[OFFICIAL] LG V50

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first hand one review, the battery life is not as good a my previous mate 20x while the phone is fast, it is not as feature friendly as huawei as well, and the phone heat up pretty fast.

but then the speed wise, i think it is faster than huawei.
will try to upload the photo once i got more time to play with it.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u cna buy it from carosel or q10

take note q10 price does not factor in the GST

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first hand one review, the battery life is not as good a my previous mate 20x while the phone is fast, it is not as feature friendly as huawei as well, and the phone heat up pretty fast.

but then the speed wise, i think it is faster than huawei.
will try to upload the photo once i got more time to play with it.
Waiting for yr review. Thought so far only korea has it? Warranty is local or int? 1 yr? How much chiu buy?

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Aikon

Reaction score
Disappointing...still no news...like LG is really dead in Singapore.

While Sony, just resurrected with the X1 this month.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah man. Note 10 & 10+ also out liao even though cam & os still behind huawei

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Disappointing...still no news...like LG is really dead in Singapore.

While Sony, just resurrected with the X1 this month.
Easier to get from qoo10. Only $500+ after coupon discounts.

Sent from LG G7 ThinQ using GAGT

kazxenon

Reaction score
Got mine with the dual screen and have been using it the past 2 days, got to say its really an underrated phone, especially at this reduced price now on qoo10.

So far, no complaints about the performance, camera wise better than my note 8, battery with dual screen, i unplugged at 10am and came back at 12 am with about 20% battery life left.

The dual screen can be useful, there are a few things about it that most reviewers have never even mentioned. One use case is i opened grab and go jek on 2 screens and compared the cost directly. I use it to compare price lists, watch video and reply messages on the other. There are quite a lot that you can do with the dual screen, but it takes some getting used to because you have to consciously use it to find it useful.

If anyone have any questions about the dual screen, can just ask over here, I will try my best to answer.

kazxenon

Reaction score
If you ever decide to sell your V50 msg me man..lol

Haha you may have to wait for a while, the only time I will even consider changing phone will be in December, when my plan ends.

Besides, this phone is awesome in a way where its a conversation starter, some people are coming up to me and asking: omfg what is that:s13:

Quick update:

Battery life is better now, disabled and greenify korean bloatware:
Unplugged at 10.45am, reached home at 11pm with 55% left, mixed use of dual screen, gaming, video, music, web surfing, 50% brightness and connected to my zenwatch 3.

Wired Music playback with DAC is superb, bluetooth music use DTS X helps in giving the music a kick to make it enjoyable.

Dual screen can use a mode called Wide Mode, it stretches the browser over the 2 screens, only works with chrome though, naturally big bezel in the middle.

mousehunt

Reaction score
This phone is announced in Feb 2019. Now is already September 2019.

If this phone ever launch in SG, it is an old phone already and maybe V60 has already been launch in other countries.

I have been waiting for so long. This scenario is the same as LG V30.

Maybe SG is not a focus market for LG anymore.

Sianz.......

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 766 (excluding GST). seems good deal sia. + everything about 820.

Quite tempted to get....

kazxenon

Reaction score
This phone is announced in Feb 2019. Now is already September 2019.

If this phone ever launch in SG, it is an old phone already and maybe V60 has already been launch in other countries.

I have been waiting for so long. This scenario is the same as LG V30.

Maybe SG is not a focus market for LG anymore.

Sianz.......

V60 is already rumored to be dual screen focused.
Using the V50, i think that LG got the dual screen software pretty well done.
Now they just need the proper hardware.

Anyway i never believed that SG was a focus market for LG all along.

Besides the V50 was definitely a test platform for LG and that's why the V50 in US does not have the Pogo pins to use the dual screen. They are doing the tests in their own home ground in Korea first.

V60 with the refined dual screen maybe?:s22:'

The V50 itself is far from being a bad phone though, it has most of the top specs and great cameras, and with the dual screen function, very good package actually.

Qoo10 766 (excluding GST). seems good deal sia. + everything about 820.

Quite tempted to get....

I got it from Qoo10 too.

Without the dual screen its around 632(with GST) which is still really not bad considering you get mostly high end specs with good cam. BUT you do have other choices like K20 pro, black shark 2, Z6 Pro, Red Magic 3 in this price category.

The main reason why you will want to get the V50 is the Dual Screen case.

What i do get from the dual screen is a very ''interesting'' experience that is also functional for my day to day use, its like a glimpse into the future 1 or 2 years down the road.:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.