[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok loaded optimise default and setup XMP enabled to 3200MHz(auto) again. PBO default is auto in bios. Ryzen master now show oc mode as default. But the voltage still wont downvolt. Hovers above 1.35v

C3Jsk4e.png

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok loaded optimise default and setup XMP enabled to 3200MHz(auto) again. PBO default is auto in bios. Ryzen master now show oc mode as default. But the voltage still wont downvolt. Hovers above 1.35v

C3Jsk4e.png

Seems like UEFI not updated, encountered same issue with older version of Ryzen master. I think you have manual vcore defined in one of the profiles...

On AGESA 1.0.0.3AB ?

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like UEFI not updated, encountered same issue with older version of Ryzen master. I think you have manual vcore defined in one of the profiles...

On AGESA 1.0.0.3AB ?

I didnt set anything in ryzen master as i not sure how to configure it yet. I hit reset anyway and it say nothing to reset as it is at default. Its the latest version. I'm on latest gigabyte bios fw(F4f) which support 1.0.0.3AB
CsVRNAu.png

Can you do a screenshot of cpuz on the memory tab.
idqq4qe.png

I disabled PBO in bios but still vcore above 1.35v

PqxvEa7.png

Last edited:

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
I guess i will just leave it as it is for now since i have tried most of the suggestion u guys recommended. Thanks to all for giving pointers.

Saw there is an eco mode in bios. It’s disable by default. No issue by leaving it disable?

Last edited:

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess i will just leave it as it is for now since i have tried most of the suggestion u guys recommended. Thanks to all for giving pointers.

Same bios F4, and memory looks ok @1600.
Last try, uninstall Ryzen master and reinstall, this will initialise all profiles.

concept_fuel

Reaction score

Actually there is nothing to be worried about just that seeing those high voltages and temps which actually are just spikes might be something that most are not used to especially those coming from Intel side of things.
You see, Zen/Zen+ and zen2 has loads of sensors built into the CPU to sense temps/voltages etc for xfr/pb/ pbo to do it's thing and can switch state in a matter of 1ms while your software readouts like hwinfo has a default polling rate of 2 secs.

It's something like your gaming FPS. You can't really tell your minimums and maximums by just looking on the screen and the FPS counter. Frames goes by so fast that it might not be meaningful to show a consistently moving FPS counter hence why averages are used.

Hopefully there will be a fix without hurting performance.

Meanwhile I will be just using my manual settings as usual like what I have done on all 3 gens of my Zen CPUs to give that nice balance of temps/power/performance and be at Zen:)(pun intended)

XVo04QU_d.webp

nckai

Reaction score
I think there's no need to worry too much if things are kept at stock level. Just enjoy the new setup! :D

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually there is nothing to be worried about just that seeing those high voltages and temps which actually are just spikes might be something that most are not used to especially those coming from Intel side of things.
You see, Zen/Zen+ and zen2 has loads of sensors built into the CPU to sense temps/voltages etc for xfr/pb/ pbo to do it's thing and can switch state in a matter of 1ms while your software readouts like hwinfo has a default polling rate of 2 secs.

It's something like your gaming FPS. You can't really tell your minimums and maximums by just looking on the screen and the FPS counter. Frames goes by so fast that it might not be meaningful to show a consistently moving FPS counter hence why averages are used.

Hopefully there will be a fix without hurting performance.

Meanwhile I will be just using my manual settings as usual like what I have done on all 3 gens of my Zen CPUs to give that nice balance of temps/power/performance and be at Zen:)(pun intended)

XVo04QU_d.webp

I think there's no need to worry too much if things are kept at stock level. Just enjoy the new setup! :D

Got new beta bios out for gigabytes MB with AGESA 1003ABB. Going to flash bios to these to see got difference or not. Will just live with it if still cannot.

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
just installed an aio, id cooling auraflow x240
idle temps in a non aircon room, idle temps at high 50s, load temps almost touching 80
previously on my wraith spire load temps were 85 deg

computer doesn't get as noisy though

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Getting back to Sg today, if got time, will pop by SLS to grab:
Mobo - Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Formula or Gigabyte X570 Xtreme....depends on distro and warranty length
Case - CoolerMaster H500M
CPUCooler - either Cooler Master 360mm AIO or Corsair 360mm AIO

With these, I can start building my rig.......

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got new beta bios out for gigabytes MB with AGESA 1003ABB. Going to flash bios to these to see got difference or not. Will just live with it if still cannot.

Thanks for the info, flashed to f4i/AGESA1003ABB .
Didn't play destiny, so far so good...Finger crossed & touch wood:s13:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

C3Jsk4e.png

Did you set your power profile to Ryzen balanced?

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you set your power profile to Ryzen balanced?

Yes. tried windows balanced and AMD Ryzen balanced. In fact windows balance give me a lower range of 1.28+v to 1.4+v, with it being 1.28+v most of the time

nckai

Reaction score
Yes. tried windows balanced and AMD Ryzen balanced. In fact windows balance give me a lower range of 1.28+v to 1.4+v, with it being 1.28+v most of the time

For the purpose of testing, maybe you close all running applications, i.e. taskbar, and see how it goes?

For me, if I have Plex running, the voltage hardly goes below 1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.