WEMAX projector discussion

Dchook88

Reaction score
Yes, it is released and ready for viewing already.
Actually two models were released recently

The hi-end model is "A300", it has a 250 NIT screen brightness,
Another one is "wemax 4k cinema" very similar to "xiaomi 4K" but improved ventilation.

A300, wemax 4k cinema, wemax one PRO, all available for demo in our showroom at Jalan Pemimpin, Marymount. Also available a "xiaomi 4K" for comparison.

We are agent of Wemax and XY Screen. We do not comment which one (xiaomi or wemax) is better but you are always welcome to view by yourself.

I’m going to go upgrading my current first generation Xiaomi projector to either the a300 or wemax 4K.

Vincent Teo said on YouTube the mijia 4K was locked into 60hz
Does the new versions have manual or auto adjustment for lower refresh rates? To avoid juddering?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, me also looking to upgrade. Do you see a significant difference between FHD and 4K?

I’m going to go upgrading my current first generation Xiaomi projector to either the a300 or wemax 4K.

Vincent Teo said on YouTube the mijia 4K was locked into 60hz
Does the new versions have manual or auto adjustment for lower refresh rates? To avoid juddering?

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
This is the new LG 4K laser projector that’s just announced, don’t think anyone has it yet.

Would like to see the demo as the specs are way way better but the price also jaw dropping. See if it's really worth that extra money.

diqiang.

Reaction score
I’ve been following the UST projector scene since WeMax One Pro days, and I finally bought the a300 projector. I decided to get a projector because my wife and I wanted a big screen, and any 4K TV bigger than 100” is crazily expensive.

Anyway, main reason for the purchase has more to do with the value of the product than the service rendered. This projector can project up to 150” in True 4K and has a decent sound system, and has a brightness of 250 nits, which translates to 9000 Lumens. This means that the image won’t be washed out even when watching in the day.

All in all, I’m really glad with my purchase and I hope this review will be helpful to any of you who have been contemplating to purchase a UST projector!

P.S. I purchased the projector from Ken (Element5_Projector_Audio) who has always been patient to explain the intricacies all the way since WeMax One Pro days around 1 year ago. You can find him through Facebook as Appotronics Wemax Singapore. He will also be joining the exhibition at the upcoming Comex show but you’ll have to get more details from the man himself.

Cheers everyone!

Edit: Does anyone have a good Netflix apk to share?

Last edited:

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve been following the UST projector scene since WeMax One Pro days, and I finally bought the a300 projector. I decided to get a projector because my wife and I wanted a big screen, and any 4K TV bigger than 100” is crazily expensive.

Anyway, main reason for the purchase has more to do with the value of the product than the service rendered. This projector can project up to 150” in True 4K and has a decent sound system, and has a brightness of 250 nits, which translates to 9000 Lumens. This means that the image won’t be washed out even when watching in the day.

All in all, I’m really glad with my purchase and I hope this review will be helpful to any of you who have been contemplating to purchase a UST projector!

P.S. I purchased the projector from Ken (Element5_Projector_Audio) who has always been patient to explain the intricacies all the way since WeMax One Pro days around 1 year ago. You can find him through Facebook as Appotronics Wemax Singapore. He will also be joining the exhibition at the upcoming Comex show but you’ll have to get more details from the man himself.

Cheers everyone!

Yup ken is Best person to get it from

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm also contemplating to upgrade to A300, but they don't do trade in. How much did u paid for the A300? Can pm me if can't reveal here?

Cheers everyone!

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Sorry just to check, will the installation of the projector,/ screen come from the vendor selling the projector? If so it’ll be good. If not means have to do full Reno den do huh.

petetherock

Reaction score
Sorry just to check, will the installation of the projector,/ screen come from the vendor selling the projector? If so it’ll be good. If not means have to do full Reno den do huh.

If you buy the screen, pay for the installation, yes...

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score

I understand that for XYScreen (local or China) it will be self assembly and installation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.