Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
Good morning Singapore.... 10 days to national day! Lets keep stong to fight for our freedom against AL.

Hope all and everyone is good and safe.

Reaction score
You never return the amount forced loan to u also?

Hi, i am in the same shoe as you which was forced loan. I posted about my experience in the earlier threads too.
Now since the incident, it had been 2-3months. I however do not transfer any payments to them at all. PLEASE DONT PAY THEM ANYTHING! Take that forced loan amoubt to do something good.
All they can do is send threats via sms, whatsapp, videos etc.. Ignore all contacts from them.
Btw,i did not change my phone number, nor close my bank acc. Dont worry, be vigilant, install cctv/ if you want.
Cheers!!

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's nice to see that this thread is still going strong. Hope and pray that to those who are suffering from these UML scams are keeping strong. Remember that you're not alone and if you need advice please read this and the previous thread

Reaction score
Wonder what happen to this person now..

Yes i informed them , with my prove police report everything . Hope the best now . And now i searching for another job .. sigh .. fcking nightmare . They totally changed my life even theres no harassment yet ..

neek84

Reaction score
Hi all. I have encouraged greatly reading all the comments here.

I am a Malaysian working in Singapore. I inquired for a loan (which i thought was licensed) and gave all my details (WP, phone, NOK phone, lease agreement with address and landlord info, and bank details).

Yesterday (1 Aug) i suddenly received $300 in my bank acc and i asked him if this was from him. I said i never agreed to this. I do not want to be part of this illegal money transfer. He kept insisting to transfer back $450 to him.

I do not know what to do now. My mind is very worried. I have closed my bank acc and i plan to do a police report today. Is there anything else i should be doing? I am so worried if he calls my office and my friends. Or even appear at my home and vandalise things or throw paint. There is a 70 year old aunty staying there.

And the $300 he transferred, what do i do with it?

Help!

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score

I am a Malaysian working in Singapore. I inquired for a loan (which i thought was licensed) and gave all my details (WP, phone, NOK phone, lease agreement with address and landlord info, and bank details).

Yesterday (1 Aug) i suddenly received $300 in my bank acc and i asked him if this was from him. I said i never agreed to this. I do not want to be part of this illegal money transfer. He kept insisting to transfer back $450 to him.

I do not know what to do now. My mind is very worried. I have closed my bank acc and i plan to do a police report today. Is there anything else i should be doing? I am so worried if he calls my office and my friends. Or even appear at my home and vandalise things or throw paint. There is a 70 year old aunty staying there.

Help!
What you're going through is the thing a lot of us have went through. And to answer your question of what you can do, please read the thread. Plenty of information on what needs to be done has been shared.

Wishing you well in the face of adversity

Reaction score

Help!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

For the funds, try to return to sender, if can't, just keep it and do some good with it.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Inform your office that you’ve been scammed. And show them the police report. Don’t return the money back to them. It’s considered as illegal money laundering for them. Just tell them go police station take the money. Most people here don’t return back usually.

Help!

neek84

Reaction score
Yea, have already done a police report. And informed my office and friends. I contacted the Anti Loan shark facebook page and told them my situation too. They said if i were to report to police, there’s a chance they will send my report to MOM and get my work permit cancelled. Is it true? He asked me doni want to take that risk And then he proceed asking me tk text him if need advice.

Reaction score
That face book page is very fishy too... Be careful of who u trust. I also approched them previously.... Yes true chances are will inform MOM and cancle ur permit as thats the new law enforced this year.
My advise... Be prepared for the worst... Anything can happen... Or maybe nothing.... We cant say for sure but we can be prepared

My situation.... Day 4 of harrasments

Yea, have already done a police report. And informed my office and friends. I contacted the Anti Loan shark facebook page and told them my situation too. They said if i were to report to police, there’s a chance they will send my report to MOM and get my work permit cancelled. Is it true? He asked me doni want to take that risk And then he proceed asking me tk text him if need advice.

polarinda

Reaction score
Ignore everyone. Change number n bank acct. Nothing will happen to you

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Singapore Anti Loansharks Facebook wont help you unless you pay them. You need to just tell your company that you’ve been scammed. No need to explain so much details. Just said someone transferred money to your account and show them your police report as well to back you up.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Bro, my friend approached them and asked for advice. They were asking for about 3k to engage surveillance group for their device. Ridiculous. How to have the 3k when already broke? Get cctv is better than paying them.

That face book page is very fishy too... Be careful of who u trust. I also approched them previously.... Yes true chances are will inform MOM and cancle ur permit as thats the new law enforced this year.
My advise... Be prepared for the worst... Anything can happen... Or maybe nothing.... We cant say for sure but we can be prepared

My situation.... Day 4 of harrasments

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Bro, my friend approached them and asked for advice. They were asking for about 3k to engage surveillance group for their device. Ridiculous. How to have the 3k when already broke? Get cctv is better than paying them.

$3k for their surveillance group?? for that kind of money i can install CCTVs along the entire corridor man!!! what the hell??

olaitshawaii

Reaction score
I ever messaged the Anti Singapore Loansharks too. They gave me their Malaysian number, followed by abundance of reviews from their customers - being thankful. They mentioned to me that after contacting them, I'll have to deactivate my social media account as there's a high chance that the loansharks might post about me, etcs. But what's weird is, after contacting them - only then the loansharks sent Facebook messages to my friends ; exposing my details, etcs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.