New EC at Sumang Walk

runforyourlife

Reaction score
After exhausting all savings and investments, then my estimate is left with about $350k loan. Because sell HDB also need to pay back accrued CPF interest, so lesser amount to pull out.

Not many well-located BTOs in the Hougang/Sengkang/Seletar area. Need this area as that is where my parents and parents in law are staying.

Then you should always roll out the cpf since it’ll never belong to you.

Keep inside if you’re from a rich family.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
ec for low floor at 1.5mil ?

just remember one thing, in 5yrs, 10yrs or even 20yrs later. An EC is forever an EC when comes to comparison with PC even when it privatized. That's the mindset of most sinkies.

1.5mil for a 1356sf unit = $1106 psf, and haven't include the stamp duty and resale levy to the cost yet. This EC is very expensive.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Then you should always roll out the cpf since it’ll never belong to you.

Keep inside if you’re from a rich family.

Factor in liao. I spent hours tweaking my excel spreadsheet until I think is ok.

Then come the high high price.

Good practice though.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
My agent friend just updated me, stack 11 for 4 bedders appear to have most number of people booking it.

10 out of 17 booked it.

bojangle

Reaction score
1.5mil for a 1356sf unit = $1106 psf, and haven't include the stamp duty and resale levy to the cost yet. This EC is very expensive.

wow..thats almost 1.2k if add in levy and DPS. Might as well get a PC elsewhere with some top-up. The quantum and loan package totally different, if get resale PC even more straight forward that you can live comfortably and happily. The difference is that the funds in hand will be better managed, you will have more cpf funds left behind for rainy days/ investments. Now I hv my cpf funds covered for at least 12yrs repayment if I decide to sack my boss. At least enough to bang table with him. :s13::s13:

I should thank my agent friend that pulled me off from 100palms, I nvr knew buying PC can be better in fund manage after he explained. After moved in for over a year, my x-value is 200k gained. Not much diff if compare to 100palms paper value, but I already enjoy staying in. =:p

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Path-Finder

Reaction score
U got a new launch or resale PC? I m exploring alternatives after decided against gg for balloting this morning. Haha

wow..thats almost 1.2k if add in levy and DPS. Might as well get a PC elsewhere with some top-up. The quantum and loan package totally different, if get resale PC even more straight forward that you can live comfortably and happily. The difference is that the funds in hand will be better managed, you will have more cpf funds left behind for rainy days/ investments. Now I hv my cpf funds covered for at least 12yrs repayment if I decide to sack my boss. At least enough to bang table with him. :s13::s13:

I should thank my agent friend that pulled me off from 100palms, I nvr knew buying PC can be better in fund manage after he explained. After moved in for over a year, my x-value is 200k gained. Not much diff if compare to 100palms paper value, but I already enjoy staying in. =:p

gyvtvtgy

Reaction score
Do update us the result. This EC sales performance will more or less determine the market value indicators sentiments for buyers. If this EC with 1200/sqft with good sell out, its must easier for other developers to justify their existing PC projects selling price. Thanks in advance.

Still balloting..hvnt finish

bojangle

Reaction score
U got a new launch or resale PC? I m exploring alternatives after decided against gg for balloting this morning. Haha

got a young resale less than 10yrs old. I dun even need to find a place to stay 1st after sold my flat, played the handling over/taking over timing well and moved in. Still hv 2mths to do reno before moved in.

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree, this EC is not cheap, but the next one coming up is gonna be higher..

In other words, developers are taking most of us as suckers who will pay higher and higher, so they dare to bid higher and higher. :(

If the next one is even higher, then slapping on resale levy (almost $50 psf), it will be the same as a private condo already. And have to consider MSR vs TDSR for a same psf condo at a not as good location (anchorvale crescent vs riverfront residences for example).

Hmmm

Path-Finder

Reaction score
U mind to pm me which project it is? Thanks

got a young resale less than 10yrs old. I dun even need to find a place to stay 1st after sold my flat, played the handling over/taking over timing well and moved in. Still hv 2mths to do reno before moved in.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
And some believe the developers are obliged to sell to them the Lexus -at- Toyota - price cheaper.

Not really.

The land price of some of the other plots are lower than this one.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.