The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, besides owndays, any other places to check out for magnetic snap-on shades? $ wise seems like snap on cheaper than 2 glasses. Thanks.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
I'm using evoblue and prevencia. Prevencia doesn't block sun or glare as well. Blue light wise, about the same, but prevencia much more yellow.

Reaction score
Hi, besides owndays, any other places to check out for magnetic snap-on shades? $ wise seems like snap on cheaper than 2 glasses. Thanks.

Maybe something like this? :)

x1UEyId.jpg

ynWMhe7.jpg

U3Rvb99.jpg

nsY8SOT.jpg

Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using evoblue and prevencia. Prevencia doesn't block sun or glare as well. Blue light wise, about the same, but prevencia much more yellow.

hi prevencia is not a sunglass lens. it will only block off blue light and not glare and 'sun'
sunglasses should be considered if you want to reduce glare. If not, transitions..

Reaction score
Last edited:

mobiken

Reaction score
May I ask is it safe to buy frames online with either blickers or smart glasses?

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

Taro Pie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask is it safe to buy frames online with either blickers or smart glasses?

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

There are a few here who bought from smartbuyglasses, me included :)

Posted from PCWX using Huawei Y6 Pro

SJL0567

Reaction score
Had been looking for a good budget progressive lenses..
I was introduced by an optician about a local brand named One Fit,Plus and Supreme design at reasonable price but I was hesitate still as not much shops carry them..Anyone heard about it?How they compare to other design of branded lens like Zeiss..🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Thats the only brand with HEV(Blue) Absorb (~94% filter) technology built into the material + changes colour under the sun, while the rest(Essilor, zeiss, hoya) depends on a layer of blue coating on the lens surface to reflect away up to 30% HEV(Blue) light.

In terms of value for money & good protection, Kodak Evoblue would be recommended. :)

Quick illustration of the difference between Blue reflect & Blue absorb

Light Spectrum (Left side of chart being most harmful to humans):

Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated:s13:

Hi, can I ask if Kodak has a similar lens without the turn dark in sunlight feature¿ Thank you in advance. :)

Reaction score
Had been looking for a good budget progressive lenses..
I was introduced by an optician about a local brand named One Fit,Plus and Supreme design at reasonable price but I was hesitate still as not much shops carry them..Anyone heard about it?How they compare to other design of branded lens like Zeiss..🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hmm Never heard about these lenses. So far only Mvision has progressive lens design and material comparable to Zeiss.

Look out for their 4k Varios premium progressive design. I've had customers switching over from ID2, S/X series and claiming 4k's performance is much better than what they had previously

SJL0567

Reaction score
Hmm Never heard about these lenses. So far only Mvision has progressive lens design and material comparable to Zeiss.

Look out for their 4k Varios premium progressive design. I've had customers switching over from ID2, S/X series and claiming 4k's performance is much better than what they had previously

How much the 4K Various price for my degree about -200 with lao hua 150.with/without Transiiton.

Us their coating better than Zeiss?

xii4oboii

Reaction score
Hi guys

Wanted to ask for ur advise,

I wanna change my current spect lens and I saw online the Zeiss lens are quite good.. cause my current lens is oily and scratch badly

But I'm confused by the website for their duravision Platinum all this, may I know what the difference on them??

Also if I wan get Zeiss lens with all the coating on how much roughly it cost?? And got which shop I can go down have a look??

My degree is currently 500 degree on both eyes(sorry dunno the exact terms) I'm currently 28. And I think I only need single vision lense type

and my frame now is ownsday frame which is thick so I dun think I need super thin lens..

Sorry for the nub question and thanks for the help in advance :)

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Duravision platinum is their standard coating right now. Unless you are thinking of adding photofusion(photochromatic/transition) or blue protect(blue light filter).

You will need a 1.6 index lenses to be honest. 1.5 also can but the weight and outlook might not be too appealing.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys

Wanted to ask for ur advise,

I wanna change my current spect lens and I saw online the Zeiss lens are quite good.. cause my current lens is oily and scratch badly

But I'm confused by the website for their duravision Platinum all this, may I know what the difference on them??

Also if I wan get Zeiss lens with all the coating on how much roughly it cost?? And got which shop I can go down have a look??

My degree is currently 500 degree on both eyes(sorry dunno the exact terms) I'm currently 28. And I think I only need single vision lense type

and my frame now is ownsday frame which is thick so I dun think I need super thin lens..

Sorry for the nub question and thanks for the help in advance :)

xii4oboii

Reaction score
Thanks for the infor it help alot.

I won't go for the transition or anything as my frame is those clip on style :)

Also won't go for blue protect as the lens will affect the colour I see, I need is those very clear lens ..

Sorry got a few more questions,

What about the different type they offer ??
Single Vision AS, Single Vision Superb , single Vision Individual

Also what is this i.Scription??

And does the lens come with all those scratch dust resistance coating??

And also roughly how much the price will be??
Sorry ar first time change a better lens so I have alot nub question..

Duravision platinum is their standard coating right now. Unless you are thinking of adding photofusion(photochromatic/transition) or blue protect(blue light filter).

You will need a 1.6 index lenses to be honest. 1.5 also can but the weight and outlook might not be too appealing.

Hope this helps.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
The difference is the quality/clarity and extra measurements needed for the higher tiers.
I.scription is more customised whereby even night vision test will be taken into account and a special machine iprofiler(zeiss) have to be used in order to obtain the data for the lenses and thus will cost more.
Scratch resistance and all will apply but no such thing as scratch proof.

Thanks for the infor it help alot.

I won't go for the transition or anything as my frame is those clip on style :)

Also won't go for blue protect as the lens will affect the colour I see, I need is those very clear lens ..

Sorry got a few more questions,

What about the different type they offer ??
Single Vision AS, Single Vision Superb , single Vision Individual

Also what is this i.Scription??

And does the lens come with all those scratch dust resistance coating??

And also roughly how much the price will be??
Sorry ar first time change a better lens so I have alot nub question..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.