Sending iMessage without phone no

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just added someone’s email to my phone list. Don’t have a mobile no, just email. And i noticed the option for iMessage & Facetime popped up.

So its possible to iMessage someone even though i only have an email and no mobile no?

laucm

Reaction score
Yes. Possible.
My Wi-Fi only iPad doesn't have phone no.
But I can iMessage and FaceTime to the iPad with the registered email address.

Just added someone’s email to my phone list. Don’t have a mobile no, just email. And i noticed the option for iMessage & Facetime popped up.

So its possible to iMessage someone even though i only have an email and no mobile no?

PetPet

Reaction score

Yes it is possible

Yes. Possible.
My Wi-Fi only iPad doesn't have phone no.
But I can iMessage and FaceTime to the iPad with the registered email address.

It will also receive iMessages to your phone number so long your iPhone and iPad is signed on using the same Apple ID and that you have opted to use your phone number as a iMessage ID.

How to remove the phone number from iMessage?

Settings -> iMessage.
Turn off iMessage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.