New EC at Sumang Walk

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
350k like OK leh. Very low, wat

350k loan after selling HDB, stocks, and pulling out funds from a major portion of investments.

But doesn't really matter for now since I am not going for balloting tomorrow. Meanwhile, if the next few ECs are about the same price, I will have time to grow my funds further so that it will be less stressful.

All else fails, remain in HDB, no stress also.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so not sure if we should thank them for buying our properties. Buy too many ppl think our market still got demand. Nobody buy then scare market crash.

The latest article on property index highlighted the demand for foreign buyers seem resilient, I think that’s why CCR and RCT prices increasing.

sukidexun

Reaction score
The latest article on property index highlighted the demand for foreign buyers seem resilient, I think that’s why CCR and RCT prices increasing.

Here low crime rate and no natural disasters ma. Asian countries cannot fight with ang mo but funny thing is that our property prices are much more ex than theirs.

scratch head.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here low crime rate and no natural disasters ma. Asian countries cannot fight with ang mo but funny thing is that our property prices are much more ex than theirs.

scratch head.

I think the main reason is cos we are land scarce, yet we have a thriving business hub and an educated workforce.

How many housing can the govt build that is located near an MRT/ popular Sch/malls? There is limited land near such areas.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I think the main reason is cos we are land scarce, yet we have a thriving business hub and an educated workforce.

How many housing can the govt build that is located near an MRT/ popular Sch/malls? There is limited land near such areas.

No matter how well the country is doing as long as got earthquake or others, i wont invest. Hand of god no claim de. not gg to lose millions and lose everything overnight

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No matter how well the country is doing as long as got earthquake or others, i wont invest. Hand of god no claim de. not gg to lose millions and lose everything overnight

Yup, I think that’s why ppl invest in Singapore properties. Singapore is quite a safe haven. And ppl have made gains on BTO, ECs and P.C. in the longer horizon.

Midlifecrisis

Reaction score
Almost ridiculous to think 1.5 million 10 years ago would have gotten you a freehold landed terrace in serangoon or east coast. If someone would have me then that an EC of 1200 sqft would cost more 10 years later, I would think he was a lunatic.

Yup, I think that’s why ppl invest in Singapore properties. Singapore is quite a safe haven. And ppl have made gains on BTO, ECs and P.C. in the longer horizon.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Almost ridiculous to think 1.5 million 10 years ago would have gotten you a freehold landed terrace in serangoon or east coast. If someone would have me then that an EC of 1200 sqft would cost more 10 years later, I would think he was a lunatic.

You cannot like that compare. Back in the days, not alot of ppl dare to make the move n pay wasnt very high which is why the rich get richer becos they got money.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That was something I shared the exact sentiments about. But that is always retrospectively. No one would know that today an EC crosses 1xxx psf either.

In 5 years time, perhaps a 1 bedroom unit in OCR starts at 800k- 900k, given that 1 bedroom in some RCR locations are already close to 1 mil.

To those balloting tmr, all the best in securing your choice units!

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
350k like OK leh. Very low, wat

Only ok if interest rates remain low for the next 29 years.

If ever interest rates rise coupled with economic downturn....

We had a good 10+ years of low interest rates. Will we have another 30?

alibaba02

Reaction score
Probably might not be sold out or achieve high percentage of sales tomorrow. I choose not to apply for the e application. The agent that I met still texted me to share with me the averages prices and ask me to consider. I might be wrong though. Good luck to those who are balloting tomorrow.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Majority are 2nd timer, so yeah highly likely wun achieve high percentage tmr

Probably might not be sold out or achieve high percentage of sales tomorrow. I choose not to apply for the e application. The agent that I met still texted me to share with me the averages prices and ask me to consider. I might be wrong though. Good luck to those who are balloting tomorrow.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
A good sale will then convince people that this psf is cheap. Should help CDL sell their Sengkang Central Residences at 1.6k psf easier.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually 1.5mil - 30kgrant then assume unit size is 1400 psf is 1050 mah. Think still ok

A good sale will then convince people that this psf is cheap. Should help CDL sell their Sengkang Central Residences at 1.6k psf easier.

bojangle

Reaction score
The other unit that was on my shortlist was stack 18, 8th floor. Nice number 08-18 $1.5236 mil on DFP :(

ec for low floor at 1.5mil ?

just remember one thing, in 5yrs, 10yrs or even 20yrs later. An EC is forever an EC when comes to comparison with PC even when it privatized. That's the mindset of most sinkies.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
ec for low floor at 1.5mil ?

just remember one thing, in 5yrs, 10yrs or even 20yrs later. An EC is forever an EC when comes to comparison with PC even when it privatized. That's the mindset of most sinkies.
the same mindset also thinks property psf will rise another 20% and ec "sure earn"

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
The agent has been sending me videos of the balloting site early this morning even though I had informed him yesterday that I'm not going to the balloting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.