The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

xii4oboii

Reaction score
Yup I know there nothing is scratch proof. :)

For I.scription isit any shop also can do ?? Or got specific store can do??

And with and without the I.cription price will have alot diff??

Gangsterkia thanks for the help alot .. really appreciate it :)

The difference is the quality/clarity and extra measurements needed for the higher tiers.
I.scription is more customised whereby even night vision test will be taken into account and a special machine iprofiler(zeiss) have to be used in order to obtain the data for the lenses and thus will cost more.
Scratch resistance and all will apply but no such thing as scratch proof.

cmos196

Reaction score
Asahi UV3G block blue light looks good

I tested the Asahi UV3G yesterday, and looks good compare to mine.
Not sure is it necessary to block all the blue light or how much blue light will enter our eyes ?

BTW. @EyezoneOpticalSG any further discount for hardwarezone users? please PM me if have. Thanks

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe Iscription will cost about 1-200 more. Somewhere along there as I do not have an iprofiler. I believe you can such online. Kj optometrists at plaza sing has. You can give them a call to find out more.

Yup I know there nothing is scratch proof. :)

For I.scription isit any shop also can do ?? Or got specific store can do??

And with and without the I.cription price will have alot diff??

Gangsterkia thanks for the help alot .. really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
I tested the Asahi UV3G yesterday, and looks good compare to mine.
Not sure is it necessary to block all the blue light or how much blue light will enter our eyes ?

BTW. @EyezoneOpticalSG any further discount for hardwarezone users? please PM me if have. Thanks

Hi bro, Asahi UV3G doesn't block out all blue light.

These lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

We price our items reasonably as all our 5 stores are in HDB area.
Friendly HDB prices 🤭

Last edited:

xii4oboii

Reaction score
Thanks for the infor..

I think I will give down and have a look at there shop.

Btw mind pm mi ur shop, cause my gf also wan make a new spec but she only need nice design de.

I believe Iscription will cost about 1-200 more. Somewhere along there as I do not have an iprofiler. I believe you can such online. Kj optometrists at plaza sing has. You can give them a call to find out more.

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone wearings specs from Foptics or Lenskart SG? Are they any good as their prices are lower than the usual optician shops.

Want to change my Owndays glasses as I suspect my degree has gone up :s22:

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone wearings specs from Foptics or Lenskart SG? Are they any good as their prices are lower than the usual optician shops.

Want to change my Owndays glasses as I suspect my degree has gone up :s22:
I'm wearing foptics, $35.90 all in. frame not the expensive type. wearing since March 2019

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing foptics, $35.90 all in. frame not the expensive type. wearing since March 2019

Is it diff from usual shops specs?!? and what's the quality of the specs like? :s22:

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score

35.90 frame and lens all in??
Didnt know now the market is like that
Good?

Im looking for glasses with magnetic shade snap on. So far saw there are

Ownsday
EyezoneOpticalSG
Foptics

Any others? Thanks

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty decent. Sometimes, if the lenses are still in good condition, can find a frame of similar design to try to fit the lenses in to salvage the lenses. :)
I wouldn't say attract dust... All stuff will have dust on it.. Kind of inevitable. If you are happy with prevencia can stick with it. If not can upgrade to other brands e.g zeiss/hoya blue protect/control

using back lenses possible but a lot of time the focal point will still be off which makes the vision blurry.

I had done it before so I know.

Now I made a new pair with expensive lenses and I had a spare brand new exact pair of eyeglasses for backup which I bought at discounted promo 40% off.

eyewearsabae

Reaction score
Hi Xii4oboii,

You could visit japansabae-glasses.com or google with keywords zazen, glasses, sabae, japan and find the online shop producing what you are looking for from the same city which is Sabae city in Japan. Sabae city produces 97% of all eyewear in Japan.

I am a Singaporean living in Sabae city for 13 years and my japanese wife`s family operates the online store and they have factories in Sabae. You could read the story on the 105 years of eyewear production at the website. Celluloid is more shiny than acetate and does not change shape as easily as acetate (therefore preferred professional guitar picks are made from celluloid). It seems that only Sabae city could produce celluloid eyewear now and first titanium eyewear was first invented in Sabae.

The price is good as well because direct factory price.

This is my first post here and does not have enough posts to post image or url...

Sorry that I am inexperienced at this forum.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s cool that we have more options now! Keep up the posting and help the community here.
Cheers!

Hi Xii4oboii,

You could visit japansabae-glasses.com or google with keywords zazen, glasses, sabae, japan and find the online shop producing what you are looking for from the same city which is Sabae city in Japan. Sabae city produces 97% of all eyewear in Japan.

I am a Singaporean living in Sabae city for 13 years and my japanese wife`s family operates the online store and they have factories in Sabae. You could read the story on the 105 years of eyewear production at the website. Celluloid is more shiny than acetate and does not change shape as easily as acetate (therefore preferred professional guitar picks are made from celluloid). It seems that only Sabae city could produce celluloid eyewear now and first titanium eyewear was first invented in Sabae.

This is my first post here and does not have enough posts to post image or url...

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
35.90 frame and lens all in??
Didnt know now the market is like that
Good?

Im looking for glasses with magnetic shade snap on. So far saw there are

Ownsday
EyezoneOpticalSG
Foptics

Any others? Thanks
good!

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Tried screwing to tighten the frame but find it hard to screw.. Need bring to any shop ok? U think they can help me replace screw and screw? If nt need buy new one ownself cause the screw lose shape liao

Reaction score
Tried screwing to tighten the frame but find it hard to screw.. Need bring to any shop ok? U think they can help me replace screw and screw? If nt need buy new one ownself cause the screw lose shape liao

Hi bro,

We dont charge for screws/ nosepads replacements.

Just bring to any of our 5 Stores:
Blk 184 Toa Payoh Central #01-366 S(310184)
Blk 143 Teck Whye Lane #01-233 S(680143)
Blk 101 Yishun Ave 5 #01-97 S(760101)
Blk 213 Bedok Central #01-127 S(460213)
Blk 301 Woodlands St 31 #01-259 S(730301)

:s12:

xii4oboii

Reaction score
Thanks for the information

I will Google and check it out

Thanks for the help

Hi Xii4oboii,

Basilchristeo

Reaction score
Any frequent customers of Jamco Optical care to weight in on their experience? I'm looking for an everyday pair, preferably one that is gym-friendly.

I've checked out the IG page and the round metal frames from Oliver People & Yellow+ seem promising!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.