharing

tomylwc

Reaction score
The other unit that was on my shortlist was stack 18, 8th floor. Nice number 08-18 $1.5236 mil on DFP :(

But its near the road and river facing is overhyped. Tmr I'm balloting and aiming for 3 bedroom premium.

All rest of ecs onwards will be at this price. I feel the location of this ec has most potential compared to upcoming ecs. Will most likely appreciate once MOP. And this is why tmr turn out will be huge.

Clazav

Reaction score
Sg will never be like hk. Hk has already demonstrated a negative example so our gov will not move toward that direction.

And that's the kicker. I can see these crazy prices continuing to increase just basing on fundamentals. Land in Singapore is scarce, government is trying to increase the population. I can see Singapore turning into Hong Kong one day. From this perspective, do you think anyone cares if they bought property at 1,300PSF or another place at 1,000PSF?

In the long run, all home owners are winners.

And no... I'm not an estate agent :D

sukidexun

Reaction score
Sg will never be like hk. Hk has already demonstrated a negative example so our gov will not move toward that direction.

He is referring to property prices. I also don't understand why hk property so bloody expensive. So many gangsters too. If i am a super rich guy, i will invest in sg for sure. Very safe.

Look at dyson. Buy property like buying accessories.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is referring to property prices. I also don't understand why hk property so bloody expensive. So many gangsters too. If i am a super rich guy, i will invest in sg for sure. Very safe.

Look at dyson. Buy property like buying accessories.

I think new BTOs will remain relatively affordable (in tandem w wage growth), however, it’s difficult to say the same about P.C. because foreigners are eligible to buy it, which can drive up prices real fast esp CCR.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I think new BTOs will remain relatively affordable (in tandem w wage growth), however, it’s difficult to say the same about P.C. because foreigners are eligible to buy it, which can drive up prices real fast esp CCR.

so not sure if we should thank them for buying our properties. Buy too many ppl think our market still got demand. Nobody buy then scare market crash.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.5mil for wat size???

I actually went to the actual site to survey because was seriously considering.
There are HDB flats, but still ok if stack 11 and very high up, because there is still the swimming pool. Also, while sitting at the HDB blocks, it was really windy, so I guess it should be very windy at the higher floors. Especially when wind is able to pass through the centre of the development unblocked.

Not just that, stack 11 is not facing any major roads, so any unwanted sounds should be quite low.

Because I am planning for the deferred payment scheme..... it starts at 1.5 mil even for the lowest floor, which is the maximum we can afford without too much stress after including all the resale levy and stamp duty and etc.

讲到完 I am just too incapable lor. Mid thirties liao still need to 倾家荡产 then can even consider a unit I like.

Emolisher

Reaction score
But its near the road and river facing is overhyped. Tmr I'm balloting and aiming for 3 bedroom premium.

All rest of ecs onwards will be at this price. I feel the location of this ec has most potential compared to upcoming ecs. Will most likely appreciate once MOP. And this is why tmr turn out will be huge.

Amazed at suddenly so many ppl posting abt the hype and supporting the sales lol.. makes me wonder all these account are made just to confuse people

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually went to the actual site to survey because was seriously considering.
There are HDB flats, but still ok if stack 11 and very high up, because there is still the swimming pool. Also, while sitting at the HDB blocks, it was really windy, so I guess it should be very windy at the higher floors. Especially when wind is able to pass through the centre of the development unblocked.

Not just that, stack 11 is not facing any major roads, so any unwanted sounds should be quite low.

Because I am planning for the deferred payment scheme..... it starts at 1.5 mil even for the lowest floor, which is the maximum we can afford without too much stress after including all the resale levy and stamp duty and etc.

讲到完 I am just too incapable lor. Mid thirties liao still need to 倾家荡产 then can even consider a unit I like.

It is better not to over-leverage for an EC that has only 99 years lease. Nowadays, the facilities of a condo/EC are quite tiny and over-crowded.

A well-located BTO is really much more value for money. The rest of the money can be saved up for a bread-and-butter car and for a rainy day.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually I also think river facing is overhyped.

But I just want to say say. Good luck with balloting!

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
It is better not to over-leverage for an EC that has only 99 years lease. Nowadays, the facilities of a condo/EC are quite tiny and over-crowded.

A well-located BTO is really much more value for money. The rest of the money can be saved up for a bread-and-butter car and for a rainy day.

After exhausting all savings and investments, then my estimate is left with about $350k loan. Because sell HDB also need to pay back accrued CPF interest, so lesser amount to pull out.

Not many well-located BTOs in the Hougang/Sengkang/Seletar area. Need this area as that is where my parents and parents in law are staying.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
All rest of ecs onwards will be at this price.
Regarding this, it should be the next few ECs that will be at this price (if Sumang does well). And that would be good and it will help suck up and dry the excess liquidity in the market.

The other two ECs I am considering
1) The Ola EC (Anchorvale Crescent), but lesser likelihood, as it should launch near $1.1k psf as well. Surrounding ECs were around $800 psf, so when time to sell, already lugi. Being that near a hospital also doesn't justify too high a psf.

2) Most interested: Fernvale Lane, beside Topiary. Haven't even open for developers to bid yet though. Nearby Greenwich (by Far East) and Seletar Park Residences (by Tuan Sing) going for $1.2k psf for plot ratio of 1.4 only. So got chance to be lower I hope.

Midlifecrisis

Reaction score
How much will be your estimated loan? 1 million?

After exhausting all savings and investments, then my estimate is left with about $350k loan. Because sell HDB also need to pay back accrued CPF interest, so lesser amount to pull out.

Not many well-located BTOs in the Hougang/Sengkang/Seletar area. Need this area as that is where my parents and parents in law are staying.

sukidexun

Reaction score

Sometimes stay far also good so no need to keep going back unless u need them to help u take care of kid. opps. buy hg central lo 8**. Dont buy sk for now becos hg is an interchange in the future if i am not wrong.

sukidexun

Reaction score

If the price is right, ppl also buy de. Its like haze. ppl thinking is that it wont be there forever.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
How much will be your estimated loan? 1 million?

350k loan after selling HDB, stocks, and pulling out funds from a major portion of investments.

But doesn't really matter for now since I am not going for balloting tomorrow. Meanwhile, if the next few ECs are about the same price, I will have time to grow my funds further so that it will be less stressful.

All else fails, remain in HDB, no stress also.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.