Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

fongwk8

Reaction score
Wow, only our old SQ planes are using the dual socket... Lol

HAHAHA yes... and one of the KLM planes are using the dual socket (but they give out the dual-socket to 3.5mm adapter to everyone for free) on the plane.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA yes... and one of the KLM planes are using the dual socket (but they give out the dual-socket to 3.5mm adapter to everyone for free) on the plane.

So buying the dual socket is still safer as can only use one socket if needed.

Xanthyon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've finally whacked one set from Qoo10 at $269.

$349 - 34.9 (10% off Stereo coupon) - 30 ($30 off 200 coupon) and pay $284.1 using 200 Qcoin (worth $269) :o

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$349 - 34.9 (10% off Stereo coupon) - 30 ($30 off 200 coupon) and pay $284.1 using 200 Qcoin (worth $269) :o

Nice. All using same method of payment then we all getting at 269 instead.

DavidPeel

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Would like to ask existing users a question. My WF-1000XM3 gets a lot of signal interference when I was at busy malls. It's quite unbearable, signal keeps breaking every other minute as I walk through busy malls.

Is this common for bluetooth earbuds? Or is it just my set that is defective? I love the sound of my WF-1000XM3 and would really hate to return it. Just want to confirm if my set is defective or this is a common issue for bluetooth earbuds so I should just bear with it?

Last edited:

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Would like to ask existing users a question. My WF-1000XM3 gets a lot of signal interference when I was at busy malls. It's quite unbearable, signal keeps breaking every other minute as I walk through busy malls.

Is this common for bluetooth earbuds? Or is it just my set that is defective? I love the sound of my WF-1000XM3 and would really hate to return it. Just want to confirm if my set is defective or this is a common issue for bluetooth earbuds so I should just bear with it?

Does it only happen on one bud or both buds? Maybe you can try isolating the problem by using just one bud on either side and see if the problem only occurs with a particular bud.

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where do you all find the $30 coupon? Can share with me?

DavidPeel

Reaction score
Does it only happen on one bud or both buds? Maybe you can try isolating the problem by using just one bud on either side and see if the problem only occurs with a particular bud.

Both are affected but it seems the right one is more susceptible.

I tried switching to Priority to Connection. Improvement is barely noticeable. Also tried turning off the ANC, same results.

The last resort that I have yet to try is to turn off the wifi on my phone since the biggest suspect is wifi interference. Even so, it's quite sad to have to turn off wifi to have good connection to earbuds.

Does anyone here experience the same or all of the users have a fuss free experience in the mall? If all of you do not have the same experience, I will definitely return my set for a refund.

DavidPeel

Reaction score
anyone tried to connect to desktop/laptop?

Just tried this morning. Not good. Managed to pair but not connected for audio. Even during pairing, couldn't see WF-1000XM3 name, I have to chance it on a weird random-looking model name.

I'll try again later perhaps.

biggirl20

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried this morning. Not good. Managed to pair but not connected for audio. Even during pairing, couldn't see WF-1000XM3 name, I have to chance it on a weird random-looking model name.

I'll try again later perhaps.

thank you~

i guess i have to cancel my order if it cant or pair lousy with desktop/laptop as i mostly use for my web surfing. :(

DavidPeel

Reaction score
thank you~

i guess i have to cancel my order if it cant or pair lousy with desktop/laptop as i mostly use for my web surfing. :(

I'm guessing it will be improved after updates?

I understand that the WH-1000XM3 connects to Windows 10 without much problem.

Perhaps it's just me being noob at it.

biggirl20

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be improved after updates?

I understand that the WH-1000XM3 connects to Windows 10 without much problem.

Perhaps it's just me being noob at it.

saw on reddit that people r experiencing this as well, so it's sony prob :s22:

not sure firmware will help with this in the future.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Which phone are u using?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So buying the dual socket is still safer as can only use one socket if needed.

No point buying unless you are a frequent flyer otherwise the battery will konk out in no time like any other battery-operated device...... unless you always charge it

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Not just busy mall. If you walk into Challenger, Expos or those electronic stores where they on the many wifi/Bluetooth devices your connection is sure to be affected due to signal interference

You try in your house and if it's not affected then the above is correct

Last edited:

DavidPeel

Reaction score
Not just busy mall. If you walk into Challenger, Expos or those electronic stores where they on the many wifi/Bluetooth devices your connection is sure to be affected due to interference

You try in your house and if it's not affected then the above is correct

I'm talking about walking around open spaces in the mall, not even walking into electronic stores. The interference is quite frequent, it's annoying.

It's fine at home and occasional signal drop when strolling outdoors (once every 10 to 15 minutes).

So this is normal? Then I should not return my set.

However it's sad because I was hoping Truly Wireless will be the great solution to portable audio I was hoping for. Absolutely do not like wires and headphones are not comfortable.

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So this is normal? Then I should not return my set.

However it's sad because I was hoping Truly Wireless will be the great solution to portable audio I was hoping for. Absolutely do not like wires and headphones are not comfortable.

Just make sure it's not specific to a ear bud but occurs on both the ear buds otherwise that ear bud is liky to be defective

Malls have free WiFi and those stores like McDonald's, KFCs etc have free WiFi as well. Try walking outside the mall and test it vs walking inside the mall

BTW, is your phone also Bluetooth 5.0?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.