New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I am not bullish, I am open to listening to facts and figures.

For someone who has not entered, why would I want to be bullish (I rather be hoping your residence can be sold at a huge discount right) but neither am I here to spread fear.

I am just stating the honest truth that indeed I had missed the market during the good old EC days, you are open to mock at me for not taking action during the 2013-2017 period, but do note in time when you are entering the market I believe prices will be a lot higher than now.

I never say u bullish ar... :s13:

Yes, 4/5 years later when I enter, prices are likely (not guaranteed) to be higher (not "a lot"). I do not have a choice. Will monitor the market and act accordingly when the time comes. Thanks for your concern.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Merg91 will mock la. We all objective one.

2013 time, stocks also cheap right? Got take massive action? Yes or no also doesn't matter. Because they are still nuggets of gems here and there.

We always say hindsight is 20/20. Is how we navigate the future that's more important.

For now, I'm really interested to see how Sumang will sell the remaining 1.5mil units to first timers. I don't qualify for it of course.

Haha you are right bro.
Hindsight is always easy. Jus learn, and I believe we would learn together, if we are not swayed by the negativity :)

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I just do not really understand why keep mentioning underpriced? It is not as though the developers are losing money selling their units at the launch price they set. If it is a win-win scenario for everyone, why not?

There is no one talking down the market but only many eager bulls.

I do not believe there is only one proeprty agent here.

ynwa00

Reaction score
Timing is really important and is very difficult to predict the cycle. While property does not guarantee success, It is always good to have various investment to diversify the risks and property is certainly one area to look at if we want to break away from our current situation.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Developers here rarely give discounts.
They rather give more agents commission so as not to offend the early birds.

Is it really 'early bird discount' or 'normal price'?
Different units differ in pricing thus you are offered 'discount'.
You are not buying a Huawei P30.

If there is really that few overestimation, the concept of discount will not exist le.

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Boon Keng DBSS flat is seriously underpriced lol

Our BTO HDB flats are all sold out consistently, must be underpriced too. I will try to feedback to Lawrence to raise BTO prices.

If you are willing, do share your property ownership details so we know where you are coming from.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Like stocks, you need not buy really at the bottom.
The charts /data are around.
Many property buyers were staying sidelines a few years ago until they sensed it had bottomed out 2 years ago.
That's the reason suddenly the stagnant ECs sale came to life and all gone.

Properties, unlike shares which are the same, differ in view, height etc and thus the pricing may differ
Very few of us can average down properties like stocks.

Timing is really important and is very difficult to predict the cycle. While property does not guarantee success, It is always good to have various investment to diversify the risks and property is certainly one area to look at if we want to break away from our current situation.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
"Eligible second-time buyers accounted for about 65 per cent of the units sold, said CDL. Under EC rules, only 30 per cent of the project can be allocated to second-time buyers during launch. Those in this group not able to buy during the initial launch period can do so for remaining units one month after the public launch."

Ah... That's how they can offload the remaining to the 2nd timers.

That's why they dare to charge high

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Any $commitment$ in properties, stocks and others are done without actual future would be like.
Otherwise they would be any divorce too.
But with some guts / contrarian view /reading, one should be able to have some intelligent guess.

Hindsight is always easy.

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans are CPF rich especially second timers. What they used for their first property including accrued interest using CPF funds all throw back into CPF OA for second property use

"Eligible second-time buyers accounted for about 65 per cent of the units sold, said CDL. Under EC rules, only 30 per cent of the project can be allocated to second-time buyers during launch. Those in this group not able to buy during the initial launch period can do so for remaining units one month after the public launch."

Ah... That's how they can offload the remaining to the 2nd timers.

That's why they dare to charge high

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans are CPF rich especially second timers. What they used for their first property including accrued interest using CPF funds all throw back into CPF OA for second property use
I really like how they tweaked the news to sound so positive even though it is the worst EC launch of the past few years.

"The 46 per cent sales achieved as of 6pm on Sunday (July 28) "makes Piermont Grand by far the best-selling property launch in 2019"

Matter of perspective.

But still, it is a far far cry from the 80% some guru was spouting here earlier.

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the best selling property launch in 2019 should be Sky Everton lol

I really like how they tweaked the news to sound so positive even though it is the worst EC launch of the past few years.

"The 46 per cent sales achieved as of 6pm on Sunday (July 28) "makes Piermont Grand by far the best-selling property launch in 2019"

Matter of perspective.

But still, it is a far far cry from the 80% some guru was spouting here earlier.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought the best selling property launch in 2019 should be Sky Everton lol

Piermont Grand - Best Selling by number of units sold on launch day in 2019

Sky Everton - Best Selling by % sold

Treasures - Best Selling by total number of units sold in 2019

if I am not wrong.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Our BTO HDB flats are all sold out consistently, must be underpriced too. I will try to feedback to Lawrence to raise BTO prices.

If you are willing, do share your property ownership details so we know where you are coming from.

You meant you do not know bto are underpriced ? If I can buy 5 bro from HDB, I will gladly buy it.

And is it important to know what property I own ? Take it as I am a unlucky person who want to buy brownstone EC back then but unable to do so due to mop issue. End up brownstone was sold out. I believe brownstone EC launch was selling about the same as this Samsung EC. To make things worse, it face competition from 2 other ECs in sembawang. But it still get sold out before the project top and also before my hdb mop. So I am quite sure Samsung ec will sold out even faster as no other EC for competition

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.