s79w5PH.jpg

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lazada?
Haiz, the state of the retail scene in SLS is just so...

It like a terminally ill old lady, really sadden to see it in such sorry states.
Trying hard to buy locally (knowingly get "carrot"), until SLS last day...

Hope to preserve the fond memories of the good old days, where its fully pack like sardines on weekends...

Last edited:

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
It like a terminally ill old lady, really sadden to see it in such sorry states.

Hope to preserve the fond memories of the good old days, where its fully pack like sardine on e weekends...

That one is due to pirated discs

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That one is due to pirated discs

Run into an old timer...
Going further back, brought pirated D&D, ultima in floppies, 2400bauds modem from Funan centre. (the very first pricelists in SG). Practically, suck every penny of my weekly allowances...

Last edited:

slack

Master Member
Reaction score
so 1 more cooler is recommended for Ryzen 3600 build? + the stock cooler itself

if so, which one are decent one (not liquid)

I ordered a Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo from Amazon for abt S$64, from my research, its better than Cyroig H7 which PCT sells at S$60.

Going to pair it with a 3600 & tomahawk max or even a 3700x if I'm willing to pay $200 more.

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
Got a new rig but can't even get to POST :(. At first CPU LED was red, reseated a few times and now DRAM LED is red instead, could it be ram incompatibility? I've tried single stick of ram in all day slots...

Specs:
Ryzen 3600
MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi
2x 8gb DDR4 Vengeance LPX D3200C16

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Single-handedly saving SLS? :eek:

I ordered a Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo from Amazon for abt S$64...
Different colour different price, thought I saw them at Amazon Prime app for about S$55.

Do post feedback when you have installed it, thanks.

Got a new rig but can't even get to POST ...
Maybe post a photo or video of your rig.

You can also start a new thread at Corbell's MSI sub-forum for directed help from them.

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
experienced something funny today, cpu fan became very loud once i did anything
pulled up task mgr and found that for any process that is active, it always consumes very high cpu
once that process gets closed, another will take up high cpu

googled and found this
Open administrative command prompt and enter these commands, this resets power configs and idledisable feature which might have been enabled by mistake with the update

C:\WINDOWS\system32>PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000

C:\WINDOWS\system32>PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bcqxrg/100_cpu_usage_after_recent_windows_10_updates/

good info for anybody who experiences this

i have experienced this a few times. not sure what i've been doing to get 100% cpu usage

mobo is msi gaming plus
anybody else getting this issue?

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a new rig but can't even get to POST :(. At first CPU LED was red, reseated a few times and now DRAM LED is red instead, could it be ram incompatibility? I've tried single stick of ram in all day slots...

Specs:
Ryzen 3600

take out your mobo from your case, see if it works
could be you shorted your mobo against your case, thus rams cannot be read

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
B450 paired with Ryzen 3000 okay? I am looking at either 3600 or 3700x, but just for gaming which one should i get?

Reddit says alot of issues currently. Was intending to get a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC to use.

1)https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...erboards_with/ -why not X570? Because no need PCI 4.0 at the moment and hard to repair the fan

2) So use b450 or X470? Again, need to look at boards that can flash bios right?

3) Issues with flashing, some stated that b450 board can't work properly because the bios chip not enough MB.

4) should wait for b450 max instead? or other top up to x570? or even x470?

5) high temperature when idle/ high voltage?

First time builder here

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
B450 paired with Ryzen 3000 okay? I am looking at either 3600 or 3700x, but just for gaming which one should i get?

Reddit says alot of issues currently. Was intending to get a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC to use.

1)https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...erboards_with/ -why not X570? Because no need PCI 4.0 at the moment and hard to repair the fan

2) So use b450 or X470? Again, need to look at boards that can flash bios right?

3) Issues with flashing, some stated that b450 board can't work properly because the bios chip not enough MB.

First time builder here

b450 max already released, so go get it in sls

Reaction score

First time builder here

so far see quite a few store in SLS have b450 tomahawk max ;)

andymarsh

Reaction score
Interesting chart. Seems like a good performance point is 3200MHz CL16, although he concluded the 3200MHz CL16 Corsair LPX is running better than other brands. I wonder what die is the LPX running?

MagixuserII

Reaction score
so far see quite a few store in SLS have b450 tomahawk max ;)

Are they selling the mobo individually or need to buy bundle (cpu+mobo)? I tried to buy but either they sell in bundle or marked it up very high when buying just the motherboard. In the end bought MSI X470 Gaming plus without the max, since I will be using it for a Ryzen 7 2700.

Last edited:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are they selling the mobo individually or need to buy bundle (cpu+mobo)? I tried to buy but either they sell in bundle or marked it up very high when buying just the motherboard. In the end bought MSI X470 Gaming plus without the max, since I will be using it for a Ryzen 7 2700.

Best to buy in bundle

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.