Rooting of Android phone?

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Is there any Android phone that can be pruchased from 2nd hand shop and be rooted as of now? Preferable Marshmallow and above?

hiakhiak

Reaction score
As long as the bootloader can be unlocked, it'll be easy to root the phone. (It'll be easier if custome recovery already available for your phone lah.) That means Huawei and OPPO are out because they don't allow you to unlock your bootloader. I believe Samsung phones will trip KNOX so you'll lose Samsung Pay and secure folder. Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, ASUS have unlockable bootloaders, so they're your best bet. I dunno about LG, Motorola and HTC.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as the bootloader can be unlocked, it'll be easy to root the phone. (It'll be easier if custome recovery already available for your phone lah.) That means Huawei and OPPO are out because they don't allow you to unlock your bootloader. I believe Samsung phones will trip KNOX so you'll lose Samsung Pay and secure folder. Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, ASUS have unlockable bootloaders, so they're your best bet. I dunno about LG, Motorola and HTC.

Xiaomi cannot unlocked now, only some specific models still can

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi cannot unlocked now, only some specific models still can

wrong, all xiaomi phones can be unlocked. however, u will have to wait a certain period of time after applying for unlock before being able to actually unlock the bootloader. for most new phones this is typically about a week. still better than not having unlock at all, and u will notice that many xiaomi phones, especially cheaper ones, have strong dev communities.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nova 3i can

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays, not many people are rooting their phones.

Android is much stable and fluid now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.