Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best is diy lor...

I expect SG car wash also won't adjust back the seats, turn back the blind spot mirror to the original position, car mat....etc

I experienced the above in both sg and jb car wash. I just return it back to original position.

His POV is understandable because seeing some of the people here mentioning that they're impressed with the service.

How many car wash you see will actually open your bonnet and wipe + top up your wind shield wiper fluid one. I would say I've never encountered any other than Hyper. The only issue which I did highlight to them is the ramp. Have a proper ram. That metal grating ain't stable at all.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Best is diy lor...

I expect SG car wash also won't adjust back the seats, turn back the blind spot mirror to the original position, car mat....etc

I experienced the above in both sg and jb car wash. I just return it back to original position.

I go for those RM10 car wash. Usually I'll move the car by myself. I don't want them to touch my mirror settings. The seats I don't mind, very easy to adjust back. Mine budget car, no memory seats or mirror.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Just went to Tyreworld Malaysia Johor Jaya near tebrue to change 2 Tyre.

Quite a big place with lots of car accessories selling and got free coffee and smoking room to wait while u look out of the mirror can see the Mechanic doing your car.

The guy ask if I want to add metal valve since I buy 2 pcs trye
One cost 12RM. Since is cheap why not.

But want to ask is this a must ? Rubber vs metal valve ?

they gave free 2pcs balancing
Then I told him do alignment also using hunter machine.

He say my car 2WD Do front alignment can Liao

Usually I go car click do front and back for 45RM

He Charge me 35RM For front only.

Got difference ? Or is he right ?

Was in a hurry so left to shopping after car done.
Back sg realise one trye cap is lost. Think they might have forget to put it back.

But still small issue to me since can be purchase at auto shop and mine is dame old already.

When I look at them change trye, they use hand tool to remove and install the trye not like other shop using air gun type.

My understand is trye supposed to use hand right instead of the air gun to prevent over tightening.

Last edited:

SuperSprint

Reaction score
His POV is understandable because seeing some of the people here mentioning that they're impressed with the service.

How many car wash you see will actually open your bonnet and wipe + top up your wind shield wiper fluid one. I would say I've never encountered any other than Hyper. The only issue which I did highlight to them is the ramp. Have a proper ram. That metal grating ain't stable at all.

Just went there yesterday, yah the ramp when exiting very not stable
My car lowered so always hit the front below area.

I always take 30RM package with sealant.

Yesterday’s they perform something new, open fuel tank cover to wipe the inside

Lol.

Really up there.

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JB anywher still got cheap 15" Bridgestone Ep300? I called and asked around all near 1000rm like no difference :(

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went there yesterday, yah the ramp when exiting very not stable
My car lowered so always hit the front below area.

I always take 30RM package with sealant.

Yesterday’s they perform something new, open fuel tank cover to wipe the inside

Lol.

Really up there.

Actually what's the RM30 package? :s11:

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Went to Petron to pump petrol, now they require u to put money before pump?
Anyone same ?

Was at the 3 petrol kiosk area.

funky05

Reaction score
Went to Petron to pump petrol, now they require u to put money before pump?
Anyone same ?

Was at the 3 petrol kiosk area.

That's the usual practice.. pay before pump, like give them rm150, pump and then collect balance if any. Malaysians do that too.

Else if u see bangla attendant, can ask them open pump for u and pay them directly.

If u are regular there and cashier knows u, just raise up your hand and they activate pump for u. Pay up after pumping inside cashier. I do this.

airxairx

Reaction score
Sometimes they required you to put a deposit at the cashier before activating the pump. Sometimes no need. Sometimes i wave to them, and they activate the pump , after pumping then I go make payment at the cashier. I also dunno if there's a "standard" practice.

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought mine from kongfai tyre. I was on Facebook jb tyres group and Re003 prices seem to have dropped below 200rm

Hi bro mind sharing wads the fb grp name? Seems like Useful group to join. Thanks in advance!

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm 900rm and below? Dont mind Yokohama AE50 or ES32 as well

i recommended a friend to go ah yuan's shop for his r15 tires recently... but i think he ended up going some where else for rm900 for 4 michelin mx+

is this considered cheap?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.