New EC at Sumang Walk

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U n Yr kids deserve the good environment a Condo provides

Go get an EC or pte condo now!!!

Never say never. I did hit 300k+ by age 30. Solo.
But work 80+ hours a week for that.

Now I relax liao, plus expenses up a lot due to children. Cannot achieve same results le.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I didn't go for balloting. :)

But I also like go see see showflats 😂

I like visiting showflats but when out of budget, I also feel compelled not to waste my agent time, though he is always very reassuring that it’s not a waste of time.

Maybe there should be a thread that compiles the latest showflat pics. Anyone has more of piermont grand ones?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Momoeagle has missed out the opportunity to upgrade to EC, no?
Cheap ECs were a dime a dozen only 1-2 years ago
ago.
It is a nice stepping stone for many hdb couples.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Momoeagle has missed out the opportunity to upgrade to EC, no?
Cheap ECs were a dime a dozen only 1-2 years ago
ago.
It is a nice stepping stone for many hdb couples.

Nope, MOPed only start of this year. I didn't qualify 1-2 years ago anyway. Already posted this as reply to you earlier to your similar question, but I guess you don't really have the ability to read, so shall kindly post it for you again.
(In case you are wondering, yes, I am treating you as someone with a mental problem, so I am doing some charity here.)

So how about you Merg91? Hope all is fine with you.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatsoever you say about me & it is a missed opportunity.
The frustration is understandable on seeing the same thing but ought to pay a lot higher now. ,especially an item which costs easily hundreds of thousands more.

Of course,there were always some smart /overqualified couples who skipped HDBs & went direct into ECs.

Last edited:

josephcws

Reaction score
Why so much angst here? This forum serves as a platform for everyone to share their opinions, we can always agree to disagree, but would it not be better to offer alternate views in a courteous manner, instead of always putting others down when their opinions differ from yours.

Everyone is bound by their own circumstances, which others may not know. I think we refer to information shared by others, consider views by others, which is the main point of discussion forums like this, is it not?

Life is tough enough already, just live happily and try not to add more woes to our already tough lives.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, MOPed only start of this year. I didn't qualify 1-2 years ago anyway. Already posted this as reply to you earlier to your similar question, but I guess you don't really have the ability to read, so shall kindly post it for you again.
(In case you are wondering, yes, I am treating you as someone with a mental problem, so I am doing some charity here.)

So how about you Merg91? Hope all is fine with you.

Looks like I am not the only one with the same thoughts about mergui..

I have tolerated with his crap since last year. Sometimes I could not take it and told him off. Unfortunately certain individuals saw me as a "bully".:o

For your info, he is someone who bought Propnex IPO and Mergui Road Condo. Both of which are all losing money. Perhaps we should just bear with and pity him. Allow him to loosen up here.

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatsoever you say & it is a missed opportunity.
The frustration is understandable on seeing the same thing but pay a lot higher.

There are always some smart couples who skipped HDBs & went direct into ECs.

I see you are so bothered that you aren't even able to answer about yourself. Cool down bro.

Don't worry, there is no frustration. I did my maths, and apparently, the opportunity cost of having gone direct into EC 7 years ago would have made me financially much worse off. I'm quite lazy to explain and I doubt you will understand anyway.

Like I said, and I am repeating it, there is no need to fear paying higher.
Merg91, are you that scared of paying a lot higher?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one with the same thoughts about mergui..

I have tolerated with his crap since last year. Sometimes I could not take it and told him off. Unfortunately certain individuals saw me as a "bully".:o

For your info, he is someone who bought Propnex IPO and Mergui Road Condo. Both of which are all losing money. Perhaps we should just bear with and pity him. Allow him to loosen up here.

Aiyah, it is an online forum, I don't bother anyway nor do I care what life changing event happened to him to cause him to behave in this manner.

Everyone happy can liao. :s13: Play play a bit posting here and there can le.

7 years ago, when I applied for BTO a while after graduation, I have almost nothing to my name. What to do, young and incapable mah. :(

So while you go your NS hor, don't be like me slack slack. Must read a lot of self help books to learn as much as you can. Singapore library lots of books to read one, learn for free.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Good a not is relative.
It might have reached a price point where most people are not willing or not able to fork out more. I fall into second category, of "not able".

Followed your advice and looked at last few ECs around the area.
Rivercove 2.5X oversubscribed, 80% sold on first day
Hundred Palms 5.4X oversubscribed, 100% sold on first day
Treasure Crest 2.1X oversubscribed, >70% sold on first day

Will be interesting to see how The Ola Ec will perform next at a similar psf price point, especially given it is near hospital and surrounding 3 ECs all ard $800 psf.

Aiyo. All the 3 EC u mentioned are underpriced lah, treasure crest so cheap and 100palm location so good for that pricing. Rivercove sold out so fast means value buy even though it is already more expensive than previous launch. Is a mistake pricing for all 3 ECs. If this Samsung ec launch at average 1000psf, it also will be sold out in the first month.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Aiyo. All the 3 EC u mentioned are underpriced lah, treasure crest so cheap and 100palm location so good for that pricing. Rivercove sold out so fast means value buy even though it is already more expensive than previous launch. Is a mistake pricing for all 3 ECs. If this Samsung ec launch at average 1000psf, it also will be sold out in the first month.

Our BTO HDB flats are all sold out consistently, must be underpriced too. I will try to feedback to Lawrence to raise BTO prices.

If you are willing, do share your property ownership details so we know where you are coming from.

josephcws

Reaction score

Developer willing to sell at a certain price, buyers willing to buy at the price they set, this should be considered good pricing instead of under priced right? I am sure the developer did their homework, they factor in the margin they want to make and release their calculated launch price.

I am not sure why it becomes the case that now the sales is lower, it becomes good pricing instead. I think if the pricing is really right, the sales will reflect. Lets not forget that they kept emphasizing this project is the only EC project this year, and it was launched after sometime from the previous EC project. There should be a build up of pool of buyers wanting to get an EC. Still, opening day, no over-subscription, not even for 2nd timers.

Just facts and observations here.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree with you.
Projects sold out too fast mean the developers kumgong & many smart buyers who foresaw the upturn.
They are like underpriced Luckin IPO.

And the TOPs were at least 3 years away.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Underestimate the demand is common.
Developers, like anyone, want to maximise profits for the shareholders.
What's the point to give the buyers an instant +20%?

Developer willing to sell at a certain price, buyers willing to buy at the price they set, this should be considered good pricing instead of under priced right? I am sure the developer did their homework, they factor in the margin they want to make and release their calculated launch price.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why so much angst here? This forum serves as a platform for everyone to share their opinions, we can always agree to disagree, but would it not be better to offer alternate views in a courteous manner, instead of always putting others down when their opinions differ from yours.

Everyone is bound by their own circumstances, which others may not know. I think we refer to information shared by others, consider views by others, which is the main point of discussion forums like this, is it not?

Life is tough enough already, just live happily and try not to add more woes to our already tough lives.

Agreed. I am also one of those that had missed out on the boats that sailed by earlier (also missed the cheaper ECs), we can blame no one except reading more, understanding more and taking action when it’s right.

That’s the purpose of this thread, but DYODD peeps.

josephcws

Reaction score
Underestimate the demand is common.
Developers, like anyone, want to maximise profits for the shareholders.
What's the point to give the buyers an instant +20%?

Just like overestimating the price they can set, is also common. I am sure they go through the relevant discussions with their shareholders before setting the price. Since they are happy with the price they set, the buyers are happy to buy at the price they set, developers laughing their way to the banks, buyer smiling when opening their wallets, everyone happy, what is wrong with this?

I am sure the companies will not mind when news come out that the projects they launch are selling like hot cakes. It is a good thing is it not?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

I am not sure why it becomes the case that now the sales is lower, it becomes good pricing instead. I think if the pricing is really right, the sales will reflect. Lets not forget that they kept emphasizing this project is the only EC project this year, and it was launched after sometime from the previous EC project. There should be a build up of pool of buyers wanting to get an EC. Still, opening day, no over-subscription, not even for 2nd timers.

Just facts and observations here.
ok la. 2nd timers quota almost filled this round.

But first timer quota quite bad. 133 out of 574. Even without resale levy and potentially 30k grant.

I think this EC is priced to catch 2nd timers, and to set a base to justify the 16xx price for sengkang residences. Really a good strategy.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Few overestimate but many developers have huge holding power.
Anyway the projects are launched at least 3 years ahead of TOP & few are in a hurry to lelong off even if they have overpriced in some.

A project sold out too soon they launch = zero left.
It is not IPhones which they can churn out more
week /month.

Bidding for new plot is intense & never easy to win.
Whopping 17 bid for this Sumang & you won't know your competitors bid price.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...-bid-for-punggol-site-sets-record-for-ec-land

Just like overestimating the price they can set, is also common. I am sure they go through the relevant discussions with their shareholders before setting the price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.